Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

President Rayale and his delegation return to Somaliland

After a two week succesful visit to the United Kingdom and the United States, the Somaliland delegation led by President Dahir Rayale Kahin returns to Hargeisa.

The President of the Republic of Somaliland, Mudane Dahir Rayale Kahin and his delegation returned to Somaliland on Monday, January 21st, 2008 after a two week official visit to the United Kingdom and the United States of America.

The President and his delegation were welcomed at Egal International Airport in Hargeisa by the Somaliland Vice-President, Mudane Ahmed Yusuf Yasin, Ministers from the Somaliland government, Senior officers from Somaliland's armed forces, the Mayor of Hargeisa, senior officials from UDUB and members of the public.

After taking the salute from a guard of honour from the Somaliland Defence Forces, President Rayale gave a press conference at the Presidency in Hargeisa.

President Rayale stated in his press conference that "My delegation departed from Somaliland and our first stop was in the United Kingdom. There we met with the new British minister for African Affairs, Lord Mullach-Brown who received us with all the necessary protocol.

Our discussion with Lord Mullach Brown was not limited to the question of recognition but other areas of mutual interest, and I can confirm there are substantial developments from these discussions..You may have also heard that the Somaliland delegation was received at the Houses of Parliament, and we met with the All Party Somaliland Group, including Allun Michael MP and Cathy McCarthy, MP. Both who have shown great determination and dedication in furthering the case of Somaliland.

You have also heard Prime Minister Brown answering questions from Mr. Michael in the Parliament and Mr. Brown extending his welcome to our delegation from Somaliland"

President Rayale also gave a summary of the visit to the United States of America, in which he stated "We arrived in the United States to a warm welcome from senior officers from the State Department, and whilst there met with, the Pentagon, the State Department, USAID, the Congressional committee on African Affairs, and the National Security Council advisers to the American President, and let me say, that in all the meetings with these seniors officers our issues; recognition, democracy, security, aid and development were discussed and I feel that the American officials were receptive to our point of view"

President Rayale went to highlight some of the other aspects of the visit, "Our hosts arranged meetings on a department to department basis, the members of our delegation met with their respective departments, and we had the opportunity to discuss the needs of Somaliland, and how the United States can be of help, in conclusion the meeting we had the United States government was one of understanding and co-operation. I am hopeful that this visit will lead to a more comprehensive engagement with the United States, and we are expecting the results of these discussion to bear fruit in the next few months and years"

President Rayale also took the opportunity to thank the members of the Somaliland community in both countries for the role they had played in making the visits a great success " Wherever I go, I am heartened by the dedication and efforts of the people of Somaliland"

Prior to the delegations return to Somaliland, President Rayale met with the Ethiopian Prime Minister, Mr. Meles Zenawi to discuss issues of mutual interest to both countries and the strengthening the relationship between Somaliland and Ethiopia.

The Presidents' delegation included, Marwo Huda Barkhad, the Somaliland ministers for Foreign Affairs, Health and Justice, Mudane Abdillahi Mohamed Duale, Mudane Abdi Haibe Mohamed and Mudane Ahmed Hassan Ali, along with the deputy minister for Planning, Mudane Ahmed Hashi and the President's private secretary, Mudane Ahmed Mohamed Isse.

Omar Mohamed Farah

Qarannews, Hargeisa

Ibtisam   

JAC: taadku shaaqlaan baadan, how can they afford to do this everytime he leaves and enters the country? And could you not get a picture of my guy in the army in the army picture baal?

I'm still trying to find that guy's picture ,,,,,

It is not a cost effective dee ,,, people just go there and prepare for the departure/arrival and that is it ,,,,,,,,,

Ibtisam   

^^^I'm sure someone gets paid, if so it is a waste for the limited resources the state has, tell him to get a cab home next time. And create jobs for all those people standing around to watch him land and take off. :D

It is the part of the policy to make people busy watching him arrive/depart :D

They get the usual salary and bonuses ,,,,, they are lucky if they get some Khat on that event :D

Gediid   

Aar kuwaanaa Nuur cade waa ka dareen.This is a total waste of time.Another thing I noticed whenever Riyaale leaves the country why does he take his wife with him?

Idinkoo kuwee ah?

This is how the man is raggeedii:

Su’aal: Mr. President, how do you rate your success in your trip to America in the face of State Department’s press release?

Jawaab: War annagu markii horeba aqoonsi maanan doonan! Aqoonsigu wuu iska immaan doonaa :D