Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Oromo facts : suprise not all MUSLIM

OLOL   

Duke is all of sudden changing to Anti-Islam because of the courts opposition and challenge to his uncle. This is a proof how deep rooted is tribalism in some sectors of Somali society. Qabyaalad is their religion and Qabiil is their god and a warlord is their prophet.

Oromia   

General "duke",

I am settling with your "general" title. That's OK.

** all your sources are either special interest groups, OLF and western scholars

** the census you mentioned was done by the Tigre group for its own purpose of disinformation and corrupt budjget appropriation

** Of the clans of Oromo, the largest Afran Qallo in Hararghe 100% , Arssii 98%, Bale 98%, Sidamo 95%, Ittu 100%, Karrayu 100%, Warra Illu 98%, Warra Sheika 100%, Jimma 85%...Even in Shoa and Wollega provinces of pridominantly X-tian Xabasha population at least 50% of Oromos are known to be Muslims.

**per my info in the Horn of Africa the first Islamic Front was founded by Sheik AbdulKarim Ibrahim a.k.a Jarra Abba Gadaa

I don't think there are any OLF contingents in Somalia. Currently that group is taken over by western educated "wanna be duke" types of the Oromo version.

** While you prefer to argue against the ICU, Oromos, Ertreans, and Arabs, I haven't seen you argue against the Ethiopian regime so far. Why is that so? A mere coincidence ?

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

^ Your bias it too encompassing. Are you saying the entire clan conspired to have Abdirashid killed?

:D

In response to

^^You have all the secular guys in your signiture, except Sh. C/rashiid Cali Sharmaake, (Allaha u naxariistee) who was killed by his vicious tribe, because they saw him as a man of justice, which they don't like.

Alla U Baahne.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

^ Your bias it too encompassing. Are you saying the entire clan conspired to have Abdirashid killed?

Xaasha-lilaah, xoogsadow! War nin noocaas maskaxdiisu u shaqeyso maahi. Una maleyn maayo in reer hebel ay isku raaci karaan xumaan, oo ummattu Muxamed horaa loo yiri qalad iskuma raacdo. Marka walaalow waxaan sheegay oo kaliyah wixii laga aaminsanaa dilkii Sh. C/rashiid Cali Sharma'arke, oo ummadu isku raacday inuu ahaa hogaamiye daacad u ah diintiisa, dadkiisa iyo dalkiisaba.

Laakiin adigu ma waadan qabin in reerka uu ka dhashay ay ku jiraan dad xun xun oo cadaaladda neceb iyo dadka ku dhaqma? Waxaa tusaale u ah arinta aan ka hadlayo C/laahi Yuusuf, waa nin eex iyo qabyaalad badan, hal qof oo usoo baxo qabiilkiisa oo qaarajiyana waala la'yahay ilaa iyo hadeer.

Maxay ku dhacday taas, oo ninka xun faraha looga qaaday, ninka fiicanna loo dilayaaa, bal taas iga jaahil bixi, caaqil Xoogsadoow?

Oromia, do you have any other sources to counter what I found enlighten us wont you.

Present facts will you, I thought all Oromo were Muslim, and if the OLF the rebel movement and Oromo websites do not represent Oromo, then who does?

Observer, the Tigray are Christain, those that reside in Eritrea as well as in Ethiopia. I do love your two liners.

Olol,my point is why all the scream against the Ethioipians supporing the TFG, if the clan courts are using the help of Isaih Afwerki and OROMO fighters who might not be all Muslim.

Ethiopia has even Somali officers in its armed forces.

Observer   

Generalka we need more in detail about the good Tigre people that LOVES Somali people. come'on now break it down for us. You seems to enligthen us about the Eri and Oromo's we need to learn more about the masters as well. Be it good or bad. Two liner = saving time or opposit of Odw... smile.gif

^^^Saxib either you are a child or need some help. There is no Love between Somali;s and anyone. Who loved us when we were running across the world desperate, refugees? The Arabs right, the Gulf states welcomed us with open arms right, maybe Pakistan did.

This is politics son, not religion, not nationalism just dirty Somali politics. These clan courts are courting Eritrea, Oromo and others so the TFG will keep its support.

Add something tangible to the debate son, what Jihad uses, Christian and Traditional beliveing warriors? What Jihad is led by Isiah Aferwarki?

Dont fool the kids, Xasan Dahir and his comedy will not last, as I see it so do others and many more will.

NASSIR   

Duke , majority of Oromo are Muslim. Your source is a distortion of the facts about Oromo demography.

The minority Oromo Christian were the ones educated in overseas. The ruling class hails from this segment and the most wealthiest.

NASSIR   

I don't have the figures but I can reseach. There is a book I read a long time ago about the Oromo population and their culture. Some of them are Pagan but majority is Muslim.

Oromia   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Oromia, do you have any other sources to counter what I found enlighten us wont you.

Present facts will you, I thought all Oromo were Muslim, and if the OLF the rebel movement and Oromo websites do not represent Oromo, then who does?

Observer, the Tigray are Christain, those that reside in Eritrea as well as in Ethiopia. I do love your two liners.

Olol,my point is why all the scream against the Ethioipians supporing the TFG, if the clan courts are using the help of Isaih Afwerki and OROMO fighters who might not be all Muslim.

Ethiopia has even Somali officers in its armed forces.

The best thing to find out about Oromos would be by travelling to Oromia from Hararghe to Illu Abb Bora; from Wollo to Arssii. You are right Muslim Oromos are uderrepresented on the www. Most educated Oromos are X-tians not surprisingly. Hence, Muslim Oromos underrepresentation on the www. Allahkarim, that will change. It is also useful to read Samuel Huntington's "Clash of Civilization" and find out what he says about the Oromo. Huntington, a fundamental X-tian and US Neo-con ideologue, was Meles Zenawi's advisor when the latter was in a heat of battle with the Oromos in 1993.

I believe you agree it is a no-brainer that any Oromo in Somalia would be in Somalia except for Islamic solidarity. We are happy our Somali brothers are stronger than us even if they have their own problems to solve. I don't see any haram or even makru if we want to help both our brothers and ourselves by fighting against the Tigre on the side of our stronger brothers.

Oromia   

Originally posted by Caamir:

Have you read the rebuttal by
Edward Said

I haven't read Edward Said's. However Mohammed Hassens' "The Oromo of Ethiopia" is a vry good source on the Orrmos. Also, I just want to enlighten you on the fact that the Oromos have never been Pagan in recorded history even before the coming of Islam from across the sea. The Oromos always believed in ONE God (Waqaa Tokkichaa) Waqaa = God, Tokkichaa = the One from Tokko = one. Now nowhere in the Qur'an people who believe in One Creator are referred to as Mushrikkun/Pagan.

Oromo/Meroe/Kush