Golihii wuu fasaqayoo

Nonesense iyo God aan jirin

Gogoshi kuu laabyo

Gees loola doodiyo

Geed loo fadhiistaba

Garan maayo aniguye

Goofkan yaa na dhaafiyaa???????

Baashi   

Nice geeraar right there. Since Ngonge is lacking in that department smile.gif , Please hold your fire for Xiin. He will give you a run for your money.

As to Bokero, Awoowe please and please understand the bottom line of this conflict. This is a Somali conflict in its roots -- a one that’s clannish in nature. There are cases where temporary coalitions of convenience are formed but by and large this conflict is the classical tribal conflict (modern twist in its manifestation) where power and resources are contested. Awoowe how the would-be state is controlled and staffed is what’s at stake here. All other variables are secondary to that central preoccupation.

Somalis are no different from other conflict-ridden countries. Somalis’ problem is and has been for quite some timse now that they are egalitarian in nature and that they have this deep reservation about the role of the government and those who lead the government as well. Given how last government staffed key positions, managed meager resources under its control, and led the state, they have every reason to be skeptical about the next one.

So the default political orientation is that clans are equivalent to political districts and the basis of political dialogue is clannish in nature -- so far. There are exceptions of course but by and large overwhelming majority believes that the best way to secure clan interest is to have a commanding seat (not a mere presence) at the table.

That, my friend, is the backdrop in which all political machinations, clan skirmishes, seeking assistances from rival and historical foe, secession, founding of regional autonomy in Puntland and what have you operate.

How to end the madness? You asked. Well there are two options. And only two options. Madness as you aptly put it will end if and when one side of the conflict overpowers the other and wins the war outright. That’s one scenario. The other is to bring all factions to the dirrin and have them negotiate a just and practical settlement.

The problem with the first option is that defeating one side of the conflict will only lay the ground work for another costly (both blood and treasure) conflict down the road. Which side should win given the clannish nature of the conflict? Informed and objective Somalis would not commit to one side of this conflict and rightly so.

The second option is not the ideal solution but is the only practical solution I can see now.

There you have it awoowe. Do you want to end the madness? Have the warring sides negotiate a settlement. Remember the settlement itself, the mechanics, the terms, negotiators, and the venue in which the settlement will be held are open for constructive criticism or correction for that matter. What you ought not to be doing is advocating a more blood path.

^^A & T, nin baqa maaha aniga qudhayda waa buu iisoo buraanburay. Wixii ka raacayse waa la ogaa. Midbaanse ku hubaa: A & T ka adag JB. JB gabayyada uu habeenkii marfashyado kasoo maqloo waagu marku beryey ka lumaan. A & T se isagu wax buu alifaa habaa laaxin badnaadeene.

NGONGE   

^^ A&T is trying to provoke me into writing him a poem. Shall I send him my 'other' poem? :D

A&T

Care to give me the rules for the 'baxar' and 'qaafiya/meter' of Somali poetry (the kind you used above), so that I can attempt a reply? I can already feel the beat but without understanding the rules, I may end up spitting out lots of pointless noise.

I understand that the Arabic/English rhyming poetry style is not used in Somali (but oh if it did, oh if it did). :D

Haduu geel dhurwaa qaado

Oo adhi kusoo gaadho

Oo laysu jiibsadoo dagaal

Ooda lagga qaado

Oo ido ladhaawaco

Riyana geeska lagga tuuro

Oo maacdu ay badato

Oo laysla wada buuqo

Meeshaa ninkii soo maraa

Soo fajicimaayo?

Bokero   

My brothers

I am baffled and been attacked for suggesting a neutral way out of this quagmire…

I will tell you what is NONESENSE… 18 years of senseless bloodletting..

Why don’t you put your workable suggestions together rather than dismissing a proposal… what part of the proposal don’t you like? What alternative do you have?

I see I have angered both the secessionists and the unitarist that is where I need to be….

NGONGE   

^^^ If you can't handle a comment here and a comment there, are you sure Somali politics is an area you should be dabbling in?

Still, because you protested (and some oaf has started an entire topic about it), I'm going to be gentle with you (though I have no reason to be) and explain.

YOU have not been attacked or criticised personally. The arguments you put forward ARE stuff and nonsense. Do you really want to know why? REALLY? Fine.

• Point one is not realistic. I'd go as far as arguing that it would NEVER take place (unless someone gets all these men in one place then blow the place up. But, as you already know, these men would not sit with each other to start with).
  • Point two is not realistic because of point one above.
  • Point three is what some of these politicians you despise have agreed upon anyway. Not of course that you tell us how and why this will be achieved.
  • Point four assumes there is a Diaspora agreement and we could easily pick such an interim government out of thin air (not to mention the laughable Hadrawi example).
  • Point five talks about a referendum in Somaliland! A country that already had several elections, a president and a parliament that endlessly repeats its desire for independence and recognition.
  • Point six relies on the previous ideas taking place for it to work. Again, unrealistic.
  • Ditto point seven.
  • Point eight is irrelevant (in the great scheme of things).
  • Point nine is a waste of time, since the majority of the people are as familiar with federalism/centralism as they are with the great works of Ron-iffing-Jeremy.
I told you already, your heart is in the right place but the ideas you espouse here are nothing but stuff and nonsense.

Happy now?

Abtigiis   

If I have started a thread about your silly responses (which your explanations did little to hide) maad iska kay celisid, Maxaad haweeenka iigu soo fasaxday?

Bokero   

For Ngonge

Three stages of resistance

"There are three stages of resistance a new idea. So at least maintained the Swiss-American naturalist Louis Agassiz 1807-1873). First comes denial ( this were Ngonge is currently at): it is said, flat out, that it isn’t so. Second, the new idea is unacceptable because it is against religion. Finally comes the ho-hum stage. People have known about that for a long time--tell us something new"

Now going back to you comments...

SL situation after many years after declaration of independence without any success, why oppose the idea of referendum, where all sides will get the opportunity to put their case;. unless you don’t trust the people to make "the right choice"…

Having worked in many post-conflict places in Africa i can tell you with certainty proposal one is very much doeble... just look at Liberia and Sierra Leone no warlord involved in politics today..they r either in the Hague, dead or citizens...