Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

I'm not Somali, I'm a Somalilandeeeeer

Adeero Kowayne..no one bashing clan except u and

ayeyo Xarago. if u stop young

people will stop so be good example first dee

Act like ur age , please practice what u preach!!

:confused: :confused:

OG_Girl : those ppl r moraheqen fel khamseen :D:D

Kowneyn   

Patriot:

As the sayid muxammed nuur fadal early 1900's said in his poem dacad xumo:

Cigow daacad xumo waa waxa laysku dilayaaye

Dukaamada la xidhay xoolaha bahalka loo daayay

Dilka cadawga dibindaabay iyo daafaddiyo jeelka

Dacaska iyo gaajada rag kale uma dulqaateene

Haddaynaan Durriyadii ahayn xumo ma diideene

Ma damqado nin duul iyo Jahaad diric u haystaaye

in rough translation:

Oh cige all wars are due too lack of SINCERITY

All the destruction, looting and starvation

All this hate,prisons, killing and genocides

Its only because we are of the "durriya"(progeny)

That we are patient with and we do not partake

And because we are blessed with brave warriors

we are not effected by it or destroyed...

Don't hate and don't be touched by satan, even when you stand to defend against hypocrisy and hate.

Kowneyn

Xoogsade   

J11

You got me wrong I think. I am no tribalist or was born into tribal concepts really. My father never even discussed with me about anything tribal in nature.

Advocating on my part doesn't include creating what doesn't exist. My point was to say that if it comes to future disagreements, and everyone sticks to their line, I am for no War and safe separation. And that is if people ask for my opinion in the future. I think Salafi-Online made the best point in light of the current situations.

Mali Gal

Not everyone is Fifty year Old. You could be older than I am icon_razz.gif

You can learn the politics through observation. And Xarago said nothing bad about tribes. She seems reasonable reer waqooyi to me.

Rahima   

We unite upon birr (righteousness) and taqwa (piety), they are the fabric of unity, So if Somaliland or others attain serenity by separation then so be it, if they feel they get closer to Allah by separating from the South, then so be it, if they feel its better for their religion to distinguish themselves from the south then so be it! Separation should solely be for the sake of safe guarding one’s religion and Unity should unequivocally be the same! Not because of race/language ect

Whilst this is true, I believe both you and brother Kowneyn are missing a vital point. Could it be because you are both Somalilanders ;)smile.gif

If it were that the people of Somaliland were all God-fearing Muslims and those from the south were kufaar, then your point would be legitimate. However, since this is not the case, the point in this case is not applicable and becomes somewhat redundant. We are speaking about two groups of Muslims who when it comes to Islam are basically the same, both sin and both do good. Let us be honest, it is not like fighting does not occur in Somaliland, however we can say that it is less than the south, which can be attributed to many factors. However, I guarantee you; it has nothing to do with the point that Somalilanders have more taqwa than the rest. The south also has people who fear Allah and who wish for peace.

Islam teaches that a Muslim is to correct his brother in an effort to maintain the unity. Rasuallah even instructed that the Muslim helps his brother if he is oppressed or even if he is the oppressor by advising and apprehending him. In this we learn an important point, as Muslims we unite on all the points which are correct however we correct one another on those which aren’t.

Moreover, let us look at Somaliland; do you seriously believe that the Somaliland government and its system of administration is based on Islam? I think not! It is based on the ideals of democracy (which we all acknowledge are against Islam), therefore, how can you justify its secession and furthermore argue the point that they have separated on the notions of taqwa and birr. This is ridiculous; any person with any understanding of the kalima can see that this is not the case. If on the other hand you are to reason that Somalia is also in the same boat (which would be correct), then does it not become the responsibility of those who understand Islam to apply Islam in their politics by maintaining the unity and establishing an Islamic system of government. To build a house akhi, you need to start from the bottom.

Somalilanders are not completely innocent of the state our land is in. Everyone including Somalilanders have played a part in the agony of our nation, so let’s not use the innocent card when all are guilty. We all suffered and we all oppressed, so let’s be fair.

Just a small point though brother Salafi, You seem to be dead against certain shuyuukh in Saudi Arabia who wish to make an Islamic difference in their homeland, yet you are a fervent supporter of Somaliland. How can that be? This is contradictory. You paint the Saudi situation with one stroke and the Somali situation with another. Please explain, may be I’m missing something here :confused: .

Kowneyn   

Rahima:

Have you read Somaliland's constitution? please read the document before you dismiss it as unislamic. Pay particular attention to the role of the Guurti...This is basically Majlis ashura...its the highest authority in the land...currently its culturally based, but if u read the document its envisioned to become the seat of the culuma and cultural leaders.

The people of Somaliland were an independent state that joined on their own accord with Somalia and at considerable disadvantage. And they are within their rights if they decide to end the disastrous union with Somalia.

And I think Salafi did a good job in outlining what islamic unity is all about. What is unislamic is for Somaliland to walk into another disaster like the one they did in 1960.

One more thing you can't dispense equal blame to all for the disaster that befell the Somali Republic or the choas that followed, no sane mind would accept that.

Kowneyn

Xarago   

Originally posted by Mali Girl:

ayeyo Xarago. Act like ur age , please practice what u preach!!

Ma hooyadey ayad iga umulisey sebaad ku ogatey da'deyda.?

Paragon   

Rahima,

Maasha Allaah sister. Allah has endowed you with such a high sense of reasoning. May He exceed your knowledge. You have stated good points there and whether one argues for or against seperation, the premise on which the argument is based is Western. Both parties need to heed what Islam teaches.

NGONGE   

Here I go again. :D

First it was a futile political discussion. It was slightly irritating but didn’t have anything new or out of the ordinary. Now though, now Islam is being brought into it. It’s a futile Islamic discussion!

As is usual with SOL regulars, we’re all educated scholars and we dispense fatwa’s at will. All we need is to take a line from the holy book or the hadeeth and viola; we’ve got a fit for all fatwa. All the variables will just have to fit into this incontestable decision. The problem is, because of issues of war, mistrust and obvious disagreements in the current Somali political scene, someone is bound to come back with a counter Islamic argument and a fatwa that exonerates Somaliland from dividing the Ummah! The arguments will rage on and soon, soon the insults will start flying around again. A futile political discussion’s only downfall is the fact that most that participate in it end up looking juvenile. An Islamic one however, has greater consequences. For the life of me I could never understand why would anyone bring Islam into an already decaying thread!

I’ve already set my stall on defending Somaliland and I’m not about to change my mind here. I don’t defend Somaliland on the basis of tribalism or false pride. I don’t do it because of any emotional attachments to that place either. I do it because I’ve seen how determined these people are on realising their own independent country. Many go over the top in displaying this determination. Some ****** even write letters to Israel to recognise them!

In the long term however, I don’t believe that Somaliland can completely cut itself off from Somalia. It shares borders with that country. It shares the same language and heritage too. Despite what many Somalilanders say, the entire existence of Somaliland is heavily entwined into that of Somalia. There are many short-sighted Somalilanders who refuse to have anything to do with Somalia. They believe that their country can stand on it’s own feet and does not need Somalia at all. They believe that once they get recognition all will be over and they will have nothing to do with Somalia anymore. They refuse to take the blinkers of and view the carnage is it stands. They refuse to acknowledge the political and economic connections to greater Somalia. Yet, they acknowledge the same connections with Ethiopia and Kenya! Until they get that long awaited recognition, it’s going to be tunnel vision all the way. In time though, I believe the saner elements in the Somaliland political scene will come to believe that some sort of union/cooperation or link with greater Somalia is necessary.

The rest of Somalia on the other hand is no better. They mistakenly believe Somaliland is a renegade tribe that should stop being silly and obediently rejoin the fold. They ignore all the mistrust that exists and the past fourteen years of phantom independence. They protest that they’ve suffered and have been wronged too and believe that this should be reason enough for Somaliland to return to the fold. Their cry is: we’ve all had a bad time let us sit here and cry together! Their warped logic goes: we’ve all suffered at the hands of the dictator so let us dictate to you what you should do! They unwittingly use the same reasons that drove Somaliland into seeking independence as the reasons to convince that state that independence is wrong!

Seeing the blindness and shortsightedness of each side, it’s not hard to predict that things are not likely to get better. Somalia seems to have sorted itself out (whether that peace holds, remains to be seen). Going by the messages that have been emanating from both Somalia and Somaliland, war is inevitable. Treachery is also a forgone conclusion. The pupils of the former dictator will carry on playing this deadly game of musical chairs and their various supporters will carry on singing their praises. The Somali dance will continue....one step forward, five steps back..cha cha cha!

Now, if Somaliland does get its recognition from the world community and is internationally legalised as a country, things might start looking rosier; Things might start getting worse too; Somalia might declare war on it! However, I believe things will improve because the Somaliland people will finally be able to move away from the obsession of recognition that seems to have consumed all their thoughts and energies. They’ll be able to look at the bigger picture and realise the importance and benefits of cooperation with greater Somalia. The rest of Somalia too will be able to concentrate on their own affairs and stop using Somaliland as a coat hanger that is blamed for all the ills of Somalia. They’ll also try to work towards asserting themselves as the dominant nation in the Horn of Africa.

Of course, all this is conjuncture and hypotheses on my part. I have not taken into account the outside influences of Ethiopia, Djibouti, the Arab world and the west. Heaven knows what other mischief these will get up to. :(

quote: xarago ____________________________________________

silent sista i hate to bash day light into you but you have been weighted, measured and put on a leash and paraded as a trophy

hmmm, thanks for the compliments....i take it u actually dont have anything worth listening to to comtribute to this thread, therefore u go about tryna insult those that dont agree with your opinion, oops, what opinion? (i dont recall your miniture brain putting together two sylables worth glancing at).....

waax aad ku xaragootid baa iska yar, wether im on a leash or not, u just another speck of dirt of ma shoe!

Xarago   

Silent Sista am not going to retaliate, nah you dont deserve it. But just ponder for a second what I said in my first post to you and why.

Aniga kaga ma bahni af-lagadada, ee hadi aad cadkada gosoneysiid walaga arki laha.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Rahima:

[Whilst this is true, I believe both you and brother Kowneyn are missing a vital point. Could it be because you are both Somalilanders
;)smile.gif

If it were that the people of Somaliland were all God-fearing Muslims and those from the south were kufaar, then your point would be legitimate. However, since this is not the case, the point in this case is not applicable and becomes somewhat redundant. We are speaking about two groups of Muslims who when it comes to Islam are basically the same, both sin and both do good. Let us be honest, it is not like fighting does not occur in Somaliland, however we can say that it is less than the south, which can be attributed to many factors. However, I guarantee you; it has nothing to do with the point that Somalilanders have more taqwa than the rest. The south also has people who fear Allah and who wish for peace.

Islam teaches that a Muslim is to correct his brother in an effort to maintain the unity. Rasuallah even instructed that the Muslim helps his brother if he is oppressed or even if he is the oppressor by advising and apprehending him. In this we learn an important point, as Muslims we unite on all the points which are correct however we correct one another on those which aren’t.

Moreover, let us look at Somaliland; do you seriously believe that the Somaliland government and its system of administration is based on Islam? I think not! It is based on the ideals of democracy (which we all acknowledge are against Islam), therefore, how can you justify its secession and furthermore argue the point that they have separated on the notions of taqwa and birr. This is ridiculous; any person with any understanding of the kalima can see that this is not the case. If on the other hand you are to reason that Somalia is also in the same boat (which would be correct), then does it not become the responsibility of those who understand Islam to apply Islam in their politics by maintaining the unity and establishing an Islamic system of government. To build a house akhi, you need to start from the bottom.

Somalilanders are not completely innocent of the state our land is in. Everyone including Somalilanders have played a part in the agony of our nation, so let’s not use the innocent card when all are guilty. We all suffered and we all oppressed, so let’s be fair.

Just a small point though brother Salafi, You seem to be dead against certain shuyuukh in Saudi Arabia who wish to make an Islamic difference in their homeland, yet you are a fervent supporter of Somaliland. How can that be? This is contradictory. You paint the Saudi situation with one stroke and the Somali situation with another. Please explain, may be I’m missing something here :confused: .

Salaamz,

I agree with Rahima on some of her points.

Reality is walaal, Most are BLINDED by Nationalism

and we often Dismiss things due to our Passions and attachments.

I've read the Somaliland 'CONSTITUTION' and

it is SO INSULTING to the DEEN.

- It wants to Use the DEEN, but yet the PEOPLE and man made Laws come before the DEEN.

- The Ulama are only used for 'trivial' things like 'Quran classes' and 'weddings' etc. Major issues like 'WHO SHOULD WE DO TRADE WITH' or 'SHOULD GAAT be Banned' or 'WHAT SUBJECTS TO TEACH KIDS' etc., well leave DEEN

out of that. :rolleyes:

-Somaliland is a SECULAR STATE and it tries to Disguise ISLAM in certain colours but it really seperates DEEN from STATE affairs.

I once wanted to put up the Somaliland Constitution for Discussion after I read it but

thought that I'd be like a 'Naaef' and get slaughtered in here for insluting the

'SACRED COW' aka Somaliland.

P.S. My family is from Burcao and caaergabo, so I don't disagree with Somaliland b/c of North/South issues. :cool:

Fi Amanillah

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I do it because I’ve seen how determined these people are on realising their own independent country.

sxb,

DID you take a province wide poll with a sufficient sample to statistically come to that conclusion?

NGONGE   

Nayruus,

Of everything I’ve written, is that the only thing that caught your eye, saaxib?

I’m not interested in having an argument over Somaliland. Still, it’s only polite to answer your question. No, I didn’t take any province-wide poll. It was taken by the government of Somaliland when that government was elected into office. They had international representatives to confirm that those elections were fair. Now, I don’t know about you, but at a guess I would say that the majority of the residents of Somaliland were for and took part in those elections. Otherwise, those international observers would not have dignified those proceedings with their presence, wouldn’t you say?

I hope I’ve managed to help you split that hair satisfactorily, saaxib. Any other worthy comments on my post?