Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland should declare itself the republic of Somalia

somalia-flag.gif

Due to the failure of all the political groupings of the south notably the Sharif Hotel caravan, the religious fanatics and the various armed clan groupings.

Due to the utter failure of the secessionist enclave, to gain recognition for its “independence” with regards to the delusional stance of becoming a separate nation.

Due to the loud cries and anguish of the average Somali in the republic and abroad for the restoration of the state and a functioning national government.

It is high time for Punt and as the only functioning, pro Somali entity in existence to play its role and declare itself as the custodian of the republic and Somalia proper.

The steps it needs to take are as follows, declare that Puntland should be home to the Somali parliament, nascent security forces and executive branch.

That a new national conference should be convened in Puntland to help work out a new parliament, and executive and do away with the bloated and irrelevant 500 parliament.

All NGO’s must relocate to Puntland, and that the state will be open for all members of the Diaspora to return and set up shop in the state.

This is the only logical option, wasting money in Mogadishu & Baidoa is no longer viable.

^^^Cowke was not weird he is just Juje in disquise trying to start trouble. :D

Whats worse is a government that admits it was tricked into selling its own sea, thats more than strange adeer. :D

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^You know, that might not be bad idea at all under the circumstances.

Che, how much does this "recognized" government rule with all the money that has been given to it?

The fact that Puntland could be a base for a future strong government is in no doubt, the fact that it has the institutions in place weak as it maybe can not be put in doubt. Also the population would welcome the opportunity this would present their state.

It’s a very pro Somali republic state, thus why should it be a guest to the nation when it runs the largest real estate of any contender?

Juje   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Whats worse is a government that admits it was tricked into selling its own sea, thats more than strange adeer.
:D

Saxiib you have both the audio and video evidence of what the PM said - listen to it again and again - and in it there is no where he says "we were tricked into signing".

It is just Somalitalk rubbish propoganda - I was there and I know what the PM said let alone what is on his agenda and mind.

Duke give it a rest PM Cumar cannot be tainted, by you or Somalitalk, and is milestone ahead of his adversaries.

It is justa pity that you have to pick up twisted words.

Puntland the clan state can’t play that role in Somalia. Even if you shift the capital the parliament the military bases to puntland. Still Mogadishu will be in the hands of the extremist. And the world sees Mogadishu as somalia

nuune   

It is just Somalitalk rubbish propoganda - I was there and I know what the PM said let alone what is on his agenda and mind.

What exactly took place yaa sheikh Juje, what was that signed. You have more knowledge of what is happening there and here since you are a TFG xildhibaan smile.gif

PS: Do you also appreciate Somalitalk's extensive investigation on the stealing of the resources of Somalia everywhere, I think they do good job in exposing alot of stuff.

Xaji Xunduf: The extremist wont be able to take over the south, they will just keep the cycle of death and destruction in its place for some time. The international community has no choice, other than to think outside the box, the only problem is Somali players tend to follow the old script and never present any credible alternative to the status quo.

Puntland has a great deal of weight it is recognized by the UN, US, EU and other powerful world players as 1/3 of Somalia. Today Somalia is described as Somaliland, Puntland and the south. The difference between Somaliland & Puntland is simply that the later is pro Somalia and is not ashamed of it.

Thus move the capital to Garowe, all the UN agencies and the embassies, and things will change overnight.

Its time to move forward, wasting time on Mogadishu, on Al Shabaab and on a failed formula will not help a single Somali.

Originally posted by nuune:

Duke, do you believe Somaliland's political stand? are you again't them or for them NOW?

I am for self determination for Somaliland, like the Welsh and the Scotish have within the UK. But I am against secession at all cost.

UZTAAD   

it is good idea but has Mr Faroole big ambitions like this I don't think so he is not as ambitious as Abdullahi yusuf he is just ordinary politician not a statesman who is content with status qua.

^^^Maybe you are right, but Faroole is not the only Puntland leader, we the Diaspora can play a role in creating such a movement.

The old politician have no brains.