Sign in to follow this  
Sharif_seylaci

SH HASSAN DAAHIR AWEYS MADE FRIENDS WITH SOMALILAND

Somalia's Islamists to compensate the secessionist government of Somaliland

Mogadishu 19, Nov.06: Somalia's Northern provinces that broke away from the rest of Somalia and dubbed themselves "Somaliland" have once again surfaced to main agenda of the Union of Islamic Courts that entirely puts a question over their secession.

Following the fall of former military government led by late president Mohammed Siad Barre, politicians, scholars and the foresighted of northern provinces came to a decision of breaking away from Somalia and become a full independent sate of Somaliland on 18 May 1991, but failed to achieve the UN and international recognition.

Somalia's Union of Islamic, which is now in control of most central and southern provinces of the country, including the capital Mogadishu, has revealed it would apologize to population of Somaliland for any ordeal inflicted on them by former military regime that collapsed in 1991.

In an interview with Islamic Courts consultative leader Hassan Dahir Aweys by Shabelle Radio Aweys said, "We sympathize with our fellow citizens in northern provinces and we promise we will compensate them in the right time for the destructions of their livelihood and the loss of lives they had faced during former military government that oppressed Somali people in general", Aweys said.

Aweys reiterated an apology to the people of Somaliland; influencing them to unite once again with the rest of Somalia.

Islamic Courts have also revealed they intend to engage in peaceful dialog with the administrators of Somaliland to talk about the general interest and a common future for Somalia.

Somalia's Islamists took control of the capital Mogadishu early June, evicting warlords from the capital after deadly battle in which hundreds of the civilian population lost their lives.

"It is time that all Somalis everywhere they live to be unified against their enemies desperately wanting to split Somalia up and engender animosity among us", Aweys said.

This is the first the Islamic Courts have pronounced their intention of uniting whole Somalia by trying to persuade Somaliland to unite with southern parts of Somalia that was in tribal feuds and racial wars for the past 15 years.

Shabelle Media Network Somalia

Gabbal   

In an interview with Islamic Courts consultative leader Hassan Dahir Aweys by Shabelle Radio Aweys said, "We sympathize with our fellow citizens in northern provinces and we promise we will compensate them in the right time for the destructions of their livelihood and the loss of lives they had faced during former military government that oppressed Somali people in general", Aweys said.

Was Hassan Dahir Aweys not a military member of that military government?

king_450   

The enemy i had and still have are within me,calling themself somalis. No apology accepted.Untill i see all those who brutalized Hargeisa and looted ,killed put to death.

Our former dictator has left a nasty taste in all of our mouths, hasn’t he?

Could some people leave some certain things to the ONE Above?

The people of Hargesia weren’t the only ones terrorized by the Said barre regime. That revolting excuse to hate other tribes and not unite with the rest of Somalia is getting old and scandalous.

Juje   

Originally posted by king_450:

The enemy i had and still have are within me,calling themself somalis. No apology accepted.Untill i see all those who brutalized Hargeisa and looted ,killed put to death.

How can you say that, when you have made one of them as your President, Riyaale.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Northerner:

HA,

Is he not towing the same line as you and others used to? Ie unity, Somalinimo etc?

Northerner,

With all due respect sxb, HornAfrique was not a member of Siad Barre's government and especially not a military member that might have had a direct hand in carrying out the policies of the state. What Hassan Dahir Aweys is doing is thoroughly dishonest and even despicable. I truly believe that is the reason Somalia has still not settled and all our people are divided, not just Somaliland from Somalia.

If Hassan Dahir Aweys was coming from a more noble position, I believe he should have also apologized for being a member of that government and having a direct hand in whatever takes place in a dictatorship as a prison warden and a former colonel in the armed forces of the late administration.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Sharif_seylaci:

Okay..now I'm confused with these catz!.

Who said Somaliland wants to be compensated? 150,00 people were killed mostly civilians with no particular reason. I don’t think any one including these red bearded so called wadaads can replace that huge prize. Somaliland people are determined NOT to repeat history. What is done is done…let’s move on.

There is no somaliland ,yet.There are casualties in war,that doesn't mean the rules of combat and relations can be changed.What are ur reasons of declaring the northern provinces independent than the old government's war against the SNA?Those are not reasons,they are excuses and they are not even Good.The 'lets move on',is a good advice,and will only be a good one,when the idea of Secessionism is uprooted.

Temujin   

150,00 people were killed

This number is increasing everyday wallahi. I remember writing the same reply not long ago about someone exaggerating the number of people killed in 1988 battles between the SNM, their supporters and the SNA north. However the number was a lot less then. I predict within the next few months, this number will be increased to a million.

We don't want any compensation, on the contrary, we're ready to pay to join the ICU forces in liberating our brothers still under colonization and our occupied land in Galbeed before its exploitation/destruction by our ennemies.

Who said Riyaale's clique has any legitimacy to speak for Woqooyi Galbeed to begin with?

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Temujin:

quote:
150,00 people were killed

This number is increasing everyday wallahi. I remember writing the same reply not long ago about someone exaggerating the number of people killed in 1988 battles between the SNM, their supporters and the SNA north. However the number was a lot less then. I predict within the next few months, this number will be increased to a million.
Okay it was ONE person. Does that make any difference? Human life was lost for no reason!...that is the point.

RedSea   

^whether it has been exagerated or not has no significant meaning at the moment.What happened happened,let us just leave at that.because I don' see what is the outcome of proofing that numbers were exagerated or otherwise.