Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

A/Y In a Serious Condition at a Hospital in Nairobi

NAIROBI, Dec 4 (Reuters) - Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf is in "serious" condition at a hospital in the Kenyan capital, a security official said on Tuesday.

"He is what you would classify as a serious condition. He flew into Nairobi this morning and went straight to Nairobi Hospital," the security official said on condition of anonymity.

Jacpher   

^Riyaale.

Somali leader rushed to hospital

Somalia's interim President Abdullahi Yusuf has been taken to hospital in the Kenyan capital, the BBC has learnt.

His condition is said to be "serious" but there are no further details. He had a liver transplant in the 1990s.

He was named president in 2004 after protracted peace talks in Kenya but has not been able to end years of conflict.

Mr Yusuf's Ethiopia-backed government is battling Islamist insurgents and the UN says that more than one million people are homeless in Somalia.

He is to be flown to London for treatment and has cancelled a meeting on Wednesday with regional leaders.

The news comes as four ministers resigned from the cabinet named by Mr Yusuf's newly appointed Prime Minister Nur Hussein Hassan.

The ministers complained that their Rahanwein clan was under-represented in the government.

Mr Yusuf, 73, had been due to travel to the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa for Wednesday's meeting between regional leaders and US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

He is a northerner, from Puntland, and a member of the ***** clan who had been an army commander during Siad Barre's rule and subsequently a guerrilla leader.

President Yusuf controversially enlisted the help of the Ethiopian army to oust the Union of Islamic Courts from the capital, Mogadishu in December 2006.

The past year has seen increasing levels of violence as the Islamists battle the Ethiopian-backed government, rendering Mogadishu too unsafe for the government which has been forced to operate out of Baidoa.

Somalia has not had a functioning national government since 1991.

Abwaan   

Shaqadaan uu Duke qaban jirey wax qabta maleh. War bal nimankaan indho adaygooda fiiri, qofka bani'aadamka ah waa jirran karaa ee wuu xanuunsaday maa iska dhahaan sababta uu Nairobi u aaday? Madaxda Ingiriiska ayuu la kulmayaa ku lehe!

Baydhabo: Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Soomaaliya oo ka dhoofey Baydhabo.

4. december 2007

APL

Tool

Send This Article To A Friend By Email | Saaxiibkaa warkaan ugu *** Email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print This Article | Daabaco warkaan

Baydhabo(AllPuntland)- Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Soomaaliya Md.C/laahi Yuusuf Axmed ayaa diyaarad khaas ah ay ka qaaday Magaalada Baydhabo isagoo ku siijeeda Magaalada London.

Safarka Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya ayaa lasheegay in ay ka danbeysay ,Arimo Caafimaad oo dhinaca Madaxweynaha ah iyo Arimo kale oo uu halkaasi utagayo ,ayagoo markaasina Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya uu la kulmayo Madaxda dalkaasi Ingiriiska.

Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya ayaa safarkaasina wuxuu yahay mid aan horey loosii sheegin ,ayadoo wax yarna ka hor intii uusan duulin uu kulan la qaatey Madaxda kale ee dowlada Soomaaliya oo ay ka mid yihiin Prof: Dalxa iyo Nuur Cadde ,isagoo kala hadlay arimaha Soomaaliya.

Madaxda dowlada ayaa si gaar ah diirada usaaray arimaha Xukuumada Cusub oo ay waqtigan ka soo baxayaan eedaymo badan iyo Mucaarado uga imaanaya Beelaha Soomaalida ,qaar ka mid ah oo doonaya in ay iska dhex arkaan Xukuumada Cusub.

Madaxweynaha ayaa kula dardaarmay Kusimaha Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya Prof: Maxamed Cumar Dalxa in uu arimaha dowlada waxyaabo badan ka qabto ,isla markaana uu la socdo Isbadalada Siyaasadeed ee dalka Soomaaliya.

Md.Yuusuf ayaa markaasi ka dib loo galbiyay Garoonka diyaaradaha ee Magaalada Baydhabo oo masaafo ujira Magaalada Baydabo ,isagoo halkaasi ay ku sa gootiyeen Raysalwasaare Nuur Xasan Xuseen ,Gudoomiye kuxigeenka baarlamaanka Soomaaliya Prof: Maxamed Cumar Dalxa iyo Golayaasha Baarlamaanka iyo Xukuumada Soomaalida.

Socdaalka Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya ayaa ku soo beegmaya xili maalmahaan lafilayay in uu tago Magaalada Addis Ababa ,isagoo waqtigan Safarkiisa uweeciyay Magaalada London ,halkaasi oo kula kulmayo Madaxda dalkaasi oo arinta Soomaaliya siweyn uga wada hadlayaan.

Faarax C/qaadir Geylan

AllPuntland

I find this funny....

But the government and diplomats played down the threat to his health.

"He is not as serious as we thought. He was not carried by an ambulance. He went in his Mercedes to the hospital," Ali Mohamed Sheikh, chief of protocol at the Somali embassy to Kenya, told Reuters

Reuters

Nephissa   

Comments here celebrating such a sad event are contemptable, but predictable.

As much as I dislike the man, his policies, and what he's brought to Somalia, that's one line I can't cross. After all he's a muslim and a good father to his daughters.

Allaha caafiyo!

Originally posted by Nephthys:

As much as I dislike the man, his policies, and what he's brought to Somalia, that's one line I can't cross. After all he's a muslim and a good father to his daughters.

Allaha caafiyo!

A lot of people want his head on platter and I don't blame them.

Jacpher   

It ain't so much about celebration ina-eedo. It's wishing odaga a good farewell and less innocent blood on his shoulders.

I was told a nomad sent his relatives and neighbors a shopping spree upon the news of the death of warlord Caydiid. I doubt if JB has similar celebration plans.

Juje   

He cant fly out to London tonite - doctors insisted he should be under observations for the next 48 hours.

May Allah SWT ease the pain for him and that of his family and I pray for his recovery. Death is the last thing I wanna wish on C/llahi Yusuf since my opposition to his policies do not warrant his demise.

Fabregas   

I hope this isn't the last decision he leaves this earth with:

quote:It said it was deeply concerned that the delivery of food aid was being restricted. Ports and airports have been closed and a road convoy halted.

The UN says one million Somalis are homeless because of the fighting.

The head of the national security service said President Abdullahi Yusuf had ordered restrictions to be imposed on the region immediately.

Meanwhile, Mr Yusuf has been taken to hospital in Nairobi. Officials say he is fine but others said he was in a "serious" condition.