Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Man vs. Qabiil vs. SOL

Since the inception of the Federal Transitional Government, countless pages of SOL has been dedicated to how "power" should be allocated to different regions (read tribes).There are two top posts in the TFG which was traditionally alternated between two regions. The speaker position is monopolized by one region though there's downside to it in that God must have written in the heavens that this region can't do any better than that. And then there are the ministries. Through ungodly formula,the ministries are div-up in such way in that it boggles the human mind.

In any case,every time prime-minister is appointed as required by TFG's famous incompetent tradition, SOL goes into full gear. Winners and losers are established and the game of political scoring picks up the heat.

In the past, the lion of Puntland (not my words) reigned supreme that's till he was humbled and exiled. Before he was shown the door, his supporters without any sense of humility defended his mistakes and rubbed his "victories" into their opponents' faces. As time would have it, Yeey had to go.Those who supported had to spin his departure and those who hated him celebrated.

A new man was selected among the many summoned by the international community. A relatively unknown was thrusted into the limelight. Euphoria erupted and legions of supporters emerged. Naturally, Yeey supporters had to lick their wounds and bow their heads. Soon, the new president had to appoint new prime-minister. As tradition would have it, the prime-minister was to be from Puntland (it doesn't matter if the man ever lived in Puntland or know how Puntlanders live). Of course, our expectations were confirmed and another unknown (in terms of civil war Somali politics) was named. Puntlanders took some solace in this as it reaffirm their primary role in Somali politics. Of course, others saw it differently. Supporters of the new president much like their cousins from Puntland showed no humility and not minute later, Puntlanders were told you are guests in Mogadisho. In all this, the secessionists depending if there's slow news day in Hargeysa or not take sides and made trashing the South a time-honored tradition and of course, the southerners are merciless creatures and mock the limbo secessionists have find themselves in. Waan ku rabaa kumana rabo attitude of the Northerners offers the perfect recipe of good old northern bashing. And then there are everybody's poor cousins (once they were mighty force)-reer Gedo have been relegated to second division cursed by Barre's 21 yrs of reign.

Anyhow, lets fast forward to the present situation, Omar was paid off to "resign". The speculations started and SOL was at again. A temporary prime-minister was appointed and the saga went into full swing. There were rumors that the new prime-minister will be reer Gedo or reer Sool and that reer Puntland (the region has been downsized by now, no longer is Buhoodle Puntland by some definition) will not be getting coveted prize. The rumors were confirmed and another unknown was appointed.

Puntlanders hit a new low, the curse of Barre was broken and Sharif was somewhat redeemed. Speculation started about cabinet members and who will get how many ministries. Before I go on, I must established some facts about the TFG.

TFG is non-entity-this is not my opinion. It is fact as confirmed the reality in the Xamar. The organization can not exist without AMISOM firepower. It has no institutions including viable security apparatus.

Ministers of the TFG have no portfolio. There are no buildings, no staff to supervise and definitely no services to offer our needy Somalis.

For all practical and purposes, the TFG might as well be a pie in the sky which brings me to little story.

Back in the day (I think Nina will remember this smile.gif ), I used to watch a play on Somali TV. It was about two friends. One day, they were walking and one of them wondered what if a bag of money fallen from the sky. His friend said that will be wonderful and how much money will it be. The wishful fella said, it will be four hundred thousands. I'm gonna give you one hundred thousand and I will take three hundred. Needless to say, the friend replied this is unfair bargain. An argument ensued and the rest as they say was history. Here you have two men fighting over money that is not there.

It is our misfortune that we have Solers arguing about how to divide ministries that don't exist-ministries with no portfolio.That has nothing to their name. It is sad that Solers will tie their sense of their Qabiil's importance to how many phantom ministries each region has.The TFG is DEAD and any future Somali government will be dead as long as Somalis continue fighting over the corpse of what used to be Somalia.

What is even sadder is this obsession with men who are elevated to Godlike status. If we look matters from Qabiil perspectives, what has Sharif done for his Qabiil let alone his nation, what has Ina Rasheed for Puntland, and what do all the so called ministers done for respective tribes? Why invest in men who will come, do nothing and leave the same way they come in?

It is pointless for Duke, Gabbal (sorry I picked on two of you) to have an argument over how important Puntland is and how many ministers it deserves. What good do ministers do if they can not help the poor in Gedo and Bari?

Sorry I rumbled this long but Somalis will better served if they think creating and supporting institutions and not men and non-existing entities. Support people who are working to resuscitate the Somali state and not be burdened with Qabiil pride which traps you in unnecessary parallel universe where there's no peace, reconciliation, and eventually no Somalia.

It's RIDICILOUS to fight if Abdikarim is technically from Puntland or if someone from Goldogob can be classified as Puntlander. I saw Xaaju Xunduf making point of Goldogob people not being Puntlanders. The irony here is shall there be a bad news from Goldogob, Xaaji will plaster it on these pages emphatically telling us the pirate state is up in flames? The fact he nitpicks even from perspective of secessionist is sad enough!

N before the obvious is asked and stated. I am Al-Shabaab supporter. I support AS as movement and it's my hope it will turn into an institution-one that protects,provides, and justly rules its citizens. I don't care if AS is led Ceyrow, Godane, Rooboow, Shangole, or any other character as long as these men deliver for the people! It's my hope that you will support your entity in the same manner.

May God have mercy on us. God bless Somalia and the Somalis.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

N before the obvious is asked and stated. I am Al-Shabaab supporter. I support AS as movement and it's my hope it will turn into an institution-one that protects,provides, and justly rules its citizens. I don't care if AS is led Ceyrow, Godane, Rooboow, Shangole, or any other character as long as these men deliver for the people! It's my hope that you will support your entity in the same manner.

Just for the record .....

I can see because of your confusion and desperation you are not doing good here either ,, you're just moving your support from BAD to WORSE ......

The Zack   

Originally posted by Xaji_Xunjuf:

i just don't like clan minded people

Oh, really? Why don't you like yourself, yaa Xundhuf?

Do you wanna me prove that you are very clan-minded? I didn't think so :D .

Allow soo hanuuni Godane, Siilaanyana waddada ku toosi.

Siilaanyo waddada wa ku toosanyahay, Godana jidki amisom oo kaga siifeyn laha dalka bu hayaa.

Zack anigu xita halgankina waan tageersanahay inad dalkina ka xoreysataan tigrayga , waxad isla jeceshihin waanu idin la jecelnahay

Now how am i clan minded.

Al shabaab waa dad laso qalday oo laga marinhabaabiyay wadamadda afganistan iyo Pakistan, dadki taageersana waxan weydiina is qarxin,gowrac,gaaleysiin JANNo maku heleysaan????

AYOUB   

It's RIDICILOUS to fight if Abdikarim is technically from Puntland or if someone from Goldogob can be classified as Puntlander. I saw Xaaju Xunduf making point of Goldogob people not being Puntlanders.

What's your opinion on it though, are Goldogobis Puntlanders? I've seen some say they're not or they're part of Galmudug.

I am Al-Shabaab supporter. I support AS as movement and it's my hope it will turn into an institution-one that protects,provides, and justly rules its citizens. I don't care if AS is led Ceyrow, Godane, Rooboow, Shangole, or any other character as long as these men deliver for the people!

I doubt you'd be as loyal in your support for AS if if it was the citizens of Goldogob that were being blown to smithereens? Geeri nimaan aqoon iyo geel jiray ku wanaagsantahay baa la yidhi. smile.gif

Che, che che, I have not known you to be this flamboyant about anything,what gives comrade?

Its one thing to have pity party for yourself, its another thing when you make mistatements and represent your views as facts. For example, in your log above, you stated:

TFG is non-entity-this is not my opinion. It is fact as confirmed the reality in the Xamar.

For something to be factual, it has to be undeniable, no room for speculation and it has to be existing in fact, in which case it can not exist in mere possibility. It can not be disputed, it can not be fabricated, it can not be stated as an opinion and thats exactly what you did when knowily and provocatively said the TFG WERE "nonentity".

The fact of the matter is that you are wrong. You are wrong to say that TFG IS "NONENTITY", waayo TFG does exist, its not planted nor is it imagined in the minds of people.

That being said, you can argue and say the TFG is a government entity, an ineffective, powerless entity at that, whose legitimacy is questioned by many, nevertheless, existence for all intends and purposes. Because of their weakened position, they do not control all of mogadishu and surrounding areas but more or less, mostly is due to failure in leadership and not failure in the government institution who we have come to call TFG. However, you can not say the TFG is nonentity just because you imagine them to be nonentity does not make it so. Just because you want something to not exist it doesnt make it so, things dont solely disappear because you have disdain for one thing or another.

TFG is a government institution that enjoys the recognition of the international community, not limited to the United nations. It was established according to the federal parliament accord of 2004. It represents majority of the Somali population, both at home and abroad.

However, the TFG does not enjoy the support of all its important constituents, which are the people who currently reside in the capital. The TFG has a charter, it is far from perfect but enjoys substantial support from the Somali diaspora, for this reason, TFG is an entity rather than a nonentity.

Lastly, comrade, remember the saying, "YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINIONS BUT NOT TO YOUR OWN FACTS"? Do your best to make the distinction between facts from fiction, facts from opinion and you and I and the rest of soler gang will get along better. Dont you want us to be one big happy family who listen to one another and take ques from one another and you say, "yes sir, no madam", "aye aye captain"?

Other than that, the reading content in your log can still make headaways for as long as you present the evidence at equal proportion.

Your loving and beholden comrade in arms,

LayZieG