Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Hiiraan University.

That looks amazing, too easy to show it but hard to construct, that's awesome unrealistic I say as of this time, effort, manpower, huge amound of cash and sincere staff is needed to bring this University into being. OOoh and Proper government is a must or otherwise any thug malitia's will take over and ruin what was built in years less than seconds.

Im not being pessimistic but rather detailing the facts that exist back home, the reality we live in, modern time Somalia lacks sensership, normality and the desire to thrive for the common good.

I for one dream for that university to be

Jabhad   

Tukaale sxb, This is long-term project. It will start functioning as soon as enough faculties get built. Don't be pessimistic. Don't you think they did feasibility studies before they start this huge project./

Tukaale

OOoh and Proper government is a must or otherwise any thug malitia's will take over and ruin what was built in years less than seconds.

Is this a joke or what? We have more Universities now than under dictator Siyaad../

Originally posted by Tukaale:

That looks amazing, too easy to show it but hard to construct, that's awesome unrealistic I say as of this time, effort, manpower, huge amound of cash and sincere staff is needed to bring this University into being. OOoh and Proper government is a must or otherwise any thug malitia's will take over and ruin what was built in years less than seconds.

Im not being pessimistic but rather detailing the facts that exist back home, the reality we live in, modern time Somalia lacks sensership, normality and the desire to thrive for the common good.

I for one dream for that university to be

I am tasting here a tribalistic flavor! :D

But we will see, insha-allah.

Tukaale sxb, This is long-term project.

Absolutely, Harun I agree with you there pal, long-term project, and great amound of resources will spent on it. Its a beautiful university, Indeed!

This is what I said

unrealistic I say as of this time

Simply because there is no real government nor there is a law of order, you might make an amazing come back and say What about Somaliland and Puntland. First this particular Uni will be implemented in Hiiraan, secondly I don't believe even those mentioned areas have a real and proper law and order, yes there is fragile brief of peace, and as far as law is considered to me they are a places where the leader's eye cannot see the law but who is before the law.

Is this a joke or what? We have more Universities now than under dictator Siyaad../

No, contrary it's you thats making a joke.

Yes we have more Universities now, and It's not only Universities but do you know that we have a better social way of life right, the best telecommunication systems we ever dreamed of, if not the best in Africa, booming economy, new cities and barren regions built transformed into beautiful lands and other unacountable opportunies and benefits we never had under Barre regime, but thats not to say we don't need a government? think again and distinguish the issues, ooh and never let out the other side of the story, the dark side of modern Somalia.

I am tasting here a tribalistic flavor!

Alle-ubaahne, your name looks honest but this is far from honest! This is the only thing you could contribute, OK Im a tribalist but reason how, and why? Why don't you atleast say Kudos to the boys under-taking this fruitful project... Or was a case of attack before you get attacked, pre-emptive strike is the best way of defence, they say!

muunad   

it looks too much like a mosque. don't mean to sound unsupportive but it looks too unrealistic. with the bridge and the drive way and well........the whole thing. might as well draw a castle in a wooden clearing. i say if you are going to dream, don't go all the way into the clouds but stay with reality;just draw a building or buildings that do look extradinory forget the rest and use it as maybe... scholarships.

Jabhad   

it looks too much like a mosque. don't mean to sound unsupportive but it looks too unrealistic. with the bridge and the drive way and well........the whole thing. might as well draw a castle in a wooden clearing. i say if you are going to dream, don't go all the way into the clouds but stay with reality;just draw a building or buildings that do look extradinory forget the rest and use it as maybe... scholarships.

What is wrong with looking like a mosque? Remember, Mosques were once the top learning centers of Islam. And what is wrong with dreaming doing big things? :D

What makes you think this project will not be successfull. Clarify your cloudy ideas, make usefull connections and share it with us.

Wiilo   

i think it is doable project, let's be realistic about it, it is long project that needs determination and committed people who have the patiency to sustain such a huge project. They can do it. and yeah it is true that we have more universities than before which is a testimony of what group of committed people can do. Honestly I'm very happy that we have and still building all these universities, but what i worry is, that, it seem that we are not putting more efforts to primary education, before students reach university levels they need to have a basic education. We all hear about these great project of building universities what happends to basic education first, primary schools, middle schools, and high schools, i hope to see more people who are as committed as those who are building these universities to put little effort to start basic education where students can first learn basics.

Nabad iyo Caano.....

Folks,

I am not from Hiiraan, but I do have great respect for this great region and its people. The home of famous Somali "Sleeping Beauty", BEERLULA!

So, well done, May Allah Helps them with this great project.

Allamagan

^^Whenever I here the word Beledweyn, that song exactly comes to mind. Beledweyn Alahayow ka dhig beertii raaxadda.

I have yet to see how Beledwiene looks like, does anyone has any pictures of it?

good luck to the HU, it sure looks nice on paper.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Wiilo:

Honestly I'm very happy that we have and still building all these universities, but what i worry is, that, it seem that we are not putting more efforts to primary education, before students reach university levels they need to have a basic education. We all hear about these great project of building universities what happends to basic education first, primary schools, middle schools, and high schools, i hope to see more people who are as committed as those who are building these universities to put little effort to start basic education where students can first learn basics.

Nabad iyo Caano.....

Great point by Wiilo. Let us put our effort into basic education first before we think of building a university that requires sustainable resources and qualified faculty staff.

For those of you who said we were very behind in terms of education during the era of Mohammed Siyaad, I believe they are wrong in their aforethought grasp of the system of education that was in effect. When his government was still functioning, every family could afford to have their children attend school and it was compulsory educational system. The similar-No-Child-Left-Behind program seemed to had been appllied to students as far as i remember as a young person.

Some people would even assume the fact that we didn't have Internet, despite having it today, as a sign of progress after the collapse of the dictatorial rule of Mohammed Siyad barre. When did Internet begin to appear?

Gabbal   

War dadku muran badanaa! Instead of arguing about the ability of this endeavor taking place, why don't you send whatever donation could afford? Less talk, more action should be the motto here.

NASSIR   

^^At least be respectful to the Nomads who contributed to the discussion of this thread. "Muran Badanaa" is not an appropriate phrase and it does hint lack of appreciation.

Later