Sign in to follow this  
ansaar17

ICU has stinger missles???????

This is a shoulder-launched surface-to-air-missile which uses Infrared homing as it's guidance system (heat-seeker). It's without doubt a soviet era stinger from the Strela family. To be more specific it's an 'Igla', a short-range-man-portable air defence missile that commenced development in 1971 and came into service in -81 by the soviet army. I believe that the one feautured in the picture above is of the SA-18 model but it could be an older version of the SA-16. The system has an improved lethality in that it maneuvers to target the fuselage rather than other body parts of the aircraft. It can reach targets from a maximum of 5,2 km. The unit cost for an Igla is $60-80K making it a widely traded weapon in the illegal arms industry.

sa1804.jpg

igla.jpg

On a personal note I believe it was utterly cowardly to use a stinger on a cargo aircraft. Next time around were gonna see Dallo Airlines go down and someones grandmothers stomach will be be splattered all around the neighbourhood.

RedSea   

Daalo Airlines serves the people.

do you have any idea what that so called Cargo plane was carrying?

^^ Most probably it was empty besides the 11 belarusian men on board when it got hit, as it had just off-loaded it's shipment which consisted of food, medical supplies, tools to repair the previous aircraft and some military weaponry to the AU forces.

RedSea   

Iska hadlow ina igare. Bariis miyay qaybinaysay? waa maya, maxay kalay waday, sooma hub iyo waxkale oo lagu caawinayo cadawga maahan?

Those weapons will be used to harm the somali civilians in Xamar, therefore, the shooting down of such plane is justified.

RedSea   

maxay kaaga taala laakin, sootaa iyadoo shidan dhulka lasoo dhigay. Waxay doonta hawadee, waa lug kudhaaftay, aad iyo aad ayaan ugu raaxaysaa warkaa isaga ah, thanks to the stinger, that baby was lit up.

In couple days waxba kuma qaadi kartid, naftaada waxba ha ubeen sheegin, xabashi la'aanteed waxba ma tihid waa la ogsoonyey.

looks like they have this weapon but i doubt they know how to use it ,, or is difficult for them to use it ,,,,,, since the war started and they used it twice only ??? why ??? ,,,, and A/Y and Geeddi are both using the Mogadishu airport for their movements ,,, even the Ethiopian Minister ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,something fishy

Tahliil   

History will tell who is on the wrong side of this struggle...but I'm so sure that the Freedom fighters, the resistance will come out of this as the sole and only winners...keep watchin, hadalka noo yareeya...We are in for this for the long haul...

RedSea   

Originally posted by TheSomaliEconomist:

Muj. Red Sea, keep your hopes up as that is the only thing you and your associates got left now.

I have hope, always had, because i am confident that my idealogy is right and your oppurtunist, daba dhalifnimo, qabalistic idealogies are hopeless. So yeah,I have hope, but do YOU?

jacaylbaro,

maadaa soo riday diyaaradaas hadaa, intay yaqaanan bay walibana dhulka soodhigeen diyaarad hub uwada cadawga umada somalida ah eer koonfur Somalia.

Lancer   

They don't show the actual hit. It just shows some writing than the shooter and then the launch. How do you know it was "shot right out of the sky?" Besides the crash site I mean. Is my video not working properly?