Sign in to follow this  
Ducaysane

Puntland and Somaliland

I have a friend of mine who just come back from Somalia. He visited both Puntland and Somaliland, he told me that Puntland is more populated then Somaliland. for those of you who have visited those Lands, Is his conclusion accurate?

peasant   

Ducaysane that is very hard to prove with out taking census of each state and resolving it through statistics. Because simply your friend might traveled through Somaliland inappropriate times like for instance in the afternoon when everyone is gone chewing and perhaps the city streets are empty. Similarly he might have gone to noisy and over crowded markets in Puntland while he probably stayed at the comfort of a quite hotel in Somaliland. To sum up what i have just said personal experience alone does not determine the population and demographic of a state in that case your friend's argument can be dismissed easily and that in statistics is referred as an anecdote.

N.O.R.F   

^^Thats abit of a statement dont you think?

Bosaso has probbaly increased in population due to the brisk business and port based economy but that means other regional towns and cities have seen a reduction in their population.