Sign in to follow this  
Dhashiike

The Rubberstamping of the Occupation

http://www.hiiraan.com/news2/2008/Jun/agreement_between_transitional_federal_governament_and_the_all aince_for_re_liberation_of_somalia.aspx

7. The Parties agreed from the date of coming into effect of this Agreement:

a. To request the United Nations, consistent with UN Security Council Resolution 1814 and within a period of one hundred and twenty (120) days, to authorize and deploy an international stabilization force from countries that are friends of Somalia excluding neighboring states;

b. Within a period of 120 days of the signing of this agreement the TFG will act in accordance with the decision that has already been taken by the Ethiopian Government to withdraw its troops from Somalia after the deployment of a sufficient number of UN Forces

c. The ARS shall, through a solemn public statement, cease and condemn all acts of armed violence in Somalia and dissociate itself from any armed groups or individuals that do not adhere to the terms of this Agreement.

:eek: :eek:

Is it me or have they simply rubber-stamped the occupation? Where do I start?

1. There is no set time table for the withdrawal of the ethiopian forces. Withdrawal starts 120 days after the agreement and ends when? Their answer: "after the deployment of a sufficient number of UN Forces." A 'sufficient number' is not quantifiable. This is the kind of wording that guarantees a permanent habash presence. The ARS have only legitimized this presence.

2. No acts of resistance tolerated. They figured that once a ceasefire was in place there would be no reason to resist. The fools forget that the resistance was not against ethiopian aggression but against occupation. That is, as long as a single habashi soldier is on Somali soil resistance must and will continue.

3. No mention of the TFG puppets that got us into this quagmire in the first place. Unless they are replaced or the whole project scrapped there's no hope for a Somali government representative of its people.

Why do I say they are rubber stamping the occupation:

1. There never will be a "sufficent" number of UN troops deployed. How many countries do you think will want to send their troops to Somalia? So far the only countries that seem to be willing could be called anything but "friends of Somalia"--all have either promised or deployed due to sympathy with the Ethiopia-US axis. Anyone who thinks UN troops will be able to match the 50,000 strong Habash presence is deluded. The blame of occupation will now shift from ethiopia's US-backed interventionism to the international community's unwillingness to commit troops.

2. Ceasefire is impossible to achieve. Like I've said, resistance is a result of occupation and not aggression. Without a timetable for withdrawal, resistance fighters have no reason to believe that occupation will end and will therefore continue their struggle. Even if they were to hold their part of the deal, all the Ethiopians will have to do is read from Israeli playbook to legitimize their continued presence.

The whole ****ing agreement is a joke. Thankfully, I won't have to point that out to the ACTUAL resistance (the guys on the ground).

What is with us Somalis? Anyone given a hint of authority and legitimacy sells out faster than you can say "shir baa la lagaa leeyahay".

Juje   

Originally posted by Dhashiike:

b. Within a period of 120 days of the signing of this agreement the TFG will act in accordance with the decision that has already been taken by the Ethiopian Government to withdraw its troops from Somalia after the deployment of a sufficient number of UN Forces

Which part dont you understand there is a time limit "Within a period of 120 days after signing of the agreement" - I assume the agreement was signed today.

Now the onus is on the UN to deploy replacement and sufficient troops.

c. The ARS shall, through a solemn public statement, cease and condemn all acts of armed violence in Somalia and dissociate itself from any armed groups or individuals that do not adhere to the terms of this Agreement.

Those who want to continue with roadside bombs and suicide bombing regardless of the innocent victis of their acts and its retaliation should and will be condemned jointly.

Sxb this is not a sell out - this is not giving in but rather the opposite : The Ethiopians will be withdrawn - power sharing will be discussed and the whole of the government will be restrutured and above all peace will be brought to all Somalis. Initially it will bring people back to their houses in Mogadishu and Insha Allah it will mean more.

The only victory war can bring is means to end and Sheikh Sharif is doing that exactly today May Allah SWT guide him and lead him towards the right path. he did not sell his principles neither his integrity and today he is removed one obstacle the timing of the Ethiopian withdrawal.

So stop barking up the wrong tree and try to understand the genuity of the Man and the importance of his achievement.

You are against peace adeer. How can there be an occupation when the Ethiopians agree to leave and the UN is supporting thie process.

You are looking for further excuses. read the agreement.

Asc/wr/wb

nimanka dagaalka ku jira, ee qoryaha wada qorshahan way kasoo horjeedaan, waadna arki doontan in heeshis ku sheegan uu waxba dhalin doonin.

The Djbouti faction has no control in somalia, the opposition is broken down into 3 main groups.

1.) ICU which fall under the ARS, they have said they will investigate this matter (Djbouti talks) and will make a decision about it

2.) JIS, they have already made their stance clear towards the negotiating with the TFG, and are against it, they are also against UN deployment

3.) Shabaab, whose position is clear to all.

Dhishiike, unless you are a peacehater, you won't object to this monumental agreement.

We thank the United Nations Security Council, the Arab League, the African Union, United States, UK, France and the two Somali parties in conflict for finally coming to this national agreement in light of the humantarian crisis and the 18-year long of anarchy in Somalia.

You got 1& 2 wrong adeer. I am short on time but suffice to say that this is a historic moment in somali history, and only shortsighted folks will fully oppose it. JIS is essentailly sharif's men, they are financed by xarakatul Ictisaam which is fully on board with Sharif Ahmed...

You are righ on #3. Alshabaab may very well oppose as they said many times. But they will be extremely ineffective as they the shacb begins to harvest this deals fruits. The Kindom of Saudi Arabia will show its financial and political muscles at the end of next month, and back this deal. TFG will no longer have the free hand it had before, and Sharif's team will be more responsible actors and continue to learn how to interact with the International community, and SOMALIA will be better for it.

Indhayare, dhashiike, and co and those with similar attributes will continue to shout from the sidelines...and the caravan of common sense will move forward albeit ever slowly...

Kashafa   

This goes beyond rubber stamping. This is willful complicity. This is 30 pieces of Silver. This is jago-raadis oo qaawan. This is Vichy France coming to terms with Hitler and calling the resulting 'agreement'(appeasement) a victory for the French people.

Words cannot explain how disgusted I am by the naivety of these men who would deign to sign away Somali freedom, who would rubber stamp occupation, who would with a few strokes of a pen, cast Somali integrity into the mud of collaboration.

Again, this goes beyond rubber stamping. With the Ethiopian military on the verge of collapse, having been confined to their military bases and with their baqti corpses being shipped out by the truckload, this was a calculated scheme by the powers-that-be, to 'stabilize Somalia', after brutal military subjugation failed miserably, by utilising the oldest trick in the colonial playbook: Divide & Conquer.

Concern for Somalia ? Peace ? Reconciliation ? I feel sorry for you and your naive sophomoric outlook.

Where the F was the international community when 2.5 million human beings were being shelled mercilessly in full view of the world ?

Where the F was the international community when hospitals were being directly bombarded for daring to give medical care to the resistance ?

Where the F was the international community....man, you know what, screw this. An appeal to humanity, to the plight of the suffering masses of Somalia never did change a single thing on the ground. Gabyaa aa beri hore wuxuu dahay: As'Sayfu as'daqu anbaa'an minal kutub. The sword doth ring truer than books and letters. Put more crudely: F diplomacy, is what main man was saying.

Warka waa soo gaabina: Umar bin Khattab, upon migrating to Madeenah went before the congregated elite of Makkah at the Ka'bah, announced his migration(whereas others were leaving in secret), and said: He who wishes his mother to bereave him, his child to be orphaned and wife to be a widow, follow me behind this valley.

Same call goes out to the UN or any other foreign entity what dares step a intruding foot on Somalia soil. All of Somalia's hopes now lie upon qoriga caaradheesa, clutched by young thoroughbreds, who fully understand the existential nature of this heroic struggle. What is at stake, yaa jamaacah, is the very soul of Somalia. The very meaning of what constitutes Gobonimo and Xornimo, words that I fully understand have no value to many of you.

But I assure you, there are those who would sell their lives dearly in defense of all that is holy. Men and women who have taken oaths of fealty, to the death, to stand fast on this road, the road of Resistance, until Somalia is cleansed from Ethiopian and Dhabodhilif filth. Men and women who have invested themselves, their blood, and their treasure with unyielding determination to the cause of Liberation, to the cause of Freedom, to the cause of Islam.

Ain't gon be no walk in the park. Come get it.

Originally posted by Juje:

Which part dont you understand there is a time limit "Within a period of 120 days after signing of the agreement" - I assume the agreement was signed today.

Does the article not include the precondition: "after the deployment of a sufficient number of UN Forces"?

When do you think this condition will be satisfied? How can it be satisfied i.e. what's your interpretation of "sufficient number"?

I have yet to see any willingness on the side of the international community to send troops to Somalia let alone takeover from a 50,000-man occupation force.

Originally posted by Juje:

Those who want to continue with roadside bombs and suicide bombing regardless of the innocent victis of their acts and its retaliation should and will be condemned jointly.

This begs the question: what forms of resistance do you consider acceptable? What are your views on other muslim resistance struggles (namely, those of the Palestinians and Iraqis)? In your book, what further can we do to have the 'good victims' label bestowed upon us?

Originally posted by General Duke:

You are against peace adeer. How can there be an occupation when the Ethiopians agree to leave and the UN is supporting thie process.

You are looking for further excuses. read the agreement.

Unless you plan to redefine the word 'occupation' I'm afraid the Ethiopian presence in our country will continue to be classified as an occupation. The fact that the ARS have put pen to paper does not change the situation.

Besides, last I heard the Ethiopians started withdrawal back in February. I'm actually surprised you're not towing the line and stating that 'fact' to their defense.

Kashafa   

JIS is essentailly sharif's men, they are financed by xarakatul Ictisaam which is fully on board with Sharif Ahmed

You are misinformed, abti. JIS are unequivocally against the Djibouti farce and have stated in an official press release that they will combat any foreign forces that come to Somalia.

You see, JIS, along with their Muqawama brethren do not have a problem coming to this principled stance, because they have not been drinking the Kool-Aid of Jago-raadis.

Kashafa   

Those who want to continue with roadside bombs and suicide bombing regardless of the innocent victis of their acts and its retaliation should and will be condemned jointly

You have been condeming for the past 18 months. What have you achieved ? Jack J. Shit. The Resistance has never been stronger than today. And your TFG has never been weaker.

Marka, by all means, condemn away. Spite and bitterness meesha ay ku gaarseeso aan aragno.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

JIS is essentailly sharif's men, they are financed by xarakatul Ictisaam which is fully on board with Sharif Ahmed...

Your naivety is shining through. The resistance is highly decentralized. It is more an Iraq-type resistance than a Hezbullah-type one. You can buy off small groups but have little to no effect on the movement.

The Kindom of Saudi Arabia will show its financial and political muscles at the end of next month, and back this deal.

Are we not currently living under a Saudi Arabian-sponsored occupation?

TFG will no longer have the free hand it had before, and Sharif's team will be more responsible actors and continue to learn how to interact with the International community, and SOMALIA will be better for it.

What kind of fairytale world are you living in?

You got 1& 2 wrong adeer. I am short on time but suffice to say that this is a historic moment in somali history, and only shortsighted folks will fully oppose it. JIS is essentailly sharif's men, they are financed by xarakatul Ictisaam which is fully on board with Sharif Ahmed...

You are righ on #3. Alshabaab may very well oppose as they said many times. But they will be extremely ineffective as they the shacb begins to harvest this deals fruits. The Kindom of Saudi Arabia will show its financial and political muscles at the end of next month, and back this deal. TFG will no longer have the free hand it had before, and Sharif's team will be more responsible actors and continue to learn how to interact with the International community, and SOMALIA will be better for it.

Indhayare, dhashiike, and co and those with similar attributes will continue to shout from the sidelines...and the caravan of common sense will move forward albeit ever slowly...

Walaal Bayaan beey soo saareen, stating their position.

Expect more proclamations against the crew in Djbouti in the coming days, You'll see that the crew in Djbouti are isolated and have absolutley no following in somalia (Men wise).

Originally posted by Kashafa:

This goes beyond rubber stamping. This is willful complicity. This is 30 pieces of Silver. This is jago-raadis oo qaawan. This is Vichy France coming to terms with Hitler and calling the resulting 'agreement'(appeasement) a victory for the French people.

Words cannot explain how disgusted I am by the naivety of these men who would deign to sign away Somali freedom, who would rubber stamp occupation, who would with a few strokes of a pen, cast Somali integrity into the mud of collaboration.

Again, this goes beyond rubber stamping. With the Ethiopian military on the verge of collapse, having been confined to their military bases and with their baqti corpses being shipped out by the truckload, this was a calculated scheme by the powers-that-be, to 'stabilize Somalia', after brutal military subjugation failed miserably, by utilising the oldest trick in the colonial playbook: Divide & Conquer.

Concern for Somalia ? Peace ? Reconciliation ? I feel sorry for you and your naive sophomoric outlook.

Where the F was the international community when 2.5 million human beings were being shelled mercilessly in full view of the world ?

Where the F was the international community when hospitals were being directly bombarded for daring to give medical care to the resistance ?

Where the F was the international community....man, you know what, screw this. An appeal to humanity, to the plight of the suffering masses of Somalia never did change a single thing on the ground. Gabyaa aa beri hore wuxuu dahay: As'Sayfu as'daqu anbaa'an minal kutub. The sword doth ring truer than books and letters. Put more crudely: F diplomacy, is what main man was saying.

Warka waa soo gaabina: Umar bin Khattab, upon migrating to Madeenah went before the congregated elite of Makkah at the Ka'bah, announced his migration(whereas others were leaving in secret), and said: He who wishes his mother to bereave him, his child to be orphaned and wife to be a widow, follow me behind this valley.

Same call goes out to the UN or any other foreign entity what dares step a intruding foot on Somalia soil. All of Somalia's hopes now lie upon qoriga caaradheesa, clutched by young thoroughbreds, who fully understand the
existential nature of this heroic struggle. What is at stake, yaa jamaacah, is the very soul of Somalia. The very meaning of what constitutes Gobonimo and Xornimo, words that I fully understand have no value to many of you.

But I assure you, there are those who would sell their lives dearly in defense of all that is holy. Men
and
women who have taken oaths of fealty, to the death, to stand fast on this road, the road of Resistance, until Somalia is cleansed from Ethiopian and Dhabodhilif filth. Men and women who have invested themselves, their blood, and their treasure with unyielding determination to the cause of Liberation, to the cause of Freedom, to the cause of Islam.

Asc/wr/wb

let me help you with the clip :cool:

http://www.archive.org/details/dinsoor01

Disagree if you must, but easy on the four letter words, they make your argument very weak especially since you think you are carrying the banner of "Islam".