Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

'The Law of Karma in Kismayo' Revisited

me   

Dear Herr General Duke & Monsieur HornAfrique,

I am very disappointed at your behaviour tonight. Your petty squabbles and fights are not necessary, so I suggest you stop it and you combine your powers.

Come on guys, kiss and make up, don't you have a common enemy? So save petty squabbles for later.

For now, you partners in crime, co-defendants, Homeboyz, Roaddawgs, you are ebony & ivory (find out which is which), you are thick and thin, your inseparable.

Spit on it and shake on it. Come on, ok ready?

Now take a pose and kick some *** , SOL is your platform now show those, flag burning, whacked out wadaads that you are not taking it anymore.

Show them that their kind is unwelcome in Somalia and that they should return to their caves; give them directions to Tora Bora.

Divided you fall, united your strong.

If you wanna go fast go alone, if you wanna go far go with others, so go with each other not at each other.

Now Herr General Duke & Monsieur HornAfrique, you know where you stand. So please ignore each other or work together, but do not fight each other for the sake of my soap opera.

Thank you,

ME

^^^ ME. I have never doubted my position nor the fakery of it all, including your latest ploy.

I tell you the game has just begun the players are getting limited by the day, the foreign fighters are here.

My position is clear, unity through justice this fake religious reveloution is already running out of steam. Whats left, the lower Shabbele and the real liberation of the south is still to come.

Originally posted by me:

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhh I waited for this moment, HornAfrique and General Duke standing on the same side, having a common enemy.

By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!

107028.jpg

THE POWER IS YOURS

Yo ME!, you such funny guy sxb! hats off sxb! entertainingly good stuff!

me   

^^^ General Duke all jokes aside; no one has ever doubted your position. You have always shown respect to your opponents and that’s admirable. It is rare to see that here on SOL.

It is not a secret that there is a rivalry between you (General Duke) and Hornafrique. I presume that this rivalry goes way back. I am just saying burry your hatchet, most preferably burry it in the ICU and its supporters here on SOL.

I would like to see few players left and few camps here on SOL political section.

LOL@ME and Generalka.

NGONGE, the wadaado’s are very realistic as to what they can and can’t achieve through military intervention. Kismayo was an easy prey though. It was ruled by a coalition of warlords who naively thought they could get away with that grand theft. In the sense that its rulers lacked legitimacy, Kismayo has been in a very peculiar situation and hence entirely different than both Puntland and Somaliland! When the Court’s maneuvering caused Barre’s coalition to crack we could all see that Kismayo would at least remain in the Courts influence if not becoming under its direct rule, as it eventually did. Despite Barre supporter’s howls of defeat, for most Somalis Kismayo’s fall was a case of (to quote Abu Sufyaan) ما أمرت بها ولم تسؤني.

Now everything will depend on how the Courts approach Kismayo’s political intricacies and whether they establish an acceptable administration and once for all put that city’s never-ending tribal wrangling to rest. I think they have a good chance to just do that. What Barre, or the old man for that matter, would do is irrelevant now. For one, Barre proved to be very smart and calculating man who knows his limits when it comes to that region. He knows, when the bush comes to shove, he has to rely on someone else’s military backing for him to rule Kismayo as he did for the last eight years or so. The chance of the happening this time around is very slim now. There is always Ethiopia who would probably invest both blood and treasure to halt Court’s spread, but for Barre to accept that would risk alienation from his clannish base. Secondly, the old man is quite shaken now and would probably wait to secure foreign support before entering open conflict with the Courts. And he never, to add an element of truth to the hyped relationship between Barre and the old man, counted Kismayo in his political column anyway.

So that would give the Courts plenty of time to get things right in Kismayo. They have given signals that they would listen. So before the Courts come up with thier grand plan to maintain Kismayo with a convincing political arrangement, let gedonet folk’s sail with their propaganda dose, i say :D !

ME, I have never subscribed to the view of some here that this ICU presents a new paradigm shift. Mogadishu in my opinion was never a tough nut to crack and it was a matter of time before some clan took over. The ICU is a union of clans with some special interest groups.

However I belive they have made some major errors, and have given the TFG the support it needed from some quarters, A/Qaybdeed and now Hiiraale are just an example.

For example is Hiiraale defeate, now?

As for Xasan Turki and his rashness, the man is wanted in Ethiopia...

Its a strategic developmetn this ICU, but in the long run it makes the job of the TFG esier, be it clan threats felt at home or the ever popular 'terorisam' card abroad...

ME, we have also been here before, in 1993 in what is now Puntland and in 1996 in Gedo. Both times the rash actions of the likes of Turki and Inda Cade brought the house down.. It seems history is repeating itself but this time on a much bigger scale.

me   

General Duke,

Hear me THEY HAVE WON!!!!!!!!!! They HAVE WON.

Unless, yes there is an unless, unless you also change shirts. Go to lets say Hawd, Nugaal, Mudug and organize yourself, conquer territories under 'Somalinimo' and Wadanka ayaan mideynaynaa. Drape yourself under the Somali flag, that they are so willing to burn, oppose those wadaads with the only thing that can oppose them, SOMALINIMO. Nationalism is the kryptonite of wadaads all over the world.

kryptonite.jpg

They have played the game well; they have taken it to a higher level. I say don't despair, join them. Give the people of Gedo, Baydhabo and Puntlnad hope. Wave the Somali flag; let the Bosaso financiers support the Somalinimo project. Let the Garowe politicians organize a New Movement. Let all their propagande support it, like Shabele and HornAfrik support the ICU.

Give the people their revolution. Or the ICU will come and take Garowe, Bosaso and every other city that is not under their influence now. Change things NOW!

Puntland leadership is perceived as corrupt and that corruption is stirring the people, allot of whispers going and that will help the ICU, unless the elite in Puntland realize that and organize their own sham revolution.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Allamagan:

quote:Originally posted by me:

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhh I waited for this moment, HornAfrique and General Duke standing on the same side, having a common enemy.

By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!

107028.jpg

THE POWER IS YOURS

Yo ME!, you such funny guy sxb! hats off sxb! entertainingly good stuff!
I have not laughed so hard in my time here in SOL then I did at that fella. :D

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Ramadaan Kariim.

Thanks Paragon for bringing this one up! They also need to address the issue of their perceived clannish association by disarming Barre’s coalition remnants i.e. Seeraar, and Goobaale. Once again Courts are rushing with success, as it were, where the TFG feared to tread.

Golaha Maxaakimta Islaamiga Soomaaliyeed ee kusugan Magaalada Kismaayo oo maanta lawareegaya Hubka Haraadigii Isbaheysigii Dooxada Jubba.

Kismaayo, 27-September-06 ( Qaadisiya.com) Masuuliyiinta maxaakimta islaamiga Soomaaliyeed ee ku sugan magaalada Kismaayo ayaa la filayaa maanta in hubka ay kala wareegaan maleeshiyaadka taabacsan qaar kamid ah masuuliyiinta isbahaysigii bur buray ee dooxada Jubba ee weli ku sugan magaaladaasi,si loo soo afjaro muuqaalada hubeysan ee ka jira magaalada Kismaayo.

Sheekh Ibraahim Abu Zeynab oo ka mid ah masuuliyiinta maxaakimta islaamiga ee ku sugan magaalada Kismaayo ayaa u sheegay talafashinka Aljazeera in maxaakimta ay dhiseen guddi gaar ah oo hubka kala wareega maleeshiyaadka weli ku sugan magaalada Kismaayo, isagoo beeniyay in ay jiraan cid ka tirsan maamulkii hore oo hub ku heysanaysa magaalada Kismaayo.

Abu Zeynab waxa uu sheegay in hubka qura ee loo ogol yahay in magaalada lagu dhex wato uu noqon doono kan ku jira gacanta ciidamada maxkamada islaamiga, isagoo meesha ka saaray in la kala soocayo masuuliyiinta maamulkii bur buray ee isbahaysiga dooxada Jubba.

"Guddi gaar ah oo hubka kala wareega dhamaan maleeshiyaadka ku sugan magaalada Kismaayo, mana jiro wax kala soocid ah oo aan ku sameynayno maamulkii hore ee Dooxada Jubba, dhamaan hubka ayaa laga dhigayaa" ayuu yiri Abu Zeynab oo u warramayay talafashinka Aljazeera,isagoo ku sugan magaalada Kismaayo.

Hadalka masuulkan ka tirsan maxkamadaha ayaa soo afjaraya wararkii been abuurka ahaa ee sheegayay in maxaakimta ay kala soocayaan maamulkii bur buray ee isbahaysiga dooxada Jubba, qaar ay soo dhaweynayaan qaarna ay magaalada ka saareen.

here

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Paragon:

^^ThePoint, who said the blood of those who stand in opposition to what is good is sacred? If it means shedding blood to achieve what is best for the nation then so be it. I don't see the logic of frowning upon the wadaad's involvement in social and political matters. It is as if the term 'wadaad' was at first put in place to confine the 'wadaad' to as little as nill involvement in social affairs. That logic is no longer functional. The UIC forces must increase both power and territory for the good of all Somalis, ThePoint.

Good Lord! Now people can't stand in opposition or their blood will be shed? And who are you to determine what is 'good' and what is not? And according to you - 'so be it' with the bloodshed. That is rather easy for you to say. This is remarkable. Is it Islamic to shed another Muslim's blood simply because you claim it brings 'goodness'? Or is it the Islamic way to demonstrate your goodness in yourself and in your community and then entreat others to follow? I'm sure you know what is right and what is wrong. But what possible reason would cause this post from you - it would seem the old age reason with Somalis. And I am SURE you know what that is.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

quote:Originally posted by ThePoint:

^Adeer, waadado(sp) who continously seek power and territory? - let's just say I have suspicions about them. It seems to me - at some point if they keep going like this - it will end in bloodshed when they inevitably face resistance. And then what is to be your argument?

You have every right to have suspicions about them. Their success today doesn’t, in any way, guarantee future successes either. All I was saying was the fact that Kismayo has fallen in the wadaado’s column the way it did was a military success. I also believe it could be translated into a political one as well.

But lets see if your gloomy predictions hold. I too have my own predictions--all-be-it positive ones.
Yes - definitely agree with you about the fact that it is indeed a military and political success. No doubt about it. It is not a success in terms of their stated agenda - that of Islamniimo and Islax. That is incompatible with takeover after takeover of territory Adeer.

To me that is the litmus test - Are these guys really about Islamniimo and Islax or the usual Somali hunger for territory and power? For the past few months - apart from the good things they've done in the capital - it really has been about the expansion of territory and power. And if this continues(and as yet there is little sign that it has ended) - it will only lead to bloodshed and the complete debunking of the ICU in my eyes and most reasonable people's eyes.

We shall see - at this point - the ball is totally in the ICU's court. The TFG is a non-entity.

Paragon   

ThePoint: Good Lord! Now people can't stand in opposition or their blood will be shed?

Yes, if you stand in opposition to what is good and state your support for a Warlord, then your blood would be shed.

And who are you to determine what is 'good' and what is not? And according to you - 'so be it' with the bloodshed.

Again, after sixteen years of cheer-leading for a Warlord, if you are still insistant that I and others should join the cheering, then you are up to no good. And then so be it if your blood is shed.

That is rather easy for you to say. This is remarkable. Is it Islamic to shed another Muslim's blood simply because you claim it brings 'goodness'?

So you would rather have us support that which has no goodness in it? Compare the results of 4 months to that of 16 years. If you are still making excuses for Warlords, then you have no point in appealing to Muslim-ness or goodness. We have suffered far too long not to know what brings goodness. The Courts bring goodness.

Or is it the Islamic way to demonstrate your goodness in yourself and in your community and then entreat others to follow? I'm sure you know what is right and what is wrong. But what possible reason would cause this post from you - it would seem the old age reason with Somalis. And I am SURE you know what that is.

Yes, it is the Islamic way to demonstrate goodness in one, and that is what the Courts are doing. All Somalis are one community and liberating them means liberating us. I can see you have segregated Somaliness in your mind - a Somaliness that alienates one from the other. Exactly the sort of the Somaliness the warlord and his supporter use to divide among us. For me, others are the neighbouring countries - the non-Muslim ones. If anything, I would expect them to follow the example of Somalia if things work out. In Somalia, there is no such dichotomy of 'us' and 'them' as far as I am concerned. If there was such a thing, then I tell you, it ended with the end of the warlord's era. Get over it.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Paragon:

Yes, if you stand in opposition to what is good and state your support for a Warlord, then your blood would be shed.

Sir - you have no monopoly on goodness nor do those for whom you cheerlead. And let me educate you - you can be in opposition to a faraway group taking over your city/region etc without supporting any warlord. Your guantlet reminds me very much of one George W. Bush - You're either with us or against us(You are either for the ICU or for the warlords). Your argument above has about the same level of intellectual maturity.

Again, after sixteen years of cheer-leading for a Warlord, if you are still insistant that I and others should join the cheering, then you are up to no good. And then so be it if your blood is shed.

I do not and have never cheer-leaded for any warlord. And nor do I ask anyone to cheerlead for any warlord. But I do find it extraordinary that anyone claiming any shred of Muslim-ness should wish for the domination and takeover of other Muslims through military means.

And I also love the casualness with which you dismiss other people's humanity and pronounce that the shedding of their blood is legitimate. I suspect you know the Islamic rules on that. And even if you didn't, simply human decency dictates that one does not simply kill those who oppose one. But somehow that escapes you - and saddest of all - it escapes you with regard to your own people.

So you would rather have us support that which has no goodness in it? Compare the results of 4 months to that of 16 years. If you are still making excuses for Warlords, then you have no point in appealing to Muslim-ness or goodness. We have suffered far too long not to know what brings goodness. The Courts bring goodness.

I don't ask you to support anything. I simply ask you to uphold Islamic principles and common human decency. See paragraph above for further details. I also don't make excuses for anyone - I simply ask the courts to enact their stated agenda of Islamniimo and Islax. So far they've seemed to concentrate on expanding territory and power. Sorta undermines their stated agenda no?

Yes, it is the Islamic way to demonstrate goodness in one, and that is what the Courts are doing. All Somalis are one community and liberating them means liberating us. I can see you have segregated Somaliness in your mind - a Somaliness that alienates one from the other. Exactly the sort of the Somaliness the warlord and his supporter use to divide among us. For me, others are the neighbouring countries - the non-Muslim ones. If anything, I would expect them to follow the example of Somalia if things work out. In Somalia, there is no such dichotomy of 'us' and 'them' as far as I am concerned. If there was such a thing, then I tell you, it ended with the end of the warlord's era. Get over it.

If people did not ask for their liberation and some are protesting and demonstrating - it really calls into the question the liberation to begin with. Nor have the ICU demonstrated much evidence of goodness apart from their pacfication of Mogadishu. They have seemed to concentrate on other things.

I have not segregated Somaliness for anyone nor have you shown any proof of that - you've simply thrown out yet another accusation. It is clear that Somalis have lingering clan divisions - that is a reality that must be dealt with. I suspect if Abduallahi Yusuf suddenly claimed he was reformed and had become a reborn Muslim - you would not welcome him with open arms. As I suspect many of his kinsmen would not.

The point of this is that real change comes from within and must be determined by the community that is being held back. Just like in Mogadishu. The broader community in that city defeated the warlords and chose(hopefully) a better future for their city. Those who brought about that potentially better future in Mogadishu have no right to impose it on others - they can only demonstrate it concretely and invite others to it.

I don't ask you to support anything. I simply ask you to uphold Islamic principles and common human decency. See paragraph above for further details. I also don't make excuses for anyone - I simply ask the courts to enact their stated agenda of Islamniimo and Islax. So far they've seemed to concentrate on expanding territory and power. Sorta undermines their stated agenda no?

You have a poimt there. Islamic rule is the future of Somalia insha Allah.

The point here is the fear one has of clan domination, by the very people who yesterday were all for clan domination and who even invented the 4.5 formula.

ME, no one has won, it seems we have all lost.