Sign in to follow this  
Thunder

Music/Singing....haram or it is not

Thunder   

Does singing/music promote zina?

Is it for a muslim person to sing/dance to entertain mases?

How does it make you feel to see a Muslim, especially a muslimah, being promoted as a singer on the net with her underwear showing?

Buubto   

Asalaamu Aleikum WR WB

To answer ur q

I would probably feel sorry for her severing in this world & the life after. secondly i would have asked Allah to direct her to the right path. Is just so sad she is destroying our Muslim name, that is what I would have worried about the most.

About ur other question whether singing & music in general haram or not visit this pages

http://www.themodernreligion.com/misc/hh/music.html

http://ummah.net/alsalafyoon/EnglishPosts/music.html

It just makes me scared when this music is on everywhere we go, whether is in the shops, work, hospitals & etc. Sometimes is hard to ignore but may Allah safe us.

Assalaamu calaykum w w

First thing is 1st for that i would say my Allah guide her to right path, secondly ti hurts too much to c a sister destroy her in dunya and in akhira.

For ur question, music is haram period no questions asked about.

wa salaam

Assalaamu calaykum w w

First thing is 1st for that sis i would say may Allah guide her to right path, secondly it hurts me too much to c a sister destroy her dunya and her akhira.

For ur question, music is haram period no questions asked about.

wa salaam

Xafsa   

This is an article that I think puts to rest exactly what islam thinks of music..for those who dought.

Music in Islam

(Plain and Simple)

By Zahraa

Music in Islam and why those who deny it is haram are commiting an act of kufer. (The rule in islam "denying something in islam that haram to being halal or something halal to being haram is kufer" it renders one a non beliver.) The qur'an and hadeeth, along with the statements of the companions and salaf confirm the prohibition of music.

Surah Luqmaan:06 'and there are among men those who purchase idle talk (music and poetry) in order to mislead others from Allah's path without knowledge, and who throw ridicule upon it 'Idle talk has been interpreted to mean singing, listening and playing of musical intruments by various scholars and companions including Abdullah Ibn Masood ans Abdullah Ibn Abbas. Masood when questioned about the term Idle Talk replied 'I swear besides whom there is no other God, that it refers to singing (ghinaa).

Contrary to popular belief there are a number of Sahih (Authentic) Hadeeth which clearly point to the fact that music, instruments, singing to the accompaniment of instruments etc. are prohibited by the Shari'ah.

Sahih Bukhari> 'there will be those of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful: fornication, the wearing of silk, wine drinking and the use of musical instruments..' The words, 'seek to make lawful', shows that music is not permissible. Furthermore the prohibition of music is mentioned along with major sins like drinking and fornication.

Ibn Majah, Abu Dawood and Ibn Habban>> 'A people of my Ummah will drink wine, calling it by other than that, it's real name. Merriment will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and the singing of female singers. Allah will cleave the Earth under them and turn others into Apes and Pigs'

There are Hadeeths by Haakim Al Mustadrak, Musad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal and Majma uz Zawaaid that say 'Two cursed sounds are that of the wind instrument and that of wailing upon the occurrence of adversity'

Bukhari & Muslim both quote 'Remember! To fill a persons stomach with puss is better than to fill it with poems.'

There are those who will argue that the prophet (saw) liked the sound of the Duff (a small hand drum without steel jingles) The beating of the Duff at weddings was not for the purpose of music, it was to announce the wedding.

An Nasee&Tirmidhi>> 'that which distinguishes the allowed marriage from the forbidden is the sound of the duff'

Though the scholars argue that the use of the duff was even only allowed for women.The duff was used by Arabs without rhythm, melody or any trace of immorality.

In the highly regarded book on fiqu and fatawa FATAWA RAHIMIYAH, it states 'Quawwali ,tabla and musical intruments etc. are absolutley prohibited (haram). It is reported in the Musand of Ibn Abi Al-Dinar that the holy prophet (pbuh) said "In the last era a community from this Ummah will be transformed into monkeys and swines" The companions said "oh apostle of Allah! Will they not be believing in the Kalima 'there is no deity but Allah and Mohammed is his apostle'?" the prophet (saw) said "why not?" the companions asked "then what will be the reason for this punishment?" the prophet (saw) replied "they will adopt the profession of singing and music" he also said "It is a sin to hear music, it is a fault to sit at a musical fete and it is infidelity to derive pleasure from it" (Nisab, b.52,p 103, DM&S vol 5 p 306)

subhanallah i didnt no that either, but than i dont think i would be alone in saying so, music is a big part of our culture so why has it flourished if it has been so clear explained as being haram.

Salaamu Alaikum,

Please Thunder visit Islamic Questions and Answers and ask the in-house sheikhs you will ascertain simply music in most of its essence is forbidden since music tends to act as a mouth-piece for satan and his evil ways (acuudu bilahi mina shaydani rajiim). More often or not the lyrics in modern music are primarily concerned with love themes and intimacy consequently encourage people to perform evil acts like swearing undertaking pre-marital intercourse and blossoming boy/girlfriend relationships which all are forbidden.

I hope this helps akhi.

Mujahid over and out !