Sign in to follow this  
Thierry.

Common reasons for supporting the ICU

^^Correction: it’s Xiinfaniin (and not Xiin Faneen :D ) saaxiib!

For me, the expulsion of warlords from Mogadishu is the greatest achievement of the Islamic Court. That I despised those criminals and what they have done to us is understatement.

ElPunto   

^^Whoa Nelly! One thing that MMA is right about - it is defintely a chorus except for his dissenting voice. And some of the assessments are definitely premature and wildly cheer-leading. After all, it has only been less than 6 months.

Bottom line for the ICU will be the 2:

1- Will they pursue their agenda only by force?

2- Will they engage in the meaningful give and take(including negotiating with those you detest) that is absolutely required if Somalia is to rebuild itself?

IMO, the jury is definitely out on both those issues. And given their desire(tempered of late) to plunge Baidoa and its environs into war - I am not very hopeful.

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^The 'Whoa Nelly' was my reaction to the whole thread and not
just
your post. I fully agree with what you wrote.

^^Haddaan hooyaa :D !

me   

MMA was right, but the ICU is doing a good job. MMA is saying what he thinks and I support that. We don't have to be 100% for ICU. As long as we know on which points we support them.

I do not support Arab cultural invasion of Somalia, but when the brothers of the ICU are fighting the Am-xaar, I will side with my Somali brothers against the foreign invaders.

Somalinimo unites us. It doesn't matter whether we are surwaalgaab or not, we will fight the aggressors.

This war will be a great oppurtunity for us all. Don't look at the down side alone, Somali's would have died with or without invasion, they have been dying for the past 16 years. When the invaders come we defeat them and dismantle them forever. We are now getting the oppurtunity to deal with the aggressors for once and for all. Lets unite and fight for peace in the Horn of Africa. Ethiopia is an irresponsible state, its a regional bully and it needs to be stopped, who is better equiped to stop this bully then Somalia? We have a history of teaching this bully lesson's from Axmed Guray's era to the 80's. Lets finish Axmed Guray's work.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by me:

This war will be a great oppurtunity for us all. Don't look at the down side alone, Somali's would have died with or without invasion, they have been dying for the past 16 years.... Ethiopia is an irresponsible state, its a regional bully and it needs to be stopped, who is better equiped to stop this bully then Somalia? We have a history of teaching this bully lesson's from Axmed Guray's era to the 80's. Lets finish Axmed Guray's work.

:eek:

Fat lot of good war has done us in the past 30+ years and a ruined state taking on what is independently termed the regional power? That has the hallmark of complete irrationality.

me   

^^^UR full of BS as usuall. One minute ur a tribalist and supporting ur local warlord and you enjoy the suffering of fellow Somalis, the next minute when we talk about ways of bringing peace to the whole of Horn of Africa, you are condemming war. Its very funny indeed.

Either be a pacifist or shut up, don't be double faced with us here.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by me:

^^^UR full of BS as usuall. One minute ur a tribalist and supporting ur local warlord and you enjoy the suffering of fellow Somalis, the next minute when we talk about ways of bringing peace to the whole of Horn of Africa, you are condemming war. Its very funny indeed.

Either be a pacifist or shut up, don't be double faced with us here.

Sorry - I should know better by now than to engage with you. Yet - one always hopes that reasoned dialogue rather than name calling and fatutousness would prevail. I won't let that mistake happen again. :cool:

me   

Well done, know ur place, be the narrow minded 'rational' tribalist.

It is not name callings to state the obvious, one has to read your previous posts to see what kind of a guy you are and how much of a tribalist you are.

When you start thinking about the common Somali interrests and stop supporting your local warlord, we can talk.

^^To be a partisan is not detrimental for a useful debate to take place, yaa Me, and if it’s the partisanship that of which ThePoint is guilty of, then I dare announce to you all that I am/have been, and will for ever remain a partisan. For without it we will all be reduced to an ineffective and pretentiously preening beings who cant or unable to dissent and debate; who cant present a point of view and defend it with both reason and revelation.

Partisan for what i think is right. That's healthy, i assert.

^You are partisanly wadaadish waryaa smile.gif

So anyway,from since the fall of Siyad Barra...I was bombarded with the following line:

Siyaad Barre wuu baxaye[La buriyee]maxeey Ha..ye[insert clan courts qabil] la heshiin lahyihiin ??

So,They finally they unite under what seems to be Allahs course[For now]...Drive off their own clansmen who were robbing,maiming and killing their own from somalia's capital,make it one of East Africa's safest cities and infuse a perfect environment for business.

But in comes the Great Ethiopia and its western allies: First they fund the very unpopular warlords[That should discredit anything they do right there] to stop these harmless wadaads but by the grace of Allah and the people's will,they are defeated. Then they start the next front: Label them and associate them with Alkeyda & in comes uncle sam and his Huge money. All for what? to stop the advancement of another islamic resembling state in Somalia.

Its Hard being this clan walle. None of the entities they have ever began was succesful. Maybe they are not meant to rule? From Gen.Aideed,to Ali Mahdi to Abdi Qasim to now the wadaads: There seems to be a force that somehow throws a wrench in their works?

Let them rule themselves and their homelands however they want it. Its their democratic right if they wanna live in "barbaric" Taliban like lifestyle. At least no Xabashi will come near their land.

With that said,I am neither Pro wadaads but am purely Anti-Xabashi

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Thats a crime
:D
! There is no middle ground. Read my partisan statement adeer, it's not ceeb.

ps. Well come yaa Coon
:D
!

LOL. Thanks Abti.

I am leaning towards the Wadaads[As of Now].Until they prove otherwise & that was due to two reasons:

1. They drove the wolves aka Warlords

2.They stand up to the Xabashi & her Western partners.

Anyone who really doesnt even appreciete the magnitude of this achievement really is a Qabilist at heart and nothing can help him. For 15years no one dared take those goons head on and praise to Allah,They did it man. And that my freind warrants a Brownie point if you will smile.gif

In my opinion,Since 80% the members of these clan courts reside in the south,Let them choose how they wanna govern themselves? Puntland and Somaliland can choose what they want,why not southland? Meeshu nagu kala wada dee smile.gif

^^I can now count on you yaa Faarax :D . I am not sure though if your qabiil has been attacked yet. When that happens stay away from these pages and moderate your emotions in private saaxiib.

Nimankani niman naxa maaha, say u joogaan bay habeen iska weerarayaan cidda oo nabad ah :D .