Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

The somali wadaads are responsible for our plight

Coloow   

Asc,

I have listened to many so called somali sheikhs (culumo). Anyone can be called a sheikh simply because he knows a few arabic words, can recite an ayah or does not carry a waran. These people command respect; people turn to them for guidance; for starting a war, for celebrating births and deaths; for supporting a presidency, for extending blessing; for roob doon; for virtually everything.

The problem I have with this sheikh is how many of them view somali tribalism;

It is not uncommon for a somali sheikh (Boqol soon was an exception) to claim that since Allah states that we are divided into nations and clans, the somali clan system has the backing of Allah.

This justification and lies about our almighty has led to a discourse among the wadaads and waranles;

Ilaaheey baa qabiilka sheegay; anagu hadaan nahay reer qurac, reer qansac waan inaan dhulkeena iyo dadkeena ka talinaa.

While in Nairobi for instance, I had the opportunity to watch a broadcast by a famous sheikh in Muqdisho who was supporting Ali Maxamed geedi; he was very selective in his choice of Xadith and Quran; It became apparent that he was Sheikh Zab; calooshiisa u shaqeeyste.

The next night there was another sheikh who asserted that he does not support Ali Mohamed and cited selective hadiths and ayaas.

On discussing this issue with wadaads and waranles I have been accused of refusing to accept Allah's words. In fact, it is viewed as blasphemy if you question the somali discourse on this issue.

In kastoo aan waranle ahay haddana xoogaa diinta waan aqaanaa;

Qabiilku ilaahey noo sheegay waxaa la yiraahdaa SOMALI; reer qurac iyo reer qansac waa jeebkeena. In fact, if you analyse the somali clan system you will come to the conclusion that it is like the Saint Clause of christianity; a dude with white beard appears and gives presents to kids.

We need Sheikhs like the late Boqolsoon who is brave enough to say war heedhe qabiilku ilaahey sheegay ma aha reer qurac ama reer qansac ee waa reer soomali.

Reer qurac iyo reer qansac waa wax sal iyo baar lahayn; cilmina kuma dhisno; waa been soomalida aay sameeystay; waa St Clauska gaalada!

Abwaan   

loool...Waranle...saaxiib carada ku haysaa badanaa ee shuyuukhda kaa haysa... anigu ma qabo in culimada Soomaaliyeed oo dhan xun tahay.

Coloow   

Abwaan, kuli ma wada xumee laakin waxaan ka caroodaa markuu wadaad waliba difaaco qabyaalada soomaaliya;

Doraad waxaan is aragnay nin wadaad isku tilmaamayo oo loogu sheekeyey inaan reer garas isla wadanahay; markaasu ila soo galay sheeko baaraleey; Waxaan ku iri sheekhow, bal u kaadi ma la hubaa inaan isla qolo nahay? Markaasu aayad ii soo dareeriyey oo uu i yiri qabiilka ilaah baa sheegay; waxaan ku iri adeer qabiilka ilaaheey sheegay ma aha reer garase ee waa soomaali, maadaama reer garas dadka wada sheegto aaysan ku abtirsanin.

Coloow   

Abu,

Zeminkii hore oo adduunku fiicanaa ragga laba nooc ayaa loo kala qeybin jiray;

Wadaad; waa dadka ku xeel dhaarado barashada diinta; waxaay ka bilaabi jireen inaay xir noqdaan, kadib macalin dugsi, dabadeedna sheikh xir madax u ah; hadduu lacag leeyahayna xaaji

Inta ka baxsan waa waranle (ruux salaadiisa iska dukado, quraankana iska aqristo)

Nur   

Akhi Waranle

Wadaaddadu isku mid ma wada aha. Allaha mahaddi, waxaa umadda ku dhex jira addoon Allah oo ku dadaalayaa raaciddaa Sunnadii Nabigeenna SAWS, akhlaaqdiisii wanaagsaneyd, una horseeda dadka tilmaan fiican oo dadka wax baraya una faaideynaya.

Walaal, ogow waxa ay Somalia u degi la'dahay iney sabab u tahay in Culimadeenna ay wadaan dadaal badan oo mirahiisi keenay maanta, welina ayan far ka qodneyn. Dadaalkaas ayaa la diiddan yahay, oo keenay iney nasasho naloo diiddaan yahay. Culimadeenna wey wadayan dadaalkooda si kii noolna ay xaqa iyo baatilka u kala baxaan, ka dhintana uu ku dhinto asagoo doortay wuxuu ku dhimanayay.

Maanta, magac wadaadnimo ninkii wata ma aha nin loo naco diinta, maxaa yeelay, qofkii xaq doon ah, xaqa ayaa u kala saara dadka, laakin ma aha inuu xaqu la jiro qofkii wadaadnimo sheegta ama ay ka muuqato. Xaqa waa kan Allah ka yimaadda oo qudha, hadaba ha shakinin.

Nur

Ashkiro   

Great topic Warnale, although I don't agree with the title per se. I think it would serve the plight of Somalis a lot better, if people stop pointing fingers, and just contribute their little part to help maskinta. All the time people waste on arguing about the poltics back home even in this site, can be put to better use by doing something constructive like teaching a child to read or write, volunteering w/ NGOs etc. Not saying some of you don't do that already, but not enough do. Anyway back to the topic, as human beings we are given the ability to reason and differentiate from what is right and what is wrong, especially if one is educated. It's hard for me to see how one's judgement can be clouded in differentiating between the good men worthy of the title "Sheikh" such as Booqolson, Umar Faruq the real ulama, from the calool u shaqeyasta power hungry bunch. Not anyone can be called sheikh, if other naive individuals fall for it that doesn't mean you have to. Leave all judgement to Allah SWT, everything will be sorted out in the end. Just do you, as they say in my bloc. Life is too short. Salams

By the way, what is reer qurac ama reer qansac?

Nur   

Ashkiro sis

Well said, sis, baarkallahu feek.

Reer Qurac and Reer Qansax are fictitious pseudo-clan names, as we are not allowed to say the clan names in this site.

Qurac ( Quddhac) and Qansax and Galol are all names of trees that are native Somali Flora.

Nur

Coloow   

Asc,

Ngonge, as usual you drop a one liner without elobrating smile.gif Ama amuus ama dooda wax ku biiri dooda maandhow,

Nuur, mahadsanid:

Ashkiro, You are right, the topic's name generalises, I admit.

The bottom line is we need mechanisms to differentiate the faqi buraales and the real culuma. As long as there are some wadaados who gave tribalism a religious touch we are doomed to continue on the destructive path our.

S.O.S   

Waranle,

Soomaalidu waxay ku maahmaahdaa: Faqiih tolkii kama Janno tago.

If your criticism of wadaadada is solely based on their assertion that Allah informed us about qabaa'il and the purpose thereof, I'm afraid you've got the wrong end of the stick. They cannot be all wrong and you alone right; that means you're wrong and they're right.

Rather, you should be focusing on how qabiil is used, abused and misused. No matter how noble and idealistic it may sound to have one qabiil (Soomaali), if it's not used correctly, the step-up from qabaliyyah[i to [i]wadtaniyyah would hardly be an improvement worth mentioning. That's like changing from being a monkey to become a donkey –nevertheless an improvement (perhaps?)

Besides, I don't agree with your wadaad-waranle definition, but that is irrelevant.

NGONGE   

Waranle,

Present a valid argument and I shall either stop (because it may be too big for my little brain) or take part (because I have an opinion on it). But to come up with nonsense about the wadaado being to blame for Somali woes would only get the one line from me.

What does a grown up man like you (who claims to know some of his diin) want me to say? That wadaads are humans who make mistakes just like I would or you would? I'd be insulting you by stating such an obvious thing. Or maybe you want me to say that Somalia's troubles did not start in 2006 but sixteen years before that and with no wadaad to muddy the waters in sight! But surely you already know that!

You confidently singled out one wadaad as being the blueprint for all Somali wadaads to follow. But do you really have any idea if in his time there were some like you who questioned something he did or said and blamed him for something or another? One can't please all the people all the time, saaxib.

So, I repeat (with respect of course), this is stuff and nonsense. smile.gif

Coloow   

SOS, do you want to tell me that Allah sanctioned somali tribalism? That is what many wadaados claim. For starters somali tribalism is a social construction; the abtiris´we use is flawed; ´defying the basic tenents of islam; it is lies coocked and fed to the people;: the wadaado's nourish this pathetic system by reciting the holy quran and give it some islamic touch; and before you know it, every bugger who calls himself wadaad sells this nonsence of tribalism and in the process justifies murders, rapes etc!

The apologists of tribalism actually claim as you eluded to that tribalism parse is not a bad thing ; but it is the usage - qabyaalad! what a nonsense!

Wadaad-waranle xaad ku macneey lahayd? shed some light please!

Ngonge, with all due respect, you display the characteristic of a compulsive contributor smile.gif

What do you mean by a valid argument? who validates it?

Yeah, I might have made a mistake generalising (and I corrected that in the reply to Ashkiro), but the issue remains that the somali wadaados are very much responsible for the potency of tribalism- which in the extension is why our society has become the laughing stock of the globe. The wadaados are respected by Somalis; but many of them give approval to the heinous crimes committed against somalis; every warlord, every child murderer in somalia prays behind a wadaad; every warlord seeks blessing in a wadaad; every power hungry thug respects the wadaad.

Indeed wadaados make a mistake; but this is more than a mistake; this is called mispresentintg the Quran which many of us hold dear; They lie delibrately to get a few bucks, a meal or earn respect. '

This collective lies is wrong.

Go and talk your local wadaad; Ask him if Allah meant somali "tribes" or Somalis. Tell him that the ab´tiris does not add up;

My guess is that he is going to tell you; Allah sanctioned it!

P.s SOS; Soomaalidu waxay ku maahmaahdaa: Faqiih tolkii kama Janno tago."

This is exactly the problem? waa tolke? My faqhi claims that he is my tol, but a critical scrutiny reveals that he is not!

NGONGE   

^^ One minute you say you don't want to generalise and the next you go right ahead and generalise. Adeer, I am telling you that your argument is not VALID. It has no legs to stand on. It IS a sweeping generalisation.

Your second point about qabiil and Islam might be one that is worth discussing but I am afraid you already madeup your mind on that one and are just teasing us with your 'inside' knowledge (since you did not really provide any solid argument for your stance).

Still, just in case you start thinking I only post to ruin your day, let me help you out by asking a few questions:

1- Are ALL wadaads doing this thing you accuse them of? If not, drop this part of the subject saaxib.

2- What is your understanding of Islam and how it views clans/tribes?

War ama wax la kaalay ama this compulsive contributor will just tell you stuff and nonsense. smile.gif

Coloow   

Ngonge, I have a hectic schedule and cannot engage in your "straw man" approach. We shall go nowhere if you keep on attacking the messenger instead of the message. This thread was started to gage a debate; and your first reaction was "stuff and nonsense". You should have at least addressed some of the issues I raised. It is a rude and childish way to respond- don't you think? Alternatively, if you felt that it was "stuff and nonsense" you could ignore it.

1: If you read what I wrote above, I have apologised for generalising- and Mr. Nuur has corrected me on that (albeit in Somalia to which you have a visible handicap)

2: My stance is clear; Somali tribalism has no justification in the Quran (that is my main point Einstein) smile.gif

Marka naga xidh maandhow!