Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

The Abandonment of Cabdulahi Yusuf.

Sky   

Originally posted by Admin:

^^ SKY and WIND.TALKER, please edit tribal names from your post. This is absolutely unacceptable. If you guys keep disrespecting the rules of the website, we would have no choice but to suspend your posting rights. We have rules. Please respect them. No mention of any derogatory tribal nicknames.

Please.

Warning.

Admin

Somalia Online Team

allright admin, i respect the rules and im sorry. just dont say that i used derogatory tribal nicknames, becuz i didnt. im not here to bash windtalker, we were having a friendly, but heated debate.

OLOL   

Have you watched the documentary of Mukhtaar from the
militia who was killed he was only fourteen he had an AK which he described as his best friend.

That mentioning of clan names and the whole Mogadishu bashing rant is a violation of the golden rules of this site. It demonstrates how we are all unsettled with the QABIIL thing. Any gifted debator would not champion and support his/her argument with such spiteful clan bashing.

people need to ask ALLAH forgiveness and really atone themselves. We at least need to curtail and hold back some of our intrinsic prejudices against our fellow somalis.

Sky   

sheikh muhammad. much love and respect. nothing but love and respect for someone who loves his country so much. i salute you brotherman!

OLOL   

Deja Vu all again!!same familiar skewed views from the same familiar sources! anything else new folks?

The politics section is definitely uninspiring and is not worth the effort.

I thought I will be engaged, enlightened, challenged and in the end of our discussions and exchange of views/ponderings, I thought we will have some encouraging conclusions.

Now I realize that is not the case. Depressing indeed!

It seems that the posters of this section have monlithic views on things and there is no divergent or rather revolutionary point of view. Typical Somali Maryooleeys exercising their Fadhi-Ku-dirir obtuse clan bashing in the cyber realm....nothing less...nothing more

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Sky:

sheikh muhammad. much love and respect. nothing but love and respect for someone who loves his country so much. i salute you brotherman!

Loves his country or loves Colonel yeey? In his tribalistically tainted post I did not see any patriotism except admiration for a clan and a man.

OLOL   

prejudice refers to negative attitudes toward others and is based on faulty and infelexible stereotypes.

prejudiced people( we have many here, including me) have attitudes that show irrational feelings and dislike or even hatred( that is extreme ) for certain groups/clans. but it has been a normal phenomona in our injured Somali psyche. it is sometimes easier to respond to these prejudiced people but it is counter-productive.

prejudices satisfy practical functions.

Prejudiced people express themselves that way ( with emotional fanfare) expecting to receive awards for their statement. deep down, that is what is burning them inside and they have to let IT out ( vent all that anger to relieve themselves)... it is healthy and I hope the Sheikh could go on with his life.

if you express prejudicial statement about certain people,- as in the case of our resident Sheikh here, who unflinchingly managed to smear the people of Mogadishu with a one-dimensional paintbrush -,others who hold the same views, may like you more - as evidenced by the applause and ullulations Sky and Duke bestowed on the Sheikh.

we have people here who can easily dismiss others, with name-calling and verbal abuse, instead of trying to effectively adjust to them.

if others say things that are inconsistent with the views we hold dear, our sense of self may deeply be threatened and we may try to maintain our self-esteem by scourning and riducling the source of mesesage and the massage itself (Duke excels in that practice)

that is what transpires here on daily basis though and it is a human nature. But still it is sad!!

Deeq A.   

SHEIKH CAWAD, please don't post tribal names on our website again. If you are not familiar with our rules, we don't tolerate tribal names on this forum.

***** This is your first warning **********

I apologise to the admin for disrespecting their rules of debate and engagement. If we wouldn't have this rules the place would be in chaos and disorder. Keep the good work up you're indeed civilised and just.

I only used one tribe name which was used in a documentary film by the BBC (by the way this is not a justification of my wrong action). If we are not allowed to use tribal names directly we're indeed using it in a indirect and unhealthy way. For example we all know what reer xamar, puntlan, gedo, usc, ssdf are and what tribe names they stand for we should allow people in my view to discuss such matter in a polite and respective manner without fear because otherwise if we don't debate such issues with openness and gentle care than there is a danger of diverting tribal names to a dangerous thing that shouldn't be talked about.

we should bring all our grievances to the open yacni no freedom of speech western style where people can shout and write insults and untrue things but when debated in its original context and with true intent i don't see any danger in it.

I've got love and admiration for all the people who care for our country. I've also got a political, social and economical vision for a United Federal Somalia where every Somali citizen can live and work we ever he wants in total peace and without harrassment. I want to see a Somalia where people can excel in their full potential without fear and discrimination. I want to see a Somalia where everyone is equal in Law regardless of their tribe and status. Overall I want to see toleration amongst all Somalis.

People can try to corner me and say Iam a supporter of a certain shaqsi they might think to know what is in my mind the next time i want to state something in this forum ill sent Juma and Horn a personal message telling them that i indicate to write something in this forum i will leave it to them to write on my behalf as it seems they already know who iam and what my intentions are feel free to say whatever you like because my feelings are bigger than seeing a politician succeed in his selfwish desire's. I think we all agree that Qaran is bigger than any shaqsi we won't stop for the president nor the speaker of the parliament.

I will stay objective and engage in constructive arguments and I'll ignore everything negative from now on lets be positive if we see something we don't like and agree with we can try and change it certain sections were saying the politcal section is uninspiring and unchallenging intellectually. It is up to us to come to a mutual agreement of how to debate on certian things and issues.

I don't agree with the tactics of our fellowing nomad Juma at all he follows a tactic of "hit and run" like the iraqi insurgents. If you don't agree to something be like a man and stop sabotaging other people's arguments and hence poising their "oponents minds.

Trust is an important issue. I am quite ready to compromise and change my views if you can convince me and persuade me in a good manner and just way.

Iam ready to drop arguing that we need the Ethiopians to pacify Somalia (this is a friendly gesture but we all know what somalis are like when you stretch the hand of peace they'll demand the whole arm aswell) but you've to agree that we need peace keeping troops. Everyone of here should acknowledge that our beloved capital city it's not very safe at the moment and an interim alternative govermental seat should be agreed on.

There's your challenge let's try to move closer together by giving up and making compromises and to cross the line/boundry of hatred and mistrust to the line of love, harmony and mutual understanding and brotherly trust.

1116700592.pjpeg

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Sheikh Muhammed bin Awad:

I don't agree with the tactics of our fellowing nomad Juma at all he follows a tactic of "hit and run" like the iraqi insurgents.

Looooooooooooooool...! Thanx for the compliment sxb. However my 'fellowing' nomad I doubt whether you would have disagreed my posts and despised them had I praised Colonel Yeey and declare my undying support for the TFG. So I understand where you are coming from and am not suprised... :D:D

OLOL   

Iam ready to drop arguing that we need the Ethiopians to pacify Somalia (this is a friendly gesture but we all know what somalis are like when you stretch the hand of peace they'll demand the whole arm aswell) but you've to agree that we need peace keeping troops. Everyone of here should acknowledge that our beloved capital city it's not very safe at the moment and an interim alternative govermental seat should be agreed on.

Why do you have to bring Ethiopians to pacify XAMAR? And how will they do such a grueling pacification enterprise? Will they have to subjugate and wipe out those Mogadishu warring factions? Wasn’t there a precedent of this before? Did we forget that this peacekeeping and peacemaking mission was tried by more than 30 thousand US troops ( with their rangers and delta forces ) who were armed with powerful technological military hardware and were more terrifically mechanized in every way than these Ethiopian poorly trained ragtag conscripted Oromo peasants that Ina-Yeey and Meles have in store? Who on earth will entertain such idiocy ? Pacification could only happen through dialogue, compromises and reconciliation. It will only happen when Ina-yeey abandons his menacing bullying apprehension and be courageous enough to go to the Mogadishu as the elected president of Somalia. He needs to work with his fellow warlords and work for peace.

we don't need a third party forces. it will complicate things. Peace must come within. people have to put their pride aside and face the music. Sit with your foe and reconcile your differences. if you can't do that, let those who are willing to embark on such non-violent delicate task commit themselves into such task. be diplomatic, patient and sensitive. it is as simple as that. conflict resolution requires much sensitivity and diplomacy. it requires engagement, confidence building and tactical posturing. Ina-yeey's clique are out of touch of the Somali realities and most of his cheerleaders see this as a clannish exploits.

A nation can't be built on such unaccommodating defeatist policy and we don't need a dictatorial nepotistic regime. isn't that what started this whole mess? when we gonna learn from our past blunder? we are all togather in this and we must all work togather. we have to save ourselves from a total obliteration.

Who is Behind Somalia's Problems? - The Warlords Hard Facts brought to light

•The warlords do not want any Somali government to function in Somalia.

•They led to the demise of four Somali governments.

•They are a pack of illiterate and uneducated men with no vision and no foresight.

•They are men without purpose or plans for the future of Somalia.

•They do not want to let things to cool off or change in Somalia.

•They are determined to hold the country and its people in captivity forever.

•They have gunned down tens of thousands of innocent Somali citizens during the period from 1990s to the present-day.

•They are guilty of human rights abuses and crimes against humanity in Somalia.

•The crimes and atrocious acts they have committed are too horrible to believe.

•They are behind the long list of problems which Somalia has today.

•They are responsible for almost all the evils that took place in Somalia..

•The country is right in the middle of the chaos they have created.

•They got rich from robbing the properties of the country and the people.

•They are under the influence of foreign powers opposed to the vital interests of the Somali people. The devil is bushing them from behind to doom the country.

•They pump the Somali people with hatred and fanaticism thereby poisoning their minds and hearts.

•They are launching a campaign of besmear and disinformation on purpose against the new Somali federal government in which they are cabinet members.

•They are plotting against the federal government in a bid to nip it in the bud.

•Laying traps and plotting against the Somali governments is what they live for.

•It is time we say stop to these criminal warmongers.

•Now is the time for all true Somali patriots, citizens and countrymen to take part in every possible way in the rescue of the Somali nation from total disintegration and ruination at the hands of these extremely wicked warlords.

•Somalia can no more afford to remain in shackles and hand-cuffs.

•The Somali people can no longer remain passive spectators and onlookers while their motherland is headed for a fall.

•The country must be liberated from the domination of the warlords.

•A sure way to save Somalia is to stand in single file behind the federal government led by President AbdulahiYusuf Ahmed and Prime Minister Ali Mohamed Gedi. The Somali people must utilize this rare opportunity..

“Our Lord! Have Mercy on us from Yourself and guide us out of our ordeal.â€.

(Surat Al Kahf, verse 10)