Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

About The Quebec referendum in 95'..

Only the secessionist Quebecors took part of referendum, other Canadian provinces never took part of it. Now the case with SL and Somalia, why should referendum must include all Somali people?

Baashi   

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

Only the secessionist Quebecors took part of referendum, other Canadian provinces never took part of it. Now the case with SL and Somalia, why should referendum must include all Somali people?

Because Quebec is not Somaliland and Canada is not Somalia babe.

Here is a reverse logic dhuubo: it goes like this: if Somalia is divisible so is Somaliland. Addigu bal tab dheh :D Not to mention Puntland's overlapping border or the robust case for Somalia's territorial integrity.

Ask the proponent of secession why it took so long to get this damn recognition thang. I mean there was a time Somalia did not have recognized transitional institutions!! Now it does, makes all too difficult to get the very states who recognize this token TFG grant recognition to part of the country to another entity -- contradiction!!!!

LANDER   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

[qb]

Here is a reverse logic dhuubo: it goes like this: if Somalia is divisible so is Somaliland. Addigu bal tab dheh
:D
Not to mention Puntland's overlapping border or the robust case for Somalia's territorial integrity.

Singing the same old song are you?

how about this one, if Abyssinia is divisible than so is any other country. That is coming from many Ethiopian Historians or otherwise avg delusional Ethio who thinks the horn should bend to their will. They believe Somalia was an integral part of Abyssinia and they (somali territories) 'were the renegade province'. So what do you say to that old man and please try to convince these Ethiopians who have visions of grandeur about there lost Abyssinian empire as to why Somalia and Eritrea should not be an integral part of their territory? and if 'Abyssinia' is divisible than why not Somalia? :D

P.S.

Interesting Fact about the Quebec referendum, The day before the referendum was to take place the canadian military flew out most of their expensive equipment such as the CF-18 fighter jets out of quebec in the event of the 'YES' vote prevailed. That's how uncertain the times were. I believe the margin of victory was 51% to 49% for the NO with the YES leading most of the night until they got to the montreal region heavily populated with immigrants.

Baashi   

My man Lander according to International law Ethiopia is indeed indivisible and no other state can unilaterally recognize parts of its territory. However Ethiopia can be divided through internal political process. In fact the system is open, theoretically speaking, for killins to secede provided they meet the required threshold.

That being said again Somalia is not Ethiopia. The analogy is farfetched and ya know it. Not to mention the basis for secession for our secessionists rests on what colonial European power colonized what part of Somalia -- not a case for an intelligent young gun like you should be making.

Awoowe I pity you. I understand your grievances. I know Britain once upon time illegally colonized parts of our country to farther its imperial interests. That shameful history is behind us. Britain’s protectorate is defunct today.

Awoowe let's talk. Justice, practical and transparent political system with checks and balances, sharia-based Islamic government, condolences of lives lost during the dark days, compensation, what is it that you want short of dismembering this poor and forsaken barren land. The coffee mocha is on good ol' Baashi. What you say young gun smile.gif

lol@immigrants. It was a good call on the part of immigration canada to settle most of its immigrants in montreal and its surrounding areas, this way if it ever comes down to a close tie such as the last referendum, they would be high on win margin.(I think that province is very integrated nowadays)

Actually, the numbers I read somewhere were near dead tied 50 -50.222 decimals only separating for a Yes and No vote(just filling those numbers as an example, not an actual figure :) )

At one point, block quebecos or however you spell their party name were down a huge margin, until they caught up late into the game back and nearly got away with it, but the no margin was victorious on that day by a close call.(some even wondered if the numbers were fixed as that of the present day Kenya situation and the Bush Vs Al Gore, electorial votes in florida )