Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

Ex-Somali leader sued for war crimes

OG_Girl   

Since we all agreed that last regime committed crimes , violated human rights and every one was part of it was a criminal , let us start with Rayaale Kaahin since SomaliLand is a country and have Law and Order then we will come for others and hunt them one after another :cool: ... By he way ones whom tortured my grand father in prison under the ground were "SNN" or what ever they called!!! .And Rayaale was one of these organazation. Since we know Siyad bare and Samatar did not come them selves and torture people but their Police did that for them.

I would say let us show "Southern brothers" SomaliLanders are not qabilist and baised so let us start with Uncle Rayaale Eedo Xarago :Dicon_razz.gif

Salam

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Nationalist:

Ngonge, my point exactly. There is no doubt in mind that these two men are criminals. And criminals should be sentenced accordingly.

But my objection to this case is that it will lead to a chaotic and vicious chainreaction of tribal vendettas thrown from one side to the other.

As I said before. Let bygones be bygones and move on. You can't wake up the dead, your own clock is ticking.

Way to miss my point, saaxib! :(

Individuals, Somali individuals at that, don’t really care for consequences and repercussions.

If I understand you correctly, you’re worried that if such a case succeeds then many others will follow and try to sue most of the members of the new Somali parliament (and the Somaliland president)! This, of course, is very unlikely. For the Somali president and all the members of his parliament (not forgetting any wrongdoers in Somaliland) are not in the United States. This case was brought in the United States were the plaintiff and the defendant reside. It is an individual case. We might find it distasteful, however, if we believe in freedom, justice and fairness, we can’t condemn a victim for wanting to see his oppressor punished!

If, however, other Somalis decide to take any of the current warlords, parliamentarians or presidents of “Somalia†to court, they’ll have a hard time finding a willing court. There, and I’m no expert on International law, diplomacy will prevail and they’ll either be ignored (for the good of the whole of Somalia) or told, as you rightly say, to let bygones be bygones. There is a very subtle difference between the two cases, hope you can see it now. ;)