Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Was Djabouti a PR stunt?

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Northerner:

My reality checks on here can be taken as not wishing for Somalia to be peaceful but I tend to leave that to the
simpletons
like yourself and KK but Xiin and Che seem to have joined the fray now. Those who know me can attest to my wish for a peaceful Somalia. I don't need to defend myself against simpletons.

:D:D This is so comical even KK can't digest it...Tan waxaawaaye beerka, boga, kilyaha, feeraha, dhabarka iyo indhaha...

KK, as usual you contribute very little to the discussion. Keep it up eedo. Don't surprise us
;)

And you think with your usual half a line contributes anything to any topic? :confused: What's the phrase I am looking for here,

hmmmmmm, I am sure it was something about a pot and kettle (help me here Norf)...

I am surprised thou maanta inaa dadaashay oo half a page soo qortay, still full of nada!!! icon_razz.gif

Ta ta my dear!!

Northerner...It is not matter of you wishing us ill. It is just that you have no real stake in Somalia and your interests are not at risk and definately it is not your cities that are being blown to bits while your people are at each other throats with the enemy taking advantage of your disunity. At the end of the night, you can sleep clamly knowing Somalis are in dire situation. And that doesn't reflect negatively on you.

I could always walk to a Palestinian and tell him that I feel his pain, but really do I?. My intentions are good, but it's nothing more than lip service. And I could strike a conversation about their political climate,and put in my cents by concluding any deal between Hamas and Abbas would just be gimmick or PR stunt therefore reducing their hope to little more than chit chat about their people's misfortunes. I'm your intentions are well Saaxib, but they just don't reflect our hopes and pains.Conversation about our tragedy is just another passing moment in your day and doesn't weigh heavily your mind.

I don't understand why people like to turn off the reality and live in a dreams.

We all want Somalia to be back but let's be always realistic here. How many shirar baa la qabtay, some predicted inaanay waxba ka soo baxayn then accused them of being cadowga soomaalida but the truth came later markii meesha lagu kala dareeray.

how many agreements have been signed throughout the 17 years ,, from Djibouti to Sodare, to Cairo to Nairobi. ,, it causes more warlords and more wars.

This one in Djibouti is one and the same as the others ,,,, ppl have to realise. Somalia need to talk face to face and sort their issues out without any foreign interferance. Maalintaa uun baa xal la gaadhayaa. Marka la isu tanaasulo, toos loo wada hadlo, dadka shisheeye meesha laga saaro ee hadafka guud loo wada adeego. Hadii kele marba meel baa ruwaayad 4 bilood socota lagu dhigi doonaa oo markay dhamaato mid kele bilaabato.

^You miss the point by mile,but point taken about Somalis sitting together with any foriegn parties in the process. That said,we all want to see Somaliland become an independent nation :D

dawladii dhalan maysso inta t f g

cabdiqeybdiid

Muhammad dhere uu dummarka nigiska xammar kala bixii jiiray is in town and all these other warlords backed bye the Ethiopians

aniga ii weydii

N.O.R.F   

Che, I didnt know it was a 'I'm from Xamar and thus feel more pain than you (the reer SL)' competition. I always thought it was a right vs wrong issue. My stance is clear to all and I'm yet to see anyone bring anything with substance as why they feel it is wrong. Throwing in the 'you're a seccessionist' line is getting tedious.

KK,

Come on dear. Work those brain cells. I'm sure you can come up with something :D

What was the saying about using humour to cover your weaknesses? icon_razz.gif

'you're a seccessionist'

Where I do say that? And the fact remains you got nothing to lose in Somalia.I'm morally opposed to Isreali occupation, but what does that do for a Palestinian.

N.O.R.F   

^^I wasnt saying it was you.

Nothing to lose? Lives have been destroyed due to a warlord being at the helm coupled with an Ethiopian invasion and occupation. But hey my concern is simply a case of the cyber northerner I guess.

Maybe I should become a TFG cheerleader to show my nationalism and love for Somlis ;)

^^You are a secessionist :D ! Oops! Sorry, Northern! But dont you support Somaliland's aspiration to secede from Somalia? Isn't that called secessionism :D . ?

But all of those things dont matter, so lets og back to your protest about how certain nomads characterized you in this thread. You didn’t just ask a question yaa N. Lest you forgot, good Northern, you asserted that ‘Nothing has come about, none of the main players were present’ ! Granted it was little presumptuous of me to imply all secessionists are impaired to see the good things when those good things occur outside of SL parameter. But you did show some hastiness in your denial of the significance of what I consider to be a very momentous event that just got wrapped up in Jabbuuti.

Believe me adeer this, the Jabbuuti conference, is a game-changer in many ways. If these talks succeed in bringing about a timetable withdrawal agreement between the both sides, it will have a huge ramification on the political stability and transitioning of the country. There are people who really miss the point in Somali conflict and Ethiopia’s involvement. I have never counted you amongst those. I thought you were well aware of Ethiopia’s involvement is directly proportional to the level of division between Somalis. What these talks are helping to do is to prove that Somalis despite their fundamental disagreements can sit down and talk to each other. Ethiopia is not an empire. It’s a poor, weak African country that has a very shaky foundation in terms of her ethnic composition and political volatility. Her withdrawal will depend on Somalis. If Somalis agree to come together and save their country, Ethiopia will have no choice but to depart from Somalia. If however Somalis continue repeating the useless slogans like ‘Ethiopian occupation must end before we can talk to each other’ and like, then Ethiopia stands to prevail and continue her policy of medaling.

It’s very elementary really.

This is not about wrong or right. It’s about having a vision that transcends today’s anger and sentiments. Ask Siilaanyo for he knows one or two things about what I am talking about… ;)

Northerner-You could be whatever tickles your fancy but empathy doesn't equal to an actual experience. Expressing a moral indignation against Ethio stooges and their masters is no help to a Somali, but IA we will persevere.

Agian, what are your interests in Somalia?. And please your objections to inconvievable acts of terror against the Somali people is noted. But beyond that, what's in it for you?

Baashi   

North, no it was not a PR stunt. It was UN sponsored conference for warring factions to explore ways and means to end the conflict.

It might or might not work as the case is with all UN efforts but clearly it is sincere and noble effort.

Foot soldiers make or break such efforts by either violating the terms of the ceasefire or making provocative pronouncements to undermine these efforts. Al-Shabaab are the ones who are holding the line and their cooperation is a must for their leaders to be credible.

I don't think you are questioning the need to end the conflict. Or are you? Terms for that goal are open for discussion lakin ha la dirriro dagaal waxan ahayn daawo lagu waa is not a path forward baba.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Northerner:

KK,

Come on dear. Work those brain cells. I'm sure you can come up with something
:D

What was the saying about using humour to cover your weaknesses?
icon_razz.gif

Maanta very impressive walahi, the usual half a line waaka baramoostay...GOOD FOR YOU NORTH!!! Finally eh, working those brain cells of yours...BRAVO!!! Give me time, I'll get mine working in no time, just for you! :D

And I believe this 'using humour to cover weaknesses' have been used and abused by you...Come up with something a bit more original, mise bas iga dheh miyaa, maanta those BIG ;) brain cells of yours have worked over-time...I, therefore, order you to two days of recuperation aight Maskaxbadne...

Teeda kale anigoon waxba oran baaba sindan u cabaadeysaa, bal kawaran hadaan wax dhoho? Heck I didn't even write one word, just a simple :D baa saan kuu gariirinaya...Bal isdaji...and I mean this in the most humorous way possible Mr Norf... :D:D

Hunguri   

Ninkii Northner ahaa, waxbaa haysta smile.gif . Siduu Somali land isleeyahay u diffaac. Ayuu qaffilo isku jabinayaa. Waakaase hakkaa saarto smile.gif

Xoogsade   
North is sincere. He is not the only one who thinks the meetings(planned or held) are meaningless as long as the outcome doesn't address the impediments to peace the first of which is Ethiopian troop withdrawal. That is the deal breaker and what will determine the future(and current) events on the ground. The TFG without Ethiopian troop presence can't survive. Ethiopia's mission as stated countless times is to protect its men who represent her interests in Somalia. The TFG can't strip away the only protection they have in Muqdisho and in the country, they can't trust the guarantees given to them by their opposition, they need protection, these thugs are afflicted with the deep fear of their own shadows and trust nobody, they know they are criminals, hated and despised, so what is the solution? To let them be, submitt and disarm? or force change upon them for the greater good? What is the value of the TFG survival anyway?. Who needs ti to survive as they brought nothing but death and devastation? Their opposition are expected to not give them all they want, those who are paying their blood to see Ethiopia leave the country will not accept a deal short of seeing Ethiopia leaving the country. It is not important what xiin, bashi, or the supporters of A/Y think. What counts is what those whose words and actions have an impact on the ground say and they are demanding Ethiopia to leave for peace to come about.