Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

SANAAG: Which one is under attack: the Indigenous folks or Puntland

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Isn't Al-Shabaab an indigenous movement? If the world let them be, Somalia will be in better shape.

Che, we do not have evidence the clan militia in Galgala has links to al-Shabab. If there's a proof to corroborate the alleged charges, I'll be the first to support the de facto State. This is nothing but a clan and resource driven motivation by a "president" who is unfamiliar with the terrain of clan politics in the region. And he is desperately rallying his clan as aired by Universal TV and the tendentious VOA to join his war, one that is based on an ill-designed strategy and that is perfectly aligned with the Uganda incident in which 74 innocents were indiscriminately murdered by al-Shabaab.

Hadn't Atam and his clan militia faught to reverse the mineral and oil rights given to Range Resources, Ltd. Farole would have probably lived in Australia this time. The leader of the same uprising Farole used as a tool to attack Ade Muse's Government is now his #1 public enemy. Why now?

The Pirate card seems to have failed as he himself was implicated in that criminal enterprise. Now it appears the terror card is raised for the same ends.

If I were him, I would first call for a reconciliation between the indigenous clans in Bosaso region and give them a stake as far as the allocation of resources and administration of the region is concerned. An important region like Bosasso needs not an aggreived sub-clans but an inclusive and transperant Admin.

Oodweyne, it's hard for you to fathom PL's internal politics. I'll advise that you view things from a neutral perspective. It's not like my enemy's enemy is my friend. :D

Thankful   

Hadn't Atam and his clan militia faught to reverse the mineral and oil rights given to Range Resources, Ltd. Farole would have probably lived in Australia this time. The leader of the same uprising Farole used as a tool to attack Ade Muse's Government is now his #1 public enemy. Why now

Why now, are you serious. Does Mr. Atam have armed men in the mountains? Why is he living in the mountains? What if every one just had their own private army around Bosasso, do you think that would keep the peace. The man chooses to hide. Any government in the world could not afford to have someone like that so close to their commercial capital. You know and I know that he has armed fighters.

Second, don't start saying Faroole has been implicated, because you completely disregarded the UN report and called it false and used the clan card. If you want I can get your posts that show how you defended Ilka-Jiir and Faroole from that attack, but now you have done a 180 degree turn.

No matter what, Mr. Atam can not be station near Bosasso! You are write on your other posts, when you say we will see.

Thankful   

He or others like Xudeedi will never believe any solid evidence against those that hail from their region. Watch when Mr. Atam comes out and pledges alligence to Al Shabaab, you will see them still defend him. Just like they refuse to say anything negative about Ilka-Jiir who is from his region. They never criticize a single person from their region.

who-me   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Isn't Al-Shabaab an indigenous movement? If the world let them be, Somalia will be in better shape.

Sipping Starbucks on American soil and cheering for alshabaab! Very ironic, isnt it?

NASSIR   

There are still conflicting reports on this seemingly volatile political atmosphere. I resolved to side with the elders' prior proposition and approach, to which PL's current officials ignored with all manner of accusations against the region and its people.

Besides, my earlier analysis, here is a background of this conflict. The Greatest Impediment to Puntland's Progress

NASSIR   

Atom: Annagu Shabaab Kama Tirsanin

Hogaamiyaha Maleeshiyada Galgala Sheekh Atom wuxuu sheegay inaysan wax xiriir ah la lahayn kooxda al-Shabaab.

29 July 2010

Hogaamiyaha maleeshiyada lagu xiriiriyo inay u janjeerto al-Shabaab ayaa sheegay inaysan ka tirsanayn kooxda al-Shabaab.

Sheekh Maxamed Siciid atom oo wareysi khaas ah siiyay Idaacadda VOA ayuu wuxuu ku sheegay inaysan jirin cid ka tirsan al-Shabaab amma ajaanib oo iyaga dhinacooda ka barbar dagaalameysa.

Wuxuu ku eedeeyay maamulka Puntland inay go’doomin ku sameeyeen degmada Galgala, ayna u diideen ayuu yiri dadka shacabka ah inay ka baxaan amma soo galaan Galgala.

Sheekh Atom ayaa sheegay in uusan wadahadal la geli doonin maamulka madaxweyne Faroole oo uu ku tilmaamay mid aan xor ahayn.

http://www1.voanews.com/somali/news/Atom-Annagu-Shabaab-Kama-Tirsanin.html