Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Macallin Me Miskiin xiin; a discusson on alshabaab

me   

Norf,

Your questions are understandable since you have not even thought about the problem before you started waving the sharifite flag. In due time all will be clear for you. In the mean time you are expected on the Somali Empire thread.

Abtigiis   

Honestly, Xinn's posturing here is a bit hypocratical. He was the one who was so fond of a peace caravan which will deliver all the goodies once the Sharif comes onboard. He was sure the Sharif can bring those who are fighting him today to his fold, with some unprecedented charisma and acumenship. This has not happend.

Xinn should, therefore, not boast about his past comments. But what he saying here is quite right. The Alshaba are the central problem of Somalia today. I also agree with him that two years ago, they may not have been the sole spoliers.

However, that should not blind anyone from the poor leaderhsip of Sheikh Sharif and his poor judgements since he came to power. He has made quite a number of blunders. I personally think that Sharif or no Sharif, the government in power needs to be supported and is the only hope. I know some others (not sharif) would have delivered better, but I will be unfair if I think he should have done a miracle in such a short period.

What Somalia needs today is to come togather and fight hard to obliterate the Alshabab. To do so, they don't have to call for armies from Kenya or Ethiopia. That will be counter-productive. They can seek miliary assistance but the men who are going to face the Alshabab must be Somali's. And I think with the right resources, there is no shortage of them.

For ME and those who are cheering for Alshabab just because Sharif is disappointing, it is time they look at what options they have and make a decision. Do you want the return of Somalia as a nation (with a lot of flows) or do you want a 17 century-like Southern Somalia state where the only news will be amputaions, bombings and anarchy. The choice is yours.

And to the extent you are enjoying hot meals from McDonalds and Steers in a white land, it will be very cruel if you choose the latter for the not-so-lucky back at home.

On the question of what has changed from the last two years, if you are not in denial, a lot has changed. Ethiopia has left, a better government (with responsible albeit ineffective leadership) is in place and crucially most somali's are eager to accept any form of stable governance. This much has changed.

A lasting solution is what is needed in the country. Can the current cock-up bring that about? We all know the answer is a resounding NO.

Al Shabab are not without their fair share of shortcomings, but the fact is they're the closest thing Somalis have to a lasting solution.

Meiji   

Meesha dagaal lagu hoobtay ba ka socdo!

To make the current debate larger than Me and Xiin, lets call it Alshabab-Xisbi Islam vs TFG-2

I would invite Kashafa and the other die-hard Alshabab chearleaders to explain to us the policies of Alshabab and their agenda for Somalia. That is if they have a comprehensive plan for the nation instead of Propaganda displays

As for the TFG camp,

How do you perceive the below key facts about the entity you support? Do you consider those key facts as necessary evil that needs to be supported to reinstate a Somali nation?

If so, wouldn't that mean that the very foundation of the future Somali nation will be based on a shaky arrangement that is heavily influenced and controlled by foreign powers. Lastly, isn't the arrangment itself not far removed from the reality on the ground in Somalia?

On the TFG

We can all agree on the fact that the TFG is a foreign-created regime in which foreign powers have a major stake in it, control over it and which for its own survival depends on the resources and power of foreign actors.

Secondly, we can all agree on the fact that half if not the whole TFG is composed of warlords, political pretenders and ignorant old men who have not what it takes to withstand the demands of the foreign powers and their agenda for Somalia.

Lastly, we can all agree on the fact that the clan quota system is an unnatural and artificial mechanism for maintaining the clan divisions in Somalia and that such a basis for government is not in the best interest of Somalia.

The above key facts are all known about the TFG and it makes it easy for people to denounce the entity as a faction that is not in the interest of the nation.

http://www.somaliaon line.com/ubb/ultimat ebb.php?/topic/9/192 55/3

Juje   

Originally posted by General Duke:

The Sharif we gave a chance to but he has failed miserable and has so far highlighted that he should not even speak about Somalia led alone lead.

Ngonge:

I choose to focus on Sh. Sharif because I am SHOCKED by his actions and believe him to be no better than those he used to look down on.

I threaded the day these two guys will share the same point of view. Though am slightly relieved at the moment by the two utter different background of their opposition.

NGONGE   

^^ I hear Hirale is to be the new defence minster! Any truth to this rumour?

War ka Sharif ka hadh. Come and sit on our fence, saaxib.

Juje   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

War ka Sharif ka hadh. Come and sit on our fence, saaxib.

Am right in the core sxb - no way out for me. Besides I have hope that this caravan will work by the end of the day.

Don't worry I will fetch you from the other - side once their ship starts sinking, you are my friend after all

Kashafa   

What is at stake here today is the credibility of the Sharifite camp of SOL. Just as the secessionist supporters, the pirate boys, the TFG supporters and other Ethio sympathizers have bitten the dust. The day has come that the Sharifites of SOL are held accountable for their views.

No stone will be left unturned. No quarter will be given. No surrender will be accepted

Ku joog joog'so, abti, until ii dhiig matagaan. Show them no mercy. They are intellectually bankrupt just as they are militarily defeated. Notice how Norf is running away from being held accountable on the other thread. "sue me" kulahaa, lol. Waraa Norf, hadaa wax isku haynin, marka hore maxaa kaa hathalsiiyay.

Hadee iska aamo :D

They know they are bankrupt. They know they are defeated. They see the writing on the walls of history and it says: Red death beckons for every wretched traitor and every foriegn-sponsored stooge. Hence the qaylo-dhaan and baroor-diiq for Ethiopia, Uganda, and Israel. Their tortured arguements, devoid of any tangible specifics, reflects the utter failure of the Ja'Booty farce and the so-called 'peace caravan'. A 'peace caravan' that is led and officiated by the worst killers, rapists, and war criminals Somalia has ever seen. The grim irony, of course, is wasted on our resident peacenik qowleysata.

Abtiyaal, there can be no peace between dogs and Lions. Lions are naturally majestic, born to rule, endowed by their Creator with the gifts of leadership, strength, and vision. Waa Ahlul Karam wal Majd. As for the kilaab Al-UN and kilaab al-xabasha, they will be tamed and domesticated through the generous use of the whip.

Wax kale lago hadlo meesha ma taalo. Cabdullahi Amxaar iyo Doqon Gheedi sida loo karbaashaayay, Sanca iyo Nairobi bay qaxooti ku kala joogan. Sharif iyo Sharmaake'na will be treated no different.

Meeji,

I have explained the Islamist vision for Somalia using the example of Kismaayo as microcosm. The Kismaayo Islamist model has since been exported to places as far flung apart as Baardheer, Baidoba, Buulabarde, and Banaadir. The result has been a runaway success that has earned the admiration of friends and the envy of foes. Success so noticeable, that it has won the endorsment of a Harvard-educated executive editor, prompting him to write a op-ed that all but calls for Al-Shabaab to govern ALL of East Africa.

But no,no, no, no. Al-Shabaab are very very very baddie bad bad people because Meeji says so. Because Xiin says so. Because a f'ing scholar-for-dollar says so. Because a two-bit newly-ilbax Flight 13 oo labo kilmo ingriis bartay, who is consumed by cuqdad and bitterness says so. Because a brainwashed punk oo laga dhaa'dacsiiyay 'democracy' oo "Antarnashanal Kaamoonity" halqabsi ka dhigtay says so.

Lol, and I'm supposed to actually reason or negotiate with xoolahaas oo qashin-qob'ka of dhulinimo laga soo qufay ? (I hope my scorn and contempt for the peaceniks is coming across clearly.)

I have no time for nacnac that serves no purpose besides nitpicking and fingerpointing. I'm a big-picture man, abti. I'm a businessman, abti. I'm all about tangible results. I'm all about living in caynul waaqic. And in the big picture, in the bottom line of business, the Sons of Somalia are producing results and turning a profit for the Somali shacab stakeholders, while every other sore loser screams from the bench of defeat: "Alaaayaaaay, naga soo garaa. Antarnashanal Kaamonity, we need your missiles, your helicopters, and your tanks to crush the ferocious Shabaab giants, and in the process, if another 20,000 Somalis are massacred, it's all good, Cabdullahi Yuusuf did it in, now it's our turn. We even have 'theological legitimacy' from Holy Scholars who gave us Holy Fatwas that allow us to seek magan from Kufaar."

Saas hanoo ahaato. You scream; we move Somalia forward. You wail; we provide swift and unforgiving justice for the oppressed masses of Somalia. You wave the terrorist card; and we liberate even more towns. You seek help from Ethiopia, Uganda, and Israel; we say Xasbunallah wa nicmal wakeel( fanqabloo bi nicmatin minallahi wa fadl, lam yamsas'hum soo', watabacoo ridwaanallah)

Can you dig that ? I can dig that, abti. I can dig that for real.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ I hear Hirale is to be the new defence minster! Any truth to this rumour?

Looooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo oooL

I never saw as the one that will keep his ear to the ground to see any tremors coming.

Recycled comes to mind when looking at the Sharif admin.

N.O.R.F   

So much for discussion!

I still have hope that Fabregas will come through with some sort of substance to his AS support.

Meiji   

Kashafa,

Stop the rapping and chearleading and just elaborate on this Kismaanyo ''Islamist model''.

Dont become intellectually bankrupt and rely on silly rethorics to justify your support. Use your brains and explain us the key aspects of Alshabab's program for Somalia.

Abtigiis   

We have lost Kashafa. He is following in the path of anarchy and bravado. It seems reason has deserted him. Or, perhaps he knows the futility of what he is supporting, but feels too timid to admit his mistakes and to back down. Anyway, allaw nin ma ahaa waagu qumanaa!