Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland election 2009 final thread

^^^Adeer you seem quite naive, war is nothing to wish for, for while I do not have time for secessionist going to war with them is useless.

We are the same people and we can settle everything through dialogue so we can all prospour.

^^^

Of course we all like to see this gets resolved through talks. If SL insists that we talk, but there is no chance in hell they're giving up Sanaag and Sool..then what? I guess it comes down to it. No choice.

Thankful   

Somaliland has way more problems then Sool and Sanaag so stop beating the weak war drums. I've said it countless times it was Habsaade's miliia men who come from Lascaanod that switch sides. Nothing to do with Somaliland.

Riyaale has been Vice Pres or Pres for far too long. He's not willing to step down and they can't afford any conflict. If any of the other opposition leaders win, it will look like even more of a tribal enclave.

So either Riyaale wins (if there are another set of elections) or their are none!!!

RedSea   

^Do you know when SL elections are being held mr. somalipride?

well, don't say rayaale hasn't stepped aside. All three SL parties agreed to give him an extention, but the elections will be held in March. He will step aside if he loses.

Thankful   

Election

This isn't my opinion according to this Somaliland site, it seems to me that even they have no clue when it will be and that it is continuously being postponed. I even sense frustration in how it is written, so like I said Somaliland has more problems then it likes to admit.

Somaliland.org

The presidential election was due to be held on or before the end of the current president's term. President Riyale's five year term ends on April 14, 2008. His five year term started from April 14, 2003 although he was sworn in as president in May 2002, one day after the death of president Egal in a South African Hospital

The new National Electoral Commission, which went to work only in September 2007, in agreement with the three national political parties, postponed the date for the presidential elections to August 31, 2008 to give itself more time to complete the voter registration in the country.

Local elections were due to be held in December 2007 but were also postponed for the same reason to June of 2008

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Muddada Xilka Loo Doortay Mud. Riyaaleo Oo Gabaabsi ah, Maxaa lagu xasuusan doonaa Maalinta Doorashada Loo Dareerayo

Somaliland.Org — Somaliland — 21 April, 2007

RedSea   

^umm, did you just wake up? :confused: yeah there were political grid lock just few months back. Alot of people thought SL was heading to same mid 90s inter clan scuffle. However, the three political parties agreed to give the ruling party an extention through '09. that is the date agreed upon by all, and elections will be held then without a delay. The registrations have already started in Saxil, Gabeley, and Awdal. Togdheer, and maroodi jeex (hargeisa) still to come.

Somalipride is the only dude that cares about Riyales time in office. Should I hold a big protest and kick Riyale from office? Will that make you happy?

Ps. I heard Somaliland.org is really owned by your uncle. How true is this?

Thankful   

Who's my uncle?

My point is that I continuously here how everything is amazing in Somaliland, and how they are better then everyone else because of democracy. But you are yet to prove you can hold elections on time let alone hand over power. Things aren't as great as you make it out to be.

We'll see if the elections are held on time!!!

Thankful   

got news for you, and it’s that Somaliland is going for the fourth public-wide consecutive election in it’s so short of its history.

So from your own words you have had 3 public-wide "elections", so what's the delay in this one? Voter Registration? So the previous ones were selections?

This is the bottom line, after the disasterous U.S trip Riyaale took. Where thousands were called to rally for independance all over your enclave. Which Riyaale himself had planned to come back a hero, guaranteeing him re-election. He was basically sent away from meeting and told that we are not recognizing you or on the verge of recognizing you.

He no longer had anything to run on, he lost the ability to brainwash the masses with the independance dream. All of a sudden elections are pushed back a year.

We'll wait and see if there are elections on time.

the whole issue of Las-Anod seemed to hinge on which side Mr. Habsade may find buttering his “political bread”, at any given day; then why is that Puntland, as a whole
could not be able to rustle up enough forces to kick us out that land
that you never get tired to tell us that it belongs to you?

Puntland can kick the flimsy rag tag militia conscripts of your TribalLAND had they collectively agreed on to muster enough manpower and resources following the heated DEBATE in the Parliament but it's their latent division and distrust over where the safety and welfare of the people lies that has given the weak forces from Hargeisa arrayed against them the Mooge Tune to chew and finger slap in the Marfishes dotted here and there. Puntland's political retreat, moreover is largely impeded by its call to national duty in the south, and which is the deciding factor to Habsade's military success on behalf of the seperatists in the city. It’s obvious the provocation and the radical expression of the seperatists is an ulterior design above the grasp of your folks, and the Puntland leadership has shown restraint and foresight and wisdom of the consequences of a looming disaster.

Having said that, the eccentric and absurdity of your claims over the DervishLAND is too easy to reverse given a change of the power structure of Puntland which has torn asunder our threads of kinship and our chief strategic anticipation to a United Somalia. The Dervishes shall return with vengeance and check you in your historic place of obeisance and deference to Somali Patriotism. The people of Hargeisa are known to be the pioneers of Somali nationalism, yet as of late and the sheer injustice of the last regime, indiscriminate of one clan but all, tinged your temperament and good judgment to strike a real and fair balance between the Future and the Present.

InShallah we shall have the time to share the big pie, that is the Maandeeq Somalia.

:D

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

quote: the whole issue of Las-Anod seemed to hinge on which side Mr. Habsade may find buttering his “political bread”, at any given day; then why is that Puntland, as a whole
could not be able to rustle up enough forces to kick us out that land
that you never get tired to tell us that it belongs to you?

Puntland can kick the flimsy rag tag militia conscripts of your TribalLAND had they collectively agreed on to muster enough manpower and resources
:D
I guess we will patiently wait for the next face-off when you do get things together in puntland and ready to battle. All the best.

Thankful   

African Own,

I believe that our elections will be hard fought one. I also intend on witnessing them insha'Allah. I'm not sure who will win because it is so close but from my experiences in Puntland the people there lost everything in the south and came to a land that had no development. There was a road and a half built port. Everything there was built by the hard working people. If you leave for 6 months and return you'll notice how many new homes and businesses opened. I heard Bosasso is growing so quickly that development has expanding to near the mountains. The elections will be peaceful and fair and the best man will win. Like other fair governments in the world, extending your term is a big no no, especially in Puntland. I'm sure it will be a tight race that is fair and on time.

I guess what impresses me with Puntland is that like I stated earlier there was almost no development after the civil war broke out and it has less agriculture then other area's in East Africa, but the people there have perservered, came together and made something out of nothing. Now it's a state that people from all over Somalia come for refugee.

When President Cade Muse won the last election, he shook all other candidates hands and assumed power peacefully!

So yeah, we'll see who wins.