Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

I love hockey!!!!!!!!

RedSea   

SALAMU CALAYKUM,

brother qac qaac, I admit that the wild's record is not as good as the Senators. But don't forget the fact that many teams have started like that and when they made they playoff they flanked, same can be said about Ottawa. The senators are 5-0, and allowed 10 goals but by the time they have played 7 games, I bet they will allow more goals than the Wild (14) mark my words. To answer your question, the Wild's record is 4-2-1, they have droped too very close games. They never disappoint me though, if they lose they lose the tight ones. They have two great goals,great defense, and very good coach Jaque Lemaire. The teams like these are built for the playoffs. Along with the their defense comes great checking ,scoring and speed. Attowa has 10 points and Minnesota has 9 which means you are just that much better than us. But every where else we are ahead. Let me check the schedule and see if we meet this season, becuase that would decide our argument on which team is actually better. Yes, we meet on January 16th , we will see you then.

http://www.wild.com/

RedSea   

Hey brother Liiban,

Quit your empty dreams, because all Canadian teams whatever number they are could be in the playoffs and still wouldn't make any difference. At the end of the day the Stanley Cup would be sitting in an American living room. in fact, I don't remember the last time a Canadian team won the Stanley cup. Let me count the last 5 stanley cup champs. Tampa Bay, New Jersey, Detroit, Colarado, and Dalas. I don't remember the last time you actually won any Stanley cups so put the cup on the table or shut up please, because I am tired of this Canadian nonsense.

10/12/2005

7:30 p.m.

Xcel Energy Center

FINAL 1 2 3 TOTAL

VANCOUVER (2-1-1) 0 0 0 0

MINNESOTA (2-1-1) 1 2 3 6

There's just something about the Xcel Energy Center that causes the Wild to...well...excel. ****** puns aside, the difference between the Wild's outings at home and on the road have been staggering. In two road games, the Wild are 0-1-1 with a total of two goals. At home, they are 2-0-0, outscoring opponents, 12-3 including Wednesday night's 6-0 whitewashing of the Vancouver Canucks at the Xcel Energy Center.

"It was our game tonight," said Wild head coach Jacques Lemaire. "I would have a hard time finding a guy who did not play well."

The win pushed the club's home winning streak to a record six games, dating back to March 28 of 2004.

The contest lacked the fireworks that are often prevalent in games between these two clubs, the only explosions were provided by the Wild offense. Wild rookie Matt Foy pocketed the first two goals of his NHL career and the Wild scored on three of their five power plays.

Wild netminder Dwayne Roloson was sensational, earning Star of the Game honors after stopping 33 Vancouver shots.

As impressive as the Wild's scoring exploits have been, what's more impressive has been their efficiency on the penalty kill. Minnesota killed off all eight of Vancouver's power plays, and they are now 26 of 27 on the penalty kill. Only Nashville, which hasn't given up a shorthanded goal this year, has a better percentage.

"The guys are doing exceptionally well on the penalty kill," said Lemaire. "You need that and you need a good goalie."

As they have done each game this season, the Wild jumped on the board first when, on the power play, Andrei Zyuzin's slap shot popped up off a Vancouver stick and floated over the outstretched arm of Canucks netminder Dan Cloutier.

The Wild padded the lead with two second period goals, the first on a rebound goal by team goal-scoring leader, Marc Chouinard, and the second on Matt Foy's first career NHL goal with a one-timer from in close.

Minnesota ran away with the lead in the third period. After being hauled down by Bryan Allen on a breakaway, Pierre-Marc Bouchard converted the Wild's first penalty shot of the year with a wrist shot that beat Cloutier low to his right. Foy then notched goal number two on a bizarre shot from behind the net that he banked off the netminder's leg and into the net. Brian Rolston ended the barrage with a wicked slapper that found it's way through Cloutier's leg pads.

The Wild don't have much time to enjoy the big victory over their fiercest rivals. The two clubs tangle again on Friday night, again at the Xcel Energy Center.

In-Game Commentary

Greetings to the State of Hockey legion and a Happy Rivalry Week to you all! Tonight, we are coming to you from high above ice level in the Al Shaver Press Box at the Xcel Energy Center. Even though we can't see you, I can feel how excited you readers are tonight about tonight's matchup with the Vancouver Canucks. The vibes of anticipation are emanating from the computer screen up here.

You have good reason to be excited as the Wild and Canucks get it on for the first of eight meetings this season. And if you don't get your fill tonight, they'll square off again on Friday night, once again at the Xcel Energy Center.

The Minnesota Wild are looking to rebound from a 0-1-1 road trip out west to Phoenix and Los Angeles. They will be doing so without the services of Marian Gaborik, who is still resting a strained groin, but is expected to be ready by Sunday afternoon's contest with the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. Daniel Tjarnqvist, Scott Ferguson and Andrei Nazarov are the other scratches for the Wild.

Former North Dakota Fighting Sioux Lee Goren is the only scratch for the Canucks tonight.

Dwayne Roloson will get the start for the Wild tonight against the State of Hockey's favorite opposing goaltender, Dan Cloutier who is 5-6-2 against Minnesota in his career.

Joe Schmit, long time local sports and news anchor/legend on Channel 5, got us started tonight with a stirring rendition of "Let's Play Hockey."

Period 1

20:00 - The puck is dropped without incident. A nice clean start to this game.

18:47 - Canucks RW Todd Bertuzzi takes the ice for the first time and is met with a chorus of boos from the astute Minnesota crowd.

18:14 - To the delight of the partisan crowd, Bertuzzi takes a penalty for hooking and heads to teh PB.

17:45 - On the power play, Brian Rolston is alone on the doorstep, but his shot somehow stays out of the net and hits the crossbar.

16:55 - Andrei Zyuzin gets the Wild on the board with a power play slapper that hits a Vancouver player standing on the top of the circle and floats up and over the glove of Dan Cloutier. Pascal Dupuis and Randy Robitaille get the assists.

8:45 - Roloson is tested for the first time tonight as he is forced to make a sliding blocker save on Jarkko Ruutu.

5:39 - Minnesota kills off the second Vancouver power play of the night, and they've held the Canucks to only two shots to the Wild's 10.

3:15 - Matt Foy gets loose behind the Vancouver defense and skates in alone on Cloutier and makes a move to his forehand. Cloutier stays with him and forces him to wait longer than he would have liked, and Foy's shot hits the post.

0:03 - Bertuzzi gets the gate again, and again his crime is hooking. And is it just me, or does he look eerily like Clu Haywood from "Major League?"

Period 2

15:00 - You'll have to excuse the lack of second period updates through the first five minutes. I was sending some photos from tonight's game to the folks in Vancouver. That's all I do is give, give, give. Fortunately, there were no goals in that time frame.

11:45 - After a pair of stupendous saves by Dwayne Roloson, tempers flare in front of the net. Bertuzzi and Alex Henry end up dropping the gloves and going at it. Neither gladiator lands a significant blow as both grab a handful of the other's jersey. It's the first fight for either team this season.

8:43 - An outstanding effort by Brian Rolston behind the Vancouver net leads to Marc Chouinard burying a rebound off of Rolston's tough angle shot. It's Chouinard's team-leading fourth goal of the season. Kyle Wanvig gets an assist in addition to Rolston.

5:39 - Pascal Dupuis emerges from the penalty box at the perfect time as the puck is sent out of the Wild's zone. Dupuis goes to the forehand, but he can't raise the puck over the pad of a sprawled out Dan Cloutier.

2:30 - Wild rookie Matt Foy makes a memory, scoring his first career NHL goal, slamming home a Randy Robitaille centering pass from point-blank range. Alexandre Daigle gets the other assist on the power play tally.

0:00 - The second period ends with another stellar period for the homeboys. The Wild head to the locker room enjoying a 3-0 lead.

Period 3

17:36 - Dwayne Roloson has sparkled early in the third period, making save after difficult save on the Canucks power play unit.

17:28 - While speeding through the neutral zone, the Wild's Todd White is upended by Vancouver defenseman Bryan Allen with a knee-to-knee hit. Obviously shaken, White skates off the ice and hobbles to the locker room.

15:48 - Even before Wild media relations guru, Aaron Sickman can get down to the locker room to check on White's status, White makes his way to the bench. "He's a warrior," says Sickman, who would know a "warrior" when he sees one.

12:13 - Head scratching call of the night comes when Wade Brookbank hog-ties Pierre-Marc Bouchard behind the net, but it's Bouchard who gets called for diving. Needless to say, the Team of 18,000 is less than pleased.

10:06 - After springing from the box, Bouchard gets loose on a breakaway and is pulled down by Bryan Allen. He is awarded a penalty shot and he buries a quick wrist shot low to Cloutier's right. The irony of the moment is not lost on this writer, because had that questionable call not been made, we'd still be at 3-0.

6:23 - The Wild kill off the seventh Vancouver power play of the night. Minnesota has now killed off 25 of 26 opponent power plays on the season.

6:22 - It didn't take long for Matt Foy to notch career goal number two. The rookie picked up a loose puck behind the net and bounced it in off the back of Cloutier's leg.

1:25 - Brian Rolston unleashes the fury on an already shellshocked Cloutier. Using Wes Walz as a decoy on a two-on-one, Rolston blasts a slap shot that trickles through Cloutier's pads. It's Rolston's first goal in a Wild uniform.

0:00 - The Wild send a message to their rivals with a resounding 6-0 pasting of the Nux. Dwayne Roloson posts his 17th career shutout and his third against Vancouver.

Post-Game Notes

MINNESOTA WILD NOTES (2-1-1, 5 pts.)

The Minnesota Wild won its club record sixth straight home game tonight with a 6-0 defeat of Vancouver. Dating back to the 2003-04 season, the Wild has won its past six at home and eight of its past nine.

Minnesota now has a 9-8-5-0 advantage in the all-time series against Vancouver.

The Wild power play, 3-for-14 and ranked 7th in the league heading into tonight’s action, went three-for-five tonight. The Wild have now scored a power play goal in three of its four games this season and are five-for-eight on the power play at home this season.

C Marc Chouinard tallied his team-leading fourth goal in as many games this season with a second-period score. His four goals this season is tied for the second most he’s scored in any NHL season.

RW Pierre-Marc Bouchard tallied his first goal of the season when he converted on a third-period penalty shot. It was the second penalty shot attempt this season for the Wild, who are now one-for-two on the season and 8-for-15 all-time on penalty shot attempts. Bouchard is the team leader with five points (1-4=5) in four games.

C Brian Rolston notched a goal and an assist tonight and now has a point in three of four Wild games this season.

D Andrei Zyuzin, making his first appearance since the season opener, tallied the first Wild goal, a first-period power play score. It was Zyuzin’s first goal of the season and his first in 18 career games against the Canucks.

RW Matt Foy scored the first two goals of his NHL career tonight and now has three points (2-1=2) in four games.

G Dwayne Roloson stopped all 33 shots he faced and claimed his 17th career shutout tonight and 15th in a Wild uniform.

Minnesota owns a 6-4-2-0 all-time record against the Canucks at Xcel Energy Center

3 STARS OF THE GAME

1. Roloson - MIN

2. Foy - MIN

3. Robitaille - MIN

Game Notes

Lineup Card

Wild Notes

Canucks Notes

A long time has passed and some of the names have changed, but the feelings still remain. The Vancouver Canucks, the Wild's biggest rivals, are coming to town on Wednesday, as if every Wild player, coach and fan didn't already know this since the day the schedule was released and everyone circled it with a red pen.

Bertuzzi, Cooke, Ruutu, Cloutier. The names make us laugh. They makes us angry. They make everyone in the State of Hockey legion want to strap on the pads and throw the weight around. But, we'll leave that to our boys in the Forest Green and Iron Range Red. After all, they're really the ones who've had to put up with the shenanigans of the Shamu-clad 'Nucks.

If you're unfamiliar with the story of the Wild and Canucks, here is a brief history:

11/26/00 - In the first-ever meeting between the clubs, Antti Laaksonen scores the first hat trick in Wild history and Minnesota wins, 4-2.

12/22/01 - The clubs combine for 84 penalty minutes, 50 by Vancouver including 29 minutes between Matt Cooke and Todd Bertuzzi alone. Several fights erupt and the first sign of bad blood is shown.

3/2/02 - These guys officially don't like each other. In the very next meeting, they again combine for 84 penalty minutes, this time with the Wild commiting 50 minutes worth.

12/7/02 - Marian Gaborik explodes for three goals, and the Canucks explode with anger. Matt Cooke levels Gaborik well after he picked up his third goal, while Ed Jovanovski gets a five minute major and a game misconduct for boarding. Ex-Wild enforcer Matt Johnson squares off with Murray Baron in the final minute of play.

4/25/03-5/8/03 - A lot happened in this two week span which consisted of the Conference Semifinals, including: a melee at the end of the Wild's Game Two win that included five game misconducts, Todd Bertuzzi telling Wild fans not to buy tickets to Game Six, because there wouldn't be a Game Six, Ed Jovanovski scoring a tying goal in Game Four and then celebrating by racing to the other end, sliding on his keister and pretending to "paddle" with his stick, and, oh yeah, the Wild coming back from a three-games-to-one deficit to win the seven game series.

11/8/03 - Ex-Wild blueliner Brad Brown gets in two first period fights with two different Canucks at GM Place in a 4-3 Canucks win.

2/19/04 - The piece de resistance. The clubs combine for a whopping 95 minutes in penalties. A stick-wielding Johnson bursts from the box after serving a third period penalty and makes a run at Cooke who spears Johnson in the stomach as if to slay the not-so-gentle giant.

That all leads up to Wednesday's game, the first of eight, count 'em, EIGHT meetings between the rivals. They'll go at it again on Friday night. And we just may have another entry to add to our list of why these clubs do not like each other.

About Us | Contact Us | FAQ's | Site Index | Employment | Advertising | Code of Conduct | Privacy Policy ©2000-2005 Minnesota Sports & Entertainment

J.Lee   

Wordette, come on you are no Canadian, you are one of those skinny Somali brothers. I live in the United States and I never claim to be an American although I qualify for citizenship. Don't assaciate with those ****** please.They are all ****** whether it's U.S, Canada or any where else where infidels accupy.

I'm not a canadian, Thank God, and I have Skinny Somali brothers but fortunately I'm not one maandhow. I never, at least in this post, claimed to be an American but I was raised here(hence the word "bred").

Btw. You could tell what the words substituted by the asterisk signs are? My curiosity is gotten a hold of me and won’t let me go.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Red sea:

[QB] I don't remember the last time a Canadian team won the Stanley cup.

]

The last 2 Canadian teams to win the Cup were Calgary(!!!!) in 1989 and Montreal in 1993.

Vancouver did make it to the finals in '94 but couldn't get past the New York Rangers,and Calgary(!!!!) got there in '04,but lost to Tampa Bay.

Pucca   

watched the 04 game...calgary came so close and when they lost *sniff* it was indeed a very heartbreaking moment.

not to worry though; this year will be different.

Qac Qaac   

red sea i guess u said, sens would allow more goals.. well 2 days ago they played against tampa bay who happend to be stanly cup holders.. and guess what tampa only managed to score 1 goal on them.. while ott scored 4.. final game 4-1..

anyways, jan 16th u say.. ok.. i hope u guys don't loose anymore games.. while we have to take care of our devision again.. so we could hold number spot.. in the easty..

and yeah before i forget, i think wilds just lost.. so their record is 4-3.. so u tell me, how many goals they allowed.. loool.. bro no hard feelings.. but honestly no competition between the 2 teams..

p.s. r u hoping, for the sens to have a bad playoff year.. coz all i see is hope.. so far sens got, best goally, best defenders, and ok scorers, they are not clicking yet.. u will see all the top players of sens make it to the play off games.. that's for sure..

Baluug   

LOL Qac Qaac,it won't be long before Minnesota runs outta steam and Calgary takes their place.CGY vs. OTT for the cup!!

Pucca   

CGY vs. OTT for the cup!!

:( so you just drop us like a hot potato eh...couldn't you atleast 'pretend' we didn't suck so bad? i mean couldn't u just say that the leafs could win a couple of games and perhaps bring the cup?

:( it really hurts to be pushed to the side this early ...ouch i say ouch!

RedSea   

SALAMU CALAYKUM,

Thanks brother Liiban for the little history lesson and wow I had no idea, I mean I knew that no Canadian team had won a cup a while but I never thought it was that long ago.It's a bid shocking that the land of hockey hasn't had team to bring the cup to Canada since 1993. That finally explains why you guys are desperate over the early success of some Canadian teams like Attowa, Montreal and Vancouver. Thanks though for the insight. As far as regarding Qac Qaac's claim that the Minnesota Wild lost a game last night. I would say this, I don't know where you got your info, but the Minnesota Wild I know took care of business last night against St.louis blues. The blues were leading midway through the second period when the Wild flashed their league leading power play unit and scored two quick goals to tie the game and then finished them off with third period goal. The Wild are now 5-2-1 with 11 points. Thus far they have scored 30 goals while giving up only 16. Let us wait for Attowa when they have played 8 games if they can keep their goals allowed under 16. And I am not even going to respond to your claims that the Wild aren't good team so, let us wait when we meet shall we? that will decide and save us few more time to brag. Those are the facts, but I am still wondering where you got the idea that the Wild lost, maybe you are confusing them with Attowa minor league hockey. http://www.wild.com/

Baluug   

Originally posted by Pucca:

quote: CGY vs. OTT for the cup!!

:(

so you just drop us like a hot potato eh...couldn't you atleast 'pretend' we didn't suck so bad? i mean couldn't u just say that the leafs could win a couple of games and perhaps bring the cup?

it really hurts to be pushed to the side this early ...ouch i say ouch!
LOL I didn't forget about the Leafs,Pucca.

It's just that Toronto always plays Ottawa in the playoffs and Ottawa always wins.Actually I don't think Toronto has ever won a playoff series against Ottawa....

Red Sea,

Here are the Stanley Cup winners from '79 to present..

'78-'79-Montreal Canadiens

'79-'80-New York Islanders

'80-'81-New York Islanders

'81-'82-New York Islanders

'82-'83-New York Islanders

'83-'84-Edmonton Oilers

'84-'85-Edmonton Oilers

'85-'86-Montreal Canadiens

'86-'87-Edmonton Oilers

'87-'88-Edmonton Oilers

'88-'89-Calgary Flames

'89-'90-Edmonton Oilers

'90-'91-Pittsburgh Penguins

'91-'92-Pittsburgh Penguins

'92-'93-Montreal Canadiens

'93-'94-New York Rangers

'94-'95-New Jersey Devils

'95-'96-Colorado Avalanche

'96-'97-Detroit Red Wings

'97-'98-Detroit Red Wings

'98-'99-Dallas Stars

'99-'00-New Jersey Devils

'00-'01-Colorado Avalanche

'01-'02-Detroit Red Wings

'02-'03-New Jersey Devils

'03-'04-Tampa Bay Lightning

'04-'05-No one(lockout)

'05-'06-Calgary Flames!!!!!!!!!!!Oh yeah baby!!!!

RedSea   

SALAMU CALAYKUM,

I AM SENSINING ALL YOU DO LIIBAN IS STARE AT THE GLARE OF THE TV SCREEN. YOU ARE FREAKING ME OUT A LITTLE ABOUT HOW DESPERATE YOU ARE GETTING, SETTLE DOWN BRO. IT SEEMS YOU HAVE BEEN COUNTING THE YEARS PAST BY WITHOUT A STANLEY CUP VICTORY. WELL I HAVE BAD NEWS FOR YOU, THE gods of HOCKEY JUST DECIDED THAT CALGARY ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH AS OF YET. SO IF I WERE YOU I WOULD ERASE THAT LAST LINE OF YOUR LIST JUST TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE MINNESOTA WILD WHO GAVE YOU WHIPPING IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

SALAMU CALAYKUM AND RAMADAN KARIM.

RedSea   

Originally posted by liibaan:

quote:Originally posted by Pucca:

[qb]
CGY vs. OTT for the cup!!

so you just drop us like a hot potato eh...couldn't you atleast 'pretend' we didn't suck so bad? i mean couldn't u just say that the leafs could win a couple of games and perhaps bring the cup?

it really hurts to be pushed to the side this early ...ouch i say ouch!
LOL I didn't forget about the Leafs,Pucca.

It's just that Toronto always plays Ottawa in the playoffs and Ottawa always wins.Actually I don't think Toronto has ever won a playoff series against Ottawa....

Red Sea,

Here are the Stanley Cup winners from '79 to present..

'78-'79-Montreal Canadiens

'79-'80-New York Islanders

'80-'81-New York Islanders

'81-'82-New York Islanders

'82-'83-New York Islanders

'83-'84-Edmonton Oilers

'84-'85-Edmonton Oilers

'85-'86-Montreal Canadiens

'86-'87-Edmonton Oilers

'87-'88-Edmonton Oilers

'88-'89-Calgary Flames

'89-'90-Edmonton Oilers

'90-'91-Pittsburgh Penguins

'91-'92-Pittsburgh Penguins

'92-'93-Montreal Canadiens

'93-'94-New York Rangers

'94-'95-New Jersey Devils

'95-'96-Colorado Avalanche

'96-'97-Detroit Red Wings

'97-'98-Detroit Red Wings

'98-'99-Dallas Stars

'99-'00-New Jersey Devils

'00-'01-Colorado Avalanche

'01-'02-Detroit Red Wings

'02-'03-New Jersey Devils

'03-'04-Tampa Bay Lightning

'04-'05-No one(lockout)

'05-'06-Minnesota Wild, that is more like it.

RedSea   

Sorry guys I am just trying to reach 50 post mark so I can be a nomad. I am not like someone of you who are hitting the thousand mark, that is just out of this planet.