Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

A SOL Starbuck

If you are interested in Somali politics this is where you should come.

Assemply 1.

======

Xiin ---shaah

NGONGE---cappuccino

Baashi –coffee latte

Toure---plain water

Assembly 2

=======

Bishaaro (Nephys)---waxba

Malika—latte

Emperor---latte

Ilma Geeljire (all them three)---sipping grande lattes

Assemply 3

========

G Duke

Northern –iced latte

Jammal 11 --shaah

The man with the extra balls (Labo X)—waxba

Assemply 4

========

Kashafa---small latte, tall shaah, and a bottle of water

Caucus of the day

Jabbuuti conference.

Assemply 1’s take.

We don’t know if it’s going to work. But the fact both sides accepted to the idea of meeting to resolve the Somali problem is a step in the right direction. We see some momentum and political dynamic that was not perceivable few months ago. We hope they make a progress toward peace…Somalis are desperate to have closure of their conflict.

Assemply 2’s take.

=============

We don’t know what the Jabbuuti conference means. We just want peace. But we also would like to see warlords be punished for they have done and still doing to the Somali people. We hate the Ethiopians. We think this conference is intended to benefit Ethiopians and tfg. alshabaabs are not included, so this conference is meaningless.

Assemply 3’s take.

=============

Norhtern; timetable, timetable, I say timetable first.

G Duke; no timetable. The tfg is making progress, the clowns have two choices either come onboard and accept my uncle as a president, or we will smoke you out of your little Bakara holes you hide. A qasim is bad. He’s clannish soul. I don’t like him. Actually my uncle told me after Jabbuuti conference he ‘s going to put A Qasim in prison.

Jammaal 11—I agree with Northern. But I also would to see old man’s head chopped off. Jabbuuti conference is an appeasement. It does not sound right to me.

Labo X. alshabaab , alshabaab. Waxaad rabtiin sheego as long alshabaab are there fighting I have no worries…

Assemply 4

========

D.A.B.O.DH.I.L.I.F.

ps..ciidan FB hoggaaminayyo oo uu Juje ku jiro aa soo galay. Horn iyo asxaabtiisa are also onthier way to this coucus..

Emperor   

Hahaha this is one good humour-ground of Somali politiking, nice one, and latte it is for me, laakiin waa maxay gabdha Latte aad igu siisay, Fanta qaado Malika instead...

If I shortly analyze it, first I don't understand the statement you wrote under each asemply group, do you meant that the outcome of their meeting? In other words the conclusion, if that is the case:-

Asemply 1:

Good bunch of people, mostly not reliable and have no clear position apart from the obvious, seeing peaceful Somalia. NG is one big party spoiler, in the end they would agree for the heck of supressing any disagreement, so the end result of Asemply1 is predictable and fairly captured the outcome, perfomed very poor...

Assemply 2:

Girls and blockes meet to talk about politics, I suspect any political talking would happen in most of the time, Geeljirayaasha xagga iga gee horta gabdhahana labada dhinac iga fariisi, since most of the discussion will not be about politics and the manly men of the group will have hard time to double concentrate or multi-task, in the end it had to go to the girls way :D . I would also say your conclusion fairly captures the end result of this group. However, I rate this group to be the best perfomers, girls winning the political argument and the blokes got the other thing... Maxa la oran jiray dee, Digits and dates :D

Asemply 3:

In the footballing world, this is what you call the group of death, every1 is firing his firearm with no regard whatsoever, running his campaign even if they lost, pretty captures the image of Hillary Clinton, never conceade and no turning back, even if you are wrong and the whole world knows it, even if the numbers are mathematically illogical to win anything... You pretty much fairly capture the end result of this group too... they have all perfomed excellent in their own unique means, each winning the argument :D

Asemply 4:

Bwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa, One man on his own, lOoooooooooooool... I can see him running the shaw all by himself looool

You should have added A&T to your list and put him on his own much like Kashafa, asagoo khudbad khushuucsan isku jeedinaayo :D

Nephissa   

:mad: @ Xiin. Not even warm water for me?

You're very wrong about Empr. Put him where he belongs..*hint* [Emperor - I agree with Duke.]

:D @ Xiin

reer geelay waa isku kayn jimcaysay i see ... aniga & brofessor/abu geeljire waa gartay who is the third member of the family ?

here is my take SOLers in the politics section:

you put emperor in the correct group even though i believe he is completely misguided and on the wrong side of the fence, still he is one of the more reasonable tfg supporters if there are any.

I see my man Kashafa is in a class of his own .. i have to agree with that one ... but A&T should be up there with him both of have completely different yet great writing styles.

Northern & xiin & baashi are peace loving old men .. belong in the same group.

Ngoge,me (SOLer not the pronoun) & ocossianally Che are devils advocate deserves their own class as well.

broffessor/abu geeljire , LX , Abu salman my favourite commentators this group weed out some of the BS that masquerades as politics .. sometimes we dont agree.. but im with them 99% of the time

Naxar , Koore, pride ... good debaters but very lousy arguments ... and yeah they are wrong 99% of the time :D

Duke & JB (how could you miss this one): top spammers both post completely delusional stories about SL,TFG respectively .. i think they are trying to out-spam each other.

The ladies:

Lios lane , Malika belong in the same group.. peace loving sisters .. great comments.

Nephy,KK both on opposite sides of the fence (politically) but both funny as hell !

Layzie G a female version of Kashafa a separate class as well.

ps: great thread Xiin :D

Fabregas   

Caajib, ninyahow! How comes Bisharo doesn't even get a cup of water in this male dominated caf? And Malika, well I think she might be scared by the odayaal staring @ her. :D Oh yeah, and, Geel-Jires(who is this 3rd geeljire) drink nothing but good old Shah! Wa maxay Latte iyo waxad shagaysid? :D ps. we don't hate Ethiopia, I have ethiopian friends xita :D

Abtigiis   

Emperor

aniga meeshaan ku jiro Dab**********f iima sheegayo. walaalayaal waxaan idin lee yahay....(qudbad) :D:D

Xabashi wadankeedii ha ku noqoto misanthrope miyaa??

N.O.R.F   

I welcome any peace conference but an assembly of the realists is where I belong ya Xiin. We say how we think things may pan out based on FACTS, historical trends (Somali peace confrences), the characteristics of the people/entities taking part, what their interests are etc etc. We could be totally wrong and a positive solution could come about tomorrow! That would a bonus we would welcome with open arms. Until then, critique on the current meeting or any peace offering should not be taken as hoping for the worst. Informed pesimism maybe.

Nephissa   

GJ: You're dead wrong. How can you categorize me like that? You're making wild inferences that I'm some funny qabiil cheerleader cow, who only loools with no opinion @ all. I don't try to be funny [while here in the politics], some subjects have no place for humour, addeer. You of all people shoulda known I'm a pro peace. I believe each one of us have had enough of war and destruction and want peace. Where the SOLers differ is under what conditions should that peace be achieved.

Uncategorize me now!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

Thank God ,, i'm not there ,,
:D

Your the kid next door by himself with a koob qadhad qaxwe and dudaya!Sida Somaliland et al :D

STOIC   

Most surprising about Somalis and coffee shops is the class distribution of those who go to starbucks and those who sit outside dunkin donuts. Whatever the ultimate explanation, I have observed Somalis and coffee shops in North America. I was in Alexandria Virginia few weeks ago. There is a starbuck there where former Somali government officials hang out. They are a bit classy than the ones I have seen in Minneapolis Starbuck. One of my friends had this conspiracy that the ones in Virginia are the former Somali “elites” reminiscing about good all days with a cup of Cappuccino. I tried to eavesdrop on the former “elites” while I was in line waiting for my turn to be served. I gleaned arrogance and self-righteous attitude in them. I guess the dehumanizing process of a political refugee took a toll on them.

The dunkin donut crew (including the Minneapolis starbuck crew) are happy and a bit loud mouth people. You will see them mostly in the Southern cities in places like Nashville and Atlanta. The daily political life of Somalia became a way of life for them, perpetuated by online news websites daily dose. You might think one entire battalion of army was about to take off and join the war in Somalia. :D

Malika   

LOL..Waryaaren,you all paint me as this hippy lady who sings "kumbaya my lord" with daisy chain on my hair,wearing a pink flowing dress.. :D

Emperor,you better take that fanta back,you will be wearing it.. :mad: icon_razz.gif

Geel-jire,LOL@being scared,actually I tend to enjoy Old men's company..You should see me in our meetings,I sit with 15 old men in our board of governors of our Somali Community and I usually have a blast.. :cool:

ps.xiin,I would like a big mug of shaax,bigeeys aa! smile.gif

Originally posted by Nephthys:

GJ: You're dead wrong. How can you categorize me like that? You're making wild inferences that I'm some funny qabiil cheerleader cow, who only loools with no opinion @ all. I don't try to be funny [while here in the politics], some subjects have no place for humour, addeer. You of all people shoulda known I'm a pro peace. I believe each one of us have had enough of war and destruction and want peace. Where the SOLers differ is under what conditions should that peace be achieved.

Uncategorize me now!

Nephy qalad ayaad fahantay my categorization .. misunderstanding wuxuu ka dhashay most likely cuz i separated rag & dumar .. but honestly i count u in the no BS team of Abu geeljire , abu salman , LX ... with some LOLs thrown in :D

Malika i dont mean tree hugging , skipping, dancing in the rain (hindi style) peace lovers ... ppl forgive my lack of vocabularly but writing is not my strong point icon_razz.gif

Thierry.   

Nice description of the politics in this forum.

I like Assembly 3 it is the one that keeps the ratings in this section up

Kool_Kat   

Assembly 2

=======

Bishaaro (Nephys)---waxba

Malika—latte

Emperor---latte

Ilma Geeljire (all them three)---sipping grande lattes

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@waxba...Mayee habii...

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

quote:Originally posted by Nephthys:

Uncategorize me now!

Nephy qalad ayaad fahantay my categorization .. misunderstanding wuxuu ka dhashay most likely cuz i separated rag & dumar .. but honestly i count u in the no BS team of Abu geeljire , abu salman , LX ... with some LOLs thrown in
:D

Ar Geel_Jiroow maskiin sanidaa...Yaan laguu been guurin...Certain people would be head over heels to be mentioned on the same list as others (such as moi) ;) ...This is their way of thanking you...Xiin has summed it up, ee waa waxnee ha'u bixin yaa Geel_Jire...

Now, I should be the one suing your behind for mentioning me in the same category as some iskudiraaleyaal who put their noses where it doesn't belong and would do anything to get an ounce of attention (such as the above)...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...I'll have you know though that I have filed the necessary papers and you should be summoned pretty soon... icon_razz.gif Sharaftii baa dhulka iga dhigtay, tol ba'ayeey...

Oh BTW, some are just funny by nature (ie KK); and some try too hard to be funny to suite others or fit in... ;)

PS, it is said 'laughter is the best medicine'...Some should try it...Not force it, but just try it...Even in the politics section... :D