Sign in to follow this  
Nur

I am also a Shia too!

Viking   

Bro Nur,

There is one thing I avoid very much, that is saying who can be considered a Muslim and who can not. You question is clear; you asked, given my understanding...Can the Shia be a fourth Mad-hab? or part of islam?

Now this might prompt someone to say an YES or NO, but in reality, it isn't as easy. You (claim) to quote from Shi'a sources and to which I said I (and many other nomads) could not confirm or refute your quotes from Shi'a sources because we have no access to them.

Likewise, someone can quote from the Qur'an by saying that Suratul Ma'un says..."Ah woe to the worshippers", and anyone who doesn't know what the next verse says ("Who are neglectful of their prayers") will believe that worshipping is lamented. I'm not implying that you were quoting out of context but would like to see what Mutakalim's take is on the issues you raised because they are grave.

That is why I said we are better of waiting for his response to the issues you raised. This might seem as "dodging" the question to some and a simpleton might intepret it as "hiding" my beliefs. But neither are true because I have no authority or cilm to declare someone who says THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH a non-Muslim and have no reason at all for concealing my beliefs.

There is a lot of controversy when it comes to what can or can not be considered part of Islam. Currently, the "Salafi" (as I've understood) are against the following of any particular madhab. Although they hail from the Hanbali school, they do sometimes write pretty nasty stuff about Abu Hanifa, a man whose contributions are widely rspected and appreciated by Muslims in general.

Nur   

Viking bro.

So, I assume that you have chosen # 3, for an answer, that you have no cilim (knowledge) enough to accept that someone who says La ilaaha illa Allah can be out of islam, even if it is true that they indeed believe all the aqeedah I have collected from their books and imaams.

This leads to me to another question.

We all know that Salaat, prayer, has Nawaaqidh.( what makes the salaat invalid) such as talking, eating or etc. So if a person talks in Salaat, he has to repeat his salaat.

1. Does Islam has a boundary of conditions and Nawaaqidh that renders our claim invalid if we break these conditions, in action or in words even if a person says the Shahaada? or is Islam a faith that only depends on the Shahaada alone regardless of the actions?

2. If you say that Islam has conditions and nawaaqidh, my question is what are these Nawaaqidh according to your understanding? and do the list of aqeedah of the Shia in this thread, GIVEN THEY ARE TRUE, pose any question as to the validity of their Islam?

Nur

Miss OG-Girl you state:

Unfortunety we don't have a system to follow. All they've done was to collect them.

I can say with confidence I have faith in whatever I believe. Because the Prophet told us to follow the Ahlulbeyt ,I am not going to assume I can accept any/and all shia ahadiths relating to aqaed

Og-girl, if you do not have a system to distinguish falshood from the truth, how can u be sure the Nabi(salalahu alayhi wa salam ) commanded you to follow Ahlul Bayt? your a student of Knowledge, Viking is tryin to pass you off as someone who is not capable of shedin light on shiasm. I disgree!

Viking,

Your rethoric is astonishing! Bro,whether you've access to Shia materials or if your understanding is limited aint the issue. Bro, simply compare your your aqeeda(which i hope u know) with what he has research. YOu could say, "YEs...in accorance with what you have research IF that is shiaim, then it conflicts my with understand..etc"

Abdi2005   

Originally posted by Viking:

There is a lot of controversy when it comes to what can or can not be considered part of Islam. Currently, the "Salafi" (as I've understood) are against the following of any particular madhab. Although they hail from the Hanbali school, they do sometimes write pretty nasty stuff about Abu Hanifa, a man whose contributions are widely rspected and appreciated by Muslims in general.

Can you please show us the nasty stuff that salafi supposedly write about Imam Abu hanifah. For your information salfi come from different madhabs our somali scholars are mostly shafii salafi and they are not hanbali. Salafi can follow particular madhab but ar against blind following something this great imams have warned us against because no one is masuum. And something most important in salafi manhaj is referring to quran and sunnah and salaf which is means following all the imams and taking the strongest evidence instead of sticking to one imam us if he was masuum. Imaam Shaafi said "When you find in my kitaab anything contradicting the Sunnah of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) then say (i.e. command) the Sunnah of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) and leave aside my statement."

Viking   

Nur,

I can see that you are closing one door after another, trying to get me to condemn the beliefs of the Shi'a :D There are various actions and beliefs that can make your faith invalid. Equating anyone or anything to Allah SWT is top of the list. The claims that Allah SWT is NOT perfect and hence changes His mind is one of the things that can make your faith void, this would be implying that He is not All-Knowing and that goes against the core beliefs of Islam. But then again, it is the task of the Shi'a in the forums to come forward and clear this issue up by confirming or refuting them. What I think about them (whether they are in the fold of Islam or not) is not important and will not change anything.

Salafi,

I understand how simple this must seem to you. You have gone out in the open and criticized well known and respected Sunni scholars based on the opinions of other scholars whom you believe to share an Aqeedah with; this must seem like a walk in the park for you. I'll stick to my position and not accuse anyone of kufr, call it rhetoric or what not, I call it common sense.

Abdi2005,

All you need to do (for starters) is google the word "Abu Hanifa" and "Salafi" and you'll probably find something to read on the subject. As for Salafis, they are originally Hanbalis. This is a fact and is not even worth arguing over, you can confirm with bro Nur here if you doubt what I say.

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

quote: Originally posted by Salafi:

Og-girl, if you do not have a system to distinguish falshood from the truth,

I agree we don't have a very good system but no one can deny that we got thousands of Sahih ahadeth.

Thank you very much OG GIRL..

how can u be sure the Nabi(salalahu alayhi wa salam ) commanded you to follow Ahlul Bayt?

There are Sahih ahadeths , when I say Sahih I mean sahih Al-tawater. And don't forget these ahadeths we share with Sunna. We know that
the hadith "The Quran and the Sunnah" is actually weak, and
"The Quran and the Ahlulbayt"
is not only sahih but also mutawater. So this is a mutawater sahih hadith, and is recorded in sunna as well as shia books.

However, Alhamdullilh that I'm a shia but I got many things to figure out before I do the "taqleed.For now I'm Shia in the fiqh and in the belief of Imams. However, I have many problems with many shia when it cames to beliefs and practise,that is not a secret.I guess in my aqaeed, I'm somewhere between Sunna and Shia.

Salam
NOTE

OG GIRL is almost crossing the Bridge..She said she is just between SUNNI and SHIA and that is a very good sign..alhamdulillah.Sunni brothers/sisters please try help fill the Gap. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Haddad   

..Zaidia (my mom) and Ethna-Asharia (my dad)..

Girls tend to follow their mothers. That's a fact.

Originally posted by Haddad:

Girls tend to follow their mothers. That's a fact.

^^Interesting My mums Ibadhi and Dad Sunni, I relate more with the Sunni. Remember Ma teaching us to pray as Sunni. As we are supposed to follow our fathers beleif.

Nur   

WOL

youw write: Interesting My mums Ibadhi and Dad Sunni, I relate more with the Sunni. Remember Ma teaching us to pray as Sunni. As we are supposed to follow our fathers beleif .

Dear sis

Very interesting, your mom is very likely an Omani, am I right?

OG Girl

Zaydia? I guess your mom is Yemeni from the mountains, Zaidia the closest to Alul Sunnah, are actually accepted by the Sunni Ulema, they gave as great Scholars like Sheikh Sancaani and Imam Shawkaani, two great Zaydi imaams whose books are studied by mainstream Sunnah students.

Nur

Haddad   

My mom is an Egyption but her roots from Turkish (from bashawat.LOL)and Arab tribes from Arab peninsula.But my father is half Bedouin Yemanian from Albeytha mountains between farmer South Yeman and North Yeman.

I see you're a hybrid. There are quite some Somalis who are similar to you.

^^^^^Interesting OG GIRL...we are not pressuring you to follow any type of a belief.What we are saying is that you are a mature individual(By the way what was your age)..and that you can make up your mind.Don't get into Mother and Dad stories..Just try to reach a 'Consensus' On the best method of reaching Allah Subhanahu Wataala..

^^^^Give the lady all the moral she needs.

Thank you all. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Nur   

OG Girl

Thats wonderful breed, I am sure that your mom is remnants of the Fatimiyyah Dynasty, or the Turkish Mamaaleek ruling Dynasty of Egypt, anyway, Egypt is a thrilling place to be, I still remember The Muhandiseen neighborhood, where my fovorite drinks were Haleeb al jaamuus that was brought to us by this Saidiyah lady from her farm. But where is your Somali ingredient, I thought your dad was from Qabri Daharre?

WOL,

I knew I could not miss the Ibadhi Omani connection, I used to have a friend from Oman who educated me about Oman's history and peoples.

Nur

Egypt is a thrilling place to be, I still remember The Muhandiseen neighborhood, where my fovorite drinks were Haleeb al jaamuus that was brought to us by this Saidiyah lady from her farm.

hay shikh nur it seems u have been so many places.so u used to live in Muhandiseen.i have been in there many times but i used to live in medan alxejaaz near to medan salaxidiin .anywayz when were you in egypt.i mean was it a couple years ago.i left there 4 years ago

OG-GURL

where you live now sister?if u don't mind smile.gif

to prove if I was Somali.

quote:

I got a proof that my grandfather was born in Wajeer(NFD)but he's been told that his grandfather was from Qabridahare but his family left Wajeer at age of 8 to Aden Yemen, married from there then, his son who is my father was born .. Then moved to Egypt married from there... moved to Saudi Arabia early 50s then moved to Kuwait 1956... See I can trace my roots ...

That is my prove.

جدي عندما يداعب جدتي يقول لها أنتم
أصلا لستم عرب بل قبائل من اليهوداليمن التى اسلمت وتزاوجت من القبائل الأخري .أعتقد هذا ÙŠÙسر هوسي الشديد بالتاريخ Ùأي أرض مر بها أسلاÙÙŠ مرور الكرام تراني أدعي بأنها الأرض الميعاد....لوووووول

:D:D

I don't know what that makes me Somali.

..............*******************.....................****************************

OG GIRL...do u have some relations with the JEWS OF YEMEN..as you tried to put it in arabic or am confused with that translation.Girl you havent shown some Somaliness but only tried to trace your roots to NFD KENYA.I know many SOL nomads ain't somalis at all but make threads look 'REAL'.

I think we should be straight with the aim of the topic..about Shia and come up with a clear line between SUNNI and SHIA.it would be confusing to relate both as they are follwing different ways of ISLAM.

Salam
Go back to the TOPIC... smile.gifsmile.gif