Sign in to follow this  
Koora-Tuunshe

PUNTLAND: Electoral Platform for Gen. Abdullahi Jama Ahmed

^^^With LA and Buuhodle gone, and Sanaag already halved, the leak from the H tent's current hole will be widened by Cadde's return, and eventually cause PL to crumble. You can always have a puppet vp, but it wont be credible adeer! Only fools can argue for sustaining PL as it’s today. A change is needed adeer, and if it does not come, the sky will not fall but the political arrangement will be ended.

Work with me to install some one other than Cadde…if you are concern.

Not withstanding that we all want change and things must change. I don’t buy into the argument that Puntland would be undone if Cade became president again or if someone as some put it from the trinity, or even the quartet became President.

Puntland has paid a huge price in man and material since the rise of the TFG. This has created a security vacuum, however this can be overcome. There is no real alternative option to Puntland as a strong state within the republic for these clans.

As for supporting some one else, I am always up for challenges. I like Gen Abdullahi A Jama not because of his clan but his experience and the way he has so far presented his arguments.

I also have others to consider, but lets not throw the baby with the bathwater when we are talking about the incumbent.

^^nice sidestep there...but the ultimate question would be whose PL are you preserving with the return of Cadde Muse adeer? That's rhetorical question?

People of that region, i believe, will outlast this political arrangement, and their political fate is not necessarily tied with this silly name. Also lets hope Somalia comes back soon. I would leave it at there.

^^^That silly name? Adeer lets agree to disagree, Puntland is here to stay and as for Cade returning, it will not change a thing, if he gets elected, we must support.

^^No body wishes PL to go away. And that we disagree is/was not in question Duke, what is in question is whether you even understand the grave situation PL is in, the region you supposedly support. Cadde and old man has already changed a lot, a lot of things if you didn't realize it already. They changed the region in particular and somalia in general to the worse.

Waxay bi'iyeen baan rabnaa inaan islaaxino adeer!

Maxaad ii keentay awoowe, you talk about PL elections and Cadde's return as though PL is Norway or Sweden whilst the reality suggest to a primitive state whose fragile political arregment is crumbling as we speak...

Xiin, adeer lets not saddle that horse again saxib. Puntland does not exist in a vacume, whats happening in Somalia effects it.

The point of contention was the idea if Cade returned that Puntland will seize to exist or crumble,. I hold an opposite point, while Cade is not my candidate. I prefer him to any fake clan Shiekh who’s only experience of administration is sending children to war and occupying other peoples farms.

Thus don’t presume you have a cure a panacea for the state. Specially when you call its very name “silly”.

All states go through transitions, Puntland is going through some tough ones. Specillly when most of our troops are in the south facing the clan “jihadis’”

Duke and Xiin, we all agree that Puntland needs a major overhaul in its structure under Ade’s leadership. Major Cabdillahi understands that he is taken a difficult a mission that not only intends to accomplish a radical change in Puntland but also the rest of Somalia. I say this because he wants to set an example similar to the one set by Ade’s predecessor, the current president of Somalia. If he wins the election, we will witness to see the beginning of a big change in our political relations and the future of Puntland in terms of foreign direct investment, restoring its atmosphere of peace and security and provision of the much-needed public services through the proper management of its sources of income. If he doesn't win, he will still have Somalia and his presence there would have a major impact on the enhancement of peace and of nation building. Puntland will still exist and be part of Federal Somalia.

A great deal of Puntlanders as well as Somaliwayn consider him as a capable leader and he has enjoyed overwhelming support for his campaign to become the future president of Puntland. It is the first time I have felt the diplomatic leverage he can exert not only on the domestic affairs of Puntland but also our neighbors and their hostile posture. So he, in my view, poses the current administration a hostile takeover bid due to its bad leadership and performance.

Originally posted by [dhulQarnayn:

Once again great platform, but where is the meat? IMHO, Soldierboy here, is practically unknown in Somali politics. However; I do commend him for been an upright gentleman in that he is not a known bandit like the rest of the soldiers that served in Somalia's former military or maybe he is; I just dont know.

What I do know is that Puntland needs an intellectually credible head. But nobody could argue that Gen. Abdullahi Jama Ahmed is the best-qualified candidate in the world by his military experience, intellect or training alone. His insistence that puntland needs a "radical change" without letting us know the sort of experience he brings to the table in this regard, shows this. Puntland requires serious reforms. He seems to be running for president of Puntland, a job currently occupied by a moron General, solely on the grounds that he too is also a General.

Yet even if Mr Abdullahi Jama Ahmed were the ideal candidate, I doubt he's got the political shrewdness needed to build alliances and support to overcome the corrupt method of presidential selection used by Puntland's so called elders in the parliament.

I also do not understand why he feels it important to stump through diaspora communities, as if they could somehow wave their collective magic wand and get him installed in Garowe. Unless ofcourse the refugee communities will help him raise tonnes of monies to bribe our honourable elders(it's All about the Benjamins baby).

Being politicaly savvy would also help. So good luck Mr General.

Well put Dhulqarnayn as always. :D @ Benjamins baby

Som@li   

Horta Puntland ninkan Caade Usseey wax ka liita ma soo marin, laakin runta marka laga hadlo, dhibka haysta Puntland oo dhan Cadde kama masuul ah, Biyo ka badan waa ku hafiyaan, Cade hadaad xusuusataan qaabkuu u hadlaayey waagi la doortay, aad buu dadka niyadooda u soo keciyey, oo rajo ku beeray, laakin hadal afka baarkiisa ah uun bay noqotay.

War meesha waxa isagu tegay jiri, Armaaba Cade loogu qaatey, hadii rajo laga rabo Puntland isbedel aad ah bay rabtaa, Maxaad ka malayn meel madaxwaydnii dadkii oo gaajo u bakhtiya uu multi million “real state” ah uu kaga galay RAK ,UAE, Maxaad ka malayn meel dadkii na ay sabuulnimo la dhimanayaan, isagiina 7 star hotel oo months iska dhex jiro,Markaa waxaan aaminsahay hadaan la bedelin wax badan oo ah jirida ag fadhida Cadde ,waxba qabsoomi maayaan, Meel Madaxwayne, wasiir, ilaa askari ay kuwada fekeri, sidii wax u dhacdaa, Kan la doortoo danbe ama ha noqdo Cadde ama cid kale wax saas ah oo buuran ma bedeli karaan, Puntland needs a big change , with not only the president but masuuyiinta intoooda badan.

Tan Gen Abdullahi, waxaan oranlahaa yuu isku wareerin Puntland, Maakhir needs him smile.gif

changing puntland will not happen with the change of president. it will happen when the people have elected parliament that is accountable only to them and not clan loyalties or money from people running for president. along with this should be strong local governors and mayors and city or town councils. the most important resource of any state or region is it's people, we need a regional government that puts rising living standards above any thing and the democratization of state institutions. Many people say they want development but don't they understand thats with empowering you citizens?

I do not know if any of you have read an earlier post of mine entitled: "A Rock and a Hard Place- An Alternative Vision for Somalia", in which I basically make the arguement that all Somalis need to work towards federalism and build Somalia from the grassroots.

Dabshid is right; Maakhir needs General Abdulahi. Therefore, I'd like to propose to the good General(if he is wise), to implement his noble platform on Maakhir. Afterall, what sorta progress can he want for Puntland that Maakhir does not deserve?

Nin waliba haduu dhisan lahaa tuuladii uu ku dhashay- jaqjaqda Soomaliyeed wee yaraan laheyd.

I hope all Maakhiris build their homeland and damn the rest of Somalia.

changing puntland will not happen with the change of president. it will happen when the people have elected parliament that is accountable only to them and not clan loyalties or money from people running for president. along with this should be strong local governors and mayors and city or town councils. the most important resource of any state or region is it's people, we need a regional government that puts rising living standards above any thing and the democratization of state institutions. Many people say they want development but don't they understand thats with empowering you citizens?

100% truth, thats the future. An elected assembly. However we are moving in a transition. And Puntland aint going anywhere lads. ;)