Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Berbera Shores - beautiful pix

India

I am sure you will enjoy your stay... ;)

Muad,

As far as Somalis go, it is the "Badda Cas" :D

I've seen people call us that we are in the Horn of Africa, some others say we are in East Africa or Subsaharan Africa while others beileve that we are part of Arabia... confusing, if you ask me. Just, imagine how someone will have trouble trying to locate his own country under so many groupings and names.

juba   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

India

I am sure you will enjoy your stay...
;)

Muad,

As far as Somalis go, it is the "Badda Cas"
:D

I've seen people call us that we are in the Horn of Africa, some others say we are in East Africa or Subsaharan Africa while others beileve that we are part of Arabia... confusing, if you ask me. Just, imagine how someone will have trouble trying to locate his own country under so many groupings and names.

pple actually beileve we are part of Arabia!!! wow they seriously need to get their geography lessons. i think we should stick to Horn of Africa, its sounds exotic :D

BTW, amazing pics Suldaanka its nice to see Somalia's beutiful crystal clear oceans smile.gif

LANDER   

Some of you raised some interesting questions in this thread. I am no Geography expert by any means, but I do know Djibouti and berbera are both located on the "mouth" of the red sea and that Bossasso and the Bari region is surrounded by Indian Ocean waters or Gulf of Aden which in itself is compromised of the similar waters to the ocean. That is to answer the statements below. What makes the red sea so unique, that is besides the historical significance it carries, well I'm sure all of you can look up this information but to make it short it has a very unique marine life. Some of the life found under the red sea exist no where else in the world. Also it is distinctive because of water depth levels, composition, temperature because the red sea is warm and it is heated by volanic activity that takes place on the sea bed. Its waters are rather tranquile compared to the violent indian ocean waters etc...So you see it is no wonder this area was Jacques Cousteau favorite for exploration.

Originally posted by Ambassador:

[QB] damn that looks good.check out my picture when i was in swimming in the red sea,but in boosaaso beach

I would like to ask the geography experts in SOL;

Is the Gulf of Aden part of the Red Sea, Indian Ocean or is it separate from both?

I always believed it is a separate entity, with different waters and currents. Because I don't think we can say Somalia, or Somaliland have Red Sea coasts. I believe the Red Sea ends in Djabouti.

Nabad!

Further more, I was wondering could their be an exact point where the Red Sea waters and Gulf of Aden (Indian Ocean waters) meet? For that I decided to look it up a little and eventhough I didn't find a definite answer I ran into some interesting information and words that I might have heard in the past like déja-vu. Anyway I'll those of you who are interested read on to some of the sites.

http://91.1911encyclopedia.org/B/BA/BAB_EL_MANDEB.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bab_el_Mandeb

plus skim through this book if you have time:Coral Reef Guide Red Sea: The Definitive Diver's Guide To Over 1,100 Species Of Underwater Life (Coral Reef)

by Robert Myers, Ewald Lieske

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

I am thinking of opening a small shop there that sells kites, surfboards and other beach-gears like towels, umbrella, lifejackets etc. and perhaps sunscreen for those cuties born overseas or those who use diana and can't stand the sun.
:D

I'll give you the same advice given by this famous Berberawi to another young dreamer with some cash>>>> Sanaag waa habheeba ee haddad Saaxil nabad gaadho... :D

berbera3.JPGethiopiafood2.JPGOut_Osmanli_Mimari_Somali_Berbera_1.jpg