Sign in to follow this  
Bokero

A proposal to the END this Madness

NGONGE   

Oh. Oh. We're playing the quotation game. Here, have a bit of the bard himself.

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,

To the last syllable of recorded time;

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an *****, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

As for the Somaliland issue, why do you expect them to agree to allow those from the deepest South to take part in a referendum that concerns Somaliland? Why do you expect them to sacrifice all they've worked for just because such a dreamy referendum turned out in the favour of those in the south? What incentive are you offering them to take part in such a suicidal referendum?

Liberia and Sierra Leon are NOT the same as Somalia and their conflicts were not as complicated as the one we have in Somalia today. Your proposal still comes across as complete nonsense.

Did you watch the recent program about Somali Warlords? The one that was broadcast on British TV (someone posted links to it on the forum)! Anyway, the program was about all those Somali minsters and politicians that live in the UK. In addition, the current Somali president holds a British passport and the Puntland president was living in North America before he returned home to contest the Puntland presidential elections. Do you see a pattern here (and flaw in your plan) or do I have to point it out, Mr Resistance?

Abtigiis   

Sidaa u dood dee. But you are being disingenious about the Disapora bit. You well know those are not whom he was talking about. Sometimes, I wonder if you expect people to be so thorough in details as if they are posting legal manuscripts.

Bokero   

Ngonge

I can see you dont read well please go back to my proposal and read again... what u will see is i said the referendum ought to be within SL... YOU are behaving like a typical hard headed villager whose is resistant to any change...

secondly liberian conflict in many ways is more complicated and more brutal... but ur right about context

LANDER   

:D ^

You did mention that bit about the referendum. However, the typical response you would receive from a Somalilander would be that a referendum has already been conducted in which the results overwhelmingly supported indedepndence. So to that I’m assuming your response would be that the pro-unity side did not have an adequate chance to make its case, or perhaps that some remote parts of the eastern provinces did not have the opportunity to participate In the referendum. Fair enough, but at the end of the day all this is rather far fetched considering the realities on the ground today. Somaliland could and probably will still state that its independence is a fait-accompli in real terms and have 17 yrs of progress to support that. It is also far fetched considering the situation in Somalia, it doesn’t seem there will be a credible government to represent Somalia anytime soon let alone and end to the bloodshed. An important point would also be that you asked for war crimes since 1991 to be investigated, well that would be a sure way to alienate somalilanders as often our southern somali folk forget the war really escalated in 1988 (in the north) and that year proved to be the most catastrophic for most of the population of Somaliland. I know you mean well and your intentions are in the right place, I don’t doubt your ability to see the big picture, that said I think the Somalis are beyond saving at this point.

Originally posted by LANDER:

...considering the situation in Somalia, it doesn’t seem there will be a credible government to represent Somalia anytime soon let alone and end to the bloodshed. ..that said I think the Somalis are beyond saving at this point.

By Somalis, you mean non -Somalilanders! And that kind of sentiment is why I always remind fellow SOLers, hardcore secessionist like Lander certainly is has this peculiar wish that Somalia remain stateless so their little tuulo gets the recognition they think she deserves. Before, you have been posting gloomy posts and predicting the prospect of ARS meeting with TFG near impossibility. When two actually met and reached agreement, you were equally dismissive what many of us thought was a breakthrough in Somali conflict. And now, yaa Lander, you are allowing your deep feeling of what should become of Somalia surface its ugly head.

Akhrud iyo aba-yasir baa lagu yiri; the Somali conflict is salvageable, and not beyond resolution; Somalis will have IA a credible government---not necessarily tomorrow, but just in time to do up the territorial integrity of Somali republic.

Bokero, best way to do away with somali madness goes through dirin , as Baashi would call it. Compromise is what we somalis need. And it has already started....

LANDER   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

quote:Originally posted by LANDER:

...considering the situation in Somalia, it doesn’t seem there will be a credible government to represent Somalia anytime soon let alone and end to the bloodshed. ..that said I think the Somalis are beyond saving at this point.

By Somalis, you mean non -Somalilanders! And that kind of sentiment is why I always remind fellow SOLers, hardcore secessionist like Lander certainly is has this peculiar wish that Somalia remain stateless so their little tuulo gets the recognition they think she deserves. .
Not quite, I was referring to the Somali Nation (yes, that does include Somalilanders).

You should warn your fellow SOLers about your desire to have the people of Somalia subjugated to the government of Mbegathi and its cowardly wanna-be dictator, who will surely go down as the most treacherous Somali of all-time. I wear my colours on my sleeves, unlike some I don’t have to hide my views behind pretentious well-wishing and ‘peaceniking’ for I know there can never be peace without freedom. Now check back with me after the soccer game.

RedSea   

The X'man and Baashi both want to see the TFG stay as the legit government for Somalia. However any chance they might have had with the population has been washed away by their criminal activities such inviting an enemy that has commited grave human rights violation against the somali people, either killing them or forcing them out of their homes. That is the sort of 'government' that the X'man and Baashi want people to give a chance and believe in. The TFG is a criminal enterprise that needs to be dealt with anyway possible.

Lander, I appreciate this new meekness of yours. But you have been anything but reasonable when it comes to Somali conflict. Somalis are divided and broken. There is a flickering flare of hope coming out of Jabbuuti, and we welcome it. We pray it succeeds. We don’t nitpick and find faults to reject it. We don’t blame the good Shiekh who signed it in the best interest of his people. Instead we point out its historicity and the context in which it was signed. If that suggests desire from our part to preserve that defunct TFG entity, so be it.

In short, as long the world recognizes that there are different parts to Somali conflict and shows reasonable effort to bridge the gap between them, we support it. We don’t have the luxury of subjecting every clause to our biased political stances on every issue. That, I suppose, is where you and we differ. Zero sum game is so passé a concept to apply to today’s Somali conflict saaxiib. A grand compromise is needed, and we recognize it.

Who are this we? Those of us who want to see a stable, and sovereign Somlia, with her territorial integrity unscathed, before this decade ends. And we will win IA.

Kashafa   

Who are this we? Those of us who want to see a stable, and sovereign Somlia, with her territorial integrity unscathed, before this decade ends.

Translation: This 'we' will be led by Abdullahi Yusuf, Cabdi-Qaybdiid, Mohamed Dheere, and Nur Cade, among many other peace-loving, reasonable, and patriotic Somalis. Ceremonial posts will be given to the reformed terrorists that join us in a unity government. That will be the extent of our 'grand compromise'. This 'we' of ours is ready to cede and sign away Somali sovereignty to any powerful external actor, be it Ethiopia, the US, the EU, the AU, or the UN. If they have tanks and helicopters, 'we' will make sujood for them. On the other hand, we will (attempt to, spectacular failure thus far) crush and destroy the peace-spoilers, the anarchists, and the Khawaarij who have succeeded in denying us, 'we', the chance to rule.

'We' do not care about that blood that has been shed, the lives that have been stolen, the refugees renting trees for shelter, the genocidal war crimes committed, the 2nd destruction of that ancient city by the sea: Mogadisho, the enduring presence of Ethiopian influence and control, the extradition of Somalis scholars and youth and their torture in secret prisons.

All of that means nothing to 'we', us. Everything is expendable for the sake of the Somali Republic and this thing called 'peace and stability', who only 'we' have the right to define. Anybody who opposes us is a warmonger, a terrorist, an anarchist, or a wadaad with too much ambitions.

And we will win IA

Poor thing doesn't know he's already lost, that he's been throughly defeated with his eyes open.

Rag'gu qaarkiisa far waa wayn oo keliya bay wax ku fahmaan. Perhaps the only way Xiin and Baashi will know they have lost, is by seeing the dangling corpses of Abdullahi 'B!tch-slap' Yusuf, Khayrdiid, and Butcher Dheere, hanging from the tallest Qurac tree in Xamar Caday.

Only then will they awaken from the drunken stupor that consumes them, that gives them hallucinations of a return to the days of "anaka vs ayaga", a return to the status quo of tribal innuendo and politicking.

Defeated old men, like Abdullahi Yusuf, are always the last to see the writing on the wall. Until the grim reaper comes knocking on their bedroom door and says: "Time to go, baby"

Kashafa   

You should warn your fellow SOLers about your desire to have the people of Somalia subjugated to the government of Mbegathi and its cowardly wanna-be dictator, who will surely go down as the most treacherous Somali of all-time. I wear my colours on my sleeves, unlike some I don’t have to hide my views behind pretentious well-wishing and ‘peaceniking’ for I know there can never be peace without freedom

Respect. Even tho we may never see eye-to-eye on the issue of union vs secession, I have more respect for you and your likes than the loudest of the loudmouth'ed Somali'weynist, the cadres of dhabodhilifs and their sympathizers, with all of their double-dealing, backdoor scheming, and wholesale treason of the Somali people.

Respect.

Originally posted by Kashafa:

quote:Who are this we? Those of us who want to see a stable, and sovereign Somlia, with her territorial integrity unscathed, before this decade ends.

Translation: This 'we' will be led by Abdullahi Yusuf, Cabdi-Qaybdiid, Mohamed Dheere, and Nur Cade, among many other peace-loving, reasonable, and patriotic Somalis. Ceremonial posts will be given to the reformed terrorists that join us in a unity government. That will be the extent of our 'grand compromise'. This 'we' of ours is ready to cede and sign away Somali sovereignty to any powerful external actor, be it Ethiopia, the US, the EU, the AU, or the UN. If they have tanks and helicopters, 'we' will make
sujood for them. On the other hand, we will (attempt to, spectacular failure thus far) crush and destroy the peace-spoilers, the anarchists, and the Khawaarij who have succeeded in denying us, 'we', the chance to rule.

'We' do not care about that blood that has been shed, the lives that have been stolen, the refugees renting trees for shelter, the genocidal war crimes committed, the 2nd destruction of that ancient city by the sea: Mogadisho, the enduring presence of Ethiopian influence and control, the extradition of Somalis scholars and youth and their torture in secret prisons.

All of that means nothing to 'we', us. Everything is expendable for the sake of the Somali Republic and this thing called 'peace and stability', who only 'we' have the right to define. Anybody who opposes us is a warmonger, a terrorist, an anarchist, or a wadaad with too much ambitions.

And we will win IA

Poor thing doesn't know he's already lost, that he's been throughly defeated with his eyes open.

Rag'gu qaarkiisa far waa wayn oo keliya bay wax ku fahmaan. Perhaps the only way Xiin and Baashi will know they have lost, is by seeing the dangling corpses of Abdullahi 'B!tch-slap' Yusuf, Khayrdiid, and Butcher Dheere, hanging from the tallest Qurac tree in Xamar Caday.

Only then will they awaken from the drunken stupor that consumes them, that gives them hallucinations of a return to the days of "anaka vs ayaga", a return to the status quo of tribal innuendo and politicking.

Defeated old men, like Abdullahi Yusuf, are always the last to see the writing on the wall. Until the grim reaper comes knocking on their bedroom door and says: "Time to go, baby"
Mr. Reactionary, you are losing your marbles, which btw you have been shown to be scant of! And the post above is sadly nothing new; it’s your typical backward-looking talk!

Anyway, agility, if you didn’t know, is the name of this game adeer. Kusoo dhawow! There is a need to be flexible and adoptable in a constantly and rapidly changing political environment. With all your dam-dam , I am sure that you will, at the end, appreciate Sharif’s good sense of judgment when the Ethiopians are made to withdraw with a single stroke of pen--- a feat sheer bravery alone would hardly achieve. That is if you are genuine in what you preach on these pages. If you however are interested in retributions and reprisals, you’ve already lost adeer. Somalia had, for 17-years, political structure that was designed to repeat the past; this group vs. that group or clan x vs. clan y. Dabodhilif slogan, although a bit catchy and trendy now, is no different. And if anyone is clinching onto to past methods of wining conflicts it’s those who are still aiming to defeat Dabodhilifs, and have no any other program or agenda to reestablish Somalia. Thanks Allah Sharif does not believe that crap and has no such mentality.

The good thing is that I firmly believe when we win, you also win. You see, the good Sheikh is one of those rare leaders who feel an obligation to be ultra sensitive to the needs of all stakeholders in this conflict. Your group’s interest whoever they may be (I am confused now as to what you actually supporting) will be given something to be happy :D about.

Fabregas   

quote: appreciate Sharif’s good sense of judgment when the Ethiopians are made to withdraw with a single stroke of pen--- a feat sheer bravery would hardly achieve.

You and I know that the bullet made the Ethiopians negotiate a withdrawal in the first place. Remember, they(US) exiled Shariff, declared him a snich, turned extremist. So, in large HE owes the legitimacy in negotiating this settlement to the armed men. Granted that diplomacy and military endeavours go hand in hand, but to say Shariff expelled Ethiopians with the stroke of the pen is taking a bit too far.

p.s maxa ku dhacay Bokeros proposals :D

Kashafa   

I am sure that you will, at the end, appreciate Sharif’s good sense of judgment when the Ethiopians are made to withdraw with a single stroke of pen--- a feat sheer bravery alone would hardly achieve

I'm already on record saying that I will happily eat my criticisms if the Ethiopians leave in 120 days. Were it so easy to expell the Ethiopians and their followers(juz laa yata'jaza') out of Somalia soil.

Will you also pledge to acknowledge your errors, in judgment, and reasoning, if the Ethiopians are still here by Oct. 3, or will you, like your sidekick, conveniently blame the Resistance for 'throwing a wrench in the peace process'.

Waa qaldanaa ceeb ma ahan. Pig-headed'ness is.

Note: Fadlan, do not question my integrity. I cannot vouch for the rest of your Is-Qancis Brigade(you roll with a dirty bunch, evident from their posts, past and present), but even tho I have vehemently disagreed with you, I have not questioned the nobility of your aims and your good intentions. Let's try and keep it that way.

You may have a point there, Kashafa, but the notion that you support Sharif’s objectives in this agreement, yet refuse to wholeheartedly indorse it is just incongruous. Even more contradictory is your vehement stance of supporting efforts to abort it, which as you know could potentially prevent Ethiopia’s withdrawal. It just does not add up adeer.

I can instantly sniff out half measure strategies adeer...

edit: Kashafa, I will promise you that if this initiative fails, I will move on and jamb on the next one to save Somalia, the republic! I will not fault Sh. Sharif, or SH. Xassan, or Alshabaab for that matter for the failure (Allah forbid). In the comfort of my home in the West, I will hold the UN and the powers that be accountable. Of course I wont be able to do anything meaningful to make them pay the price of not fixing the mess and destruction they brought to my country.

PG, Point taken adeer!

Adiga xagge jirtaa? Ma xaggayga tahay mise xagga Kashafa? I dont blve there can be a middle way on this issue!