Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

And now scare tactis are used by the desperados.....Aweys the Arsne Wenger of Somalia

Caano, You are much better now. And so you know, i am not a mind reader adeer and, naturally, i could comment on what i read(plainly) ;) . Still you cant drink from both pools so to speak, so you need to dig your trenchs and, if need be, fiercely defend it :D .

xiin

first of all, thank you for the acceptance, second is your definition of "drink[ing] from both pools" expecting honesty, non machiavellian politics, fairness, tollerance and respect from you prospective government?

^^Caano, you are a scientist and I always read your comments vigilantly :D . I liked all the attributes you listed there, and any ideal government should have them all. But I am minimalist in my political outlook as it applies to Somalia and wouldn’t bench mark my prospective government as high as I sensed you would.

xiin as much as appealing to my vanity with a dash fatalistic cynacism works, and it does ...

I have to put aside my growing head and say the somali reinactment of Mao Tse Tungs famous 'feeling good/ things are going well', yard stick of "I can eat a lot and $hit a lot" should not give even the most adherent minimalist something to be content with.

^^Agreed in principle but it's more than that, is it not? You are not suggesting that this movement is not more than mere populist slogans, are you?

As much as you oppose their political platform, you must concede to the bare fact that they have indeed resurrected a city from its graveyard. Today security is no longer a significant issue in Mogadishu. Warlords are out of business. Roadblocks are no longer manned. Airport and harbor are operational. Gradual rehab for the city’s infrastructure is being undertaken, and initial assessments are underway. The issue of looted properties is taken on. Above all political variables in the south are being reduced to one, hence the equation of Somalia’s political stagnation could be solved with a much less effort now than it has been few months back.

What say you Caano?

But this is not the news or any new as Aweys wanted to attack Baidoa properly since Abdullahi Yusuf set foot on it as ealier he was trying to prevent Abdullahi Yusuf from settling there with the help of gone old friends that were known as Warlords and scrap-merchants to the rest of us Somalis

I stopped reading right after reading this piece. I already know that this is a biased,misinformed and a malicious mumbo-jumbo from the poster.

But for the sake of clarity,May i be kind enough to flash your mucus filled head and remind you that the Aweys and his brave boys FORCEFULLY REMOVED THOSE WARLORDS and made Mogadishu the safest city in East Africa TODAY!!

Obviously this post is for the posters/Nomads with a high "QI"[Thats Qabil Index,oh oh] and not a High IQ[That is Inteligent Quotent,oh oh] :D

xiin the raionalist in me always said that you needed an element that could conslidate power before any progress could be made. Now the point is how you do that. And the humanist in me cant help but question the methods you use to achieve that, which is what i beleive the General was pointing at.

So, YES, i think in somalia today being capable of organising a city cleanup justifies the *supreme* in their self given title. But how are we meant to judge them when they bring out the ninja squad adorned with their kalashnikovs (the polical slogans)?

so, NO i dont think you can easily seperate them for their polical platforms.

of course man, bring it on. what do you expect other than ridicule when you put up proganda like that.

I'd really like to see the religious/ cultural/ practical justfication for women in hijaabs that can't wonder alone but can go to war.

Caano, You are no longer wearing your scientist hat (read: you are not observing with an open mind). For with the correct observation you could’ve seen the paradigm shift in Mogadishu---a positive one at that. When you put emphasis on few demos organized by the Courts (no less) and you tilt your comments to address its subtitles, you are not meaning for a debate saaxiib.

But let me try to vent your lingering thought adeer. Clouds of war are hanging over Mogadishu and Baydhabo; each one of the political contestants will use all available methods at their disposal. Courts have resorted to public demos to garner their support and show the public approval they enjoy. Geedi retorted with verbal salvos of his and issued threats of war if the Courts behavior does not change. When Indhacadde’s tangue slipped as he quickly outgrew of his authority, the old man showed his perpetual fist and claimed that he has indeed closed the door of peace shut. No surprise there---as far as I am concerned. Only those who are deprived of intellectual shells would think commenting on the appearance of political demo or laboring to dissect political speeches substitute for a genuine debate adeer. Would you rather be impressed if the Mogadishu demos featured an orderly march of a military parade? How phony would that be yaa Caano?

Adeer, ninja-squads or not Courts are political reality on the ground. Their military and logistical reach is also undeniable. To wish them away is beyond wishful thinking. To vilify them as some attempted to do is ineffective. Insults, negative slants of their political composition, or other slurs wont do the job.

Accept them as part of Somalia’s political-landscape and talk to them or die sad, I say.

Brownie the warlords were an obsticle to peace and reconcilition and they were resisting and opposing the government for a long time!

On the other hand please get your 'facts' right, it was not Aweys or his group that ousted the warlords but combined forces from every section of Mogadishu!

I will not allow you delibartely misleading the gallery here nor distorting the real history of that uprising.

It was a popular uprsining instigated by the masses but that has been hijacked. The TFG welcomed the dismise of the warlords and said that very clear.

But let us stop here for a second shall we? As things will get a little bit confused!

Allow me also to go into a bit of back-ground stuff needed to understand the revolution that took place in Mogadishu!

As we are all aware off Mogadishu had an appointed governor or mayor that was directly appointed by the Prime minister callled Cadde Gaabow!

That guy Cadde Gaabow set up office in Mogadishu and for a while things were going smoothly as he was excepted by his clan who form the silent majority in Mogadishu.

He was only opposed by the warlords such as the group of Abdiqaasim, Aweys and Indhacadde so forth etc, the folks that originate from Mudug and Galguduud, the HG clan!

They called for an 'establishment' of a regional administration for Bendir and Mogadishu. Abdiqassims money from the arabs assured, that 'some' people, from clans in Mogadishu, who were opposed to the government and lead by tribal sentiments including Qanyare and Yalahow, who were in favour of the conference came out in support for the 'idea' of a regional state for Benadir(read Mogadishu).

Representatives were selected and an election took place in which Abdiqassim, Aweys, Indhacadde, Qanyare and Yalaxow the anti-government lot came and were present at! They elected a rival mayor from the HG clan called Tootow(shows you how funny the names shariif sound now for mog folks) but let's not go there!

That new mayor was fully endorsed and Indhacadde, Abdiqassim and Aweys came all smiling out of it but somehow Qanyare left the scene in anger because his man lost (his man was told expected to win or come second)! Yalahow wasn't too much pleased either but he went along and seemed unconcerned because his only concern was on how to eliminate and oppose the government of Somalia!

Moving on, Qanyare after the election, who could see what was going on and the shifting of power in Mogadishu in favour to a certain group with lots of money decided he would now go to the US and ask for favours, which lead to the establishment of the Anti-Terrorist alliance, which the government was very angry with because the US were giving money and other support to warlords, that were opposing the government for a long time now and who were an obsticle to peace!

Taking advantage of the hate and resintment for the warlords, who were now in the business of capturing 'Al-Qaeda' fugitives, a popular uprising emerged, which even left the warlords surprised!

The group used all their propoganda tools to their advantage therefore taking on board large sections of pro-Cadde Gaabow supporters!

That support was further increased by a new election for the mayor of Mogadishu by the same people, who first brought their man Tootowto power and who wanted to oppose the PM's choice of mayor of Mogadishu called Cade Gaabow.

The same group now cunnigly called for new elections in which they elected surprises surprise 'Yes, Cade Gaabow', who fell for the trap!

The government of Somalia was all supporting this as of now their 'man' was endorsed by half of the group that oppsed it first!

The rift between Abdiqassims, Indhacadde's and Aweys camp and the ex-warlords camp was hastened! The downfall of the warlords was imminent because Gaabows and pro-TFG supporters were now fighting the warlords too. People were fighting for their religion and against american intervention because warlords often captured people, for a head-bounty, who weren't even members of Al-Qaida but normal citizens but the warlords didn't care anyway they were getting paid!

Needlessly to say they were crushed and defeated but what people don't understand is the split between Abdiqassim's, Indhacadde's and Awey's camps that of Qanyare's and Yalahow's at a critical injunction!

It was a power contest for Mogadishu in which Abdiqassims group came out on top the war-courts! Now as the propoganda said it was an popular islamic uprising the whole thing has been disguised as a religious undertaking, and as the clan already had Awey's amongst their midst they put him in charge but the controlling factor ofcourse lies with his clan brothers and backers, the Abdiqassims, the fake Sheikh Yusuf Indhacadde's, the Dhuxolows, Daylafs, Cirfo's, Caddanis, Jimcallows and Yusuf Garadoows ofcourse.

That's it for now, please don't force me to further humiliate you by further exposing the mafia and their trade in human misery, charcoal, trafficking of illegal substances, looting, rape, slavery and so much more!

Inshallaah more to come stay tuned,

Yours sincerly Sheikh FiqqiKhayyre known as Abul Islaam Al-Eyli!

Wa billaahi towfiiq,

Paragon   

I'd really like to see the religious/ cultural/ practical justfication for women in hijaabs that can't wonder alone but can go to war.

You want justification, Cano Geel? (Think) Existential threat, when defence is obligatory on everyone. When threats are in nature existential, you know it becomes untenable to practice the 'luck egalitarianism' for which you seem to advocate. Sir, currently, neither men or women have other options but readiness for defence.

Pi   

^^ Dude, I love the usage of high-sounding words (existential, luck egalitariansim) that have no relevance. LOL. But I asked others on this forum before: does the ICU need mothers and their toddlers to act as foot soldiers? I thought, and still think, that the ICU has enough grown men to fight. Why, then, drag along poor women and children? Let's just hope the mothers and their toddlers are only there to boost the morale of the fighters in the ICU.

Paragon   

^^There is a difference between readiness in anticipation of war and participation in war. Do a little research in history and on all nations that have gone to war involving external actors, and you would see a clear pattern; overall national vigilance, unless you wish to restrict the defence of the nation to the duty of men only. Our mothers, and generally, our womenfolk share the same strong feelings towards the nation. It is not something we can hide-and so if they wish to parade in defence of their beloved nation, are we to tell them off for it? No we can't and certainly I can't, maybe YOU can. Tell them no one needs their contributions.