Sign in to follow this  
Wiilo

Is Ethiopia The De Facto Ruler Of Somalia ?

Wiilo   

I came across this article, and dicided to post it so people can see how and what some of us is thinkg about this whole Ethopia ruling our country indirectly thing...

Is Ethiopia The De Facto Ruler Of Somalia ?

Saturday, February 04, 2006

It was destiny from the Almighty Allah that created the Muslim Somalis and the Orthodox Christian Amharas-Tigrean Ethiopians as neighbours in the Horn of Africa. Since time immemorial, the Muslim Somalis and the Christian Ethiopians have been fighting devastating wars among themselves.

The most deadly battles between the Somalis and the Ethiopians took place in the 15-16 centuries and 19-20 centuries. The most deadly and bloodiest battles took place in 1977-78 when the Somalis nearly succeeded to retake their stolen lands from Ethiopia but Russia and Cuba entered the war on the side of Ethiopia and forced the bright and gallant Somali soldiers to retreat in defeat.

Somalia never recovered from the ****** war with Ethiopia and it precipitated the downfall of Siyad Barre's dictatorship and the country plunged into a spiral of tribal confrontations and international criminal neglect and unhelpful interventions.

But the most shameful and unpatriotic acts happened when Ethiopia recruited tens of senior Somali officers, warlords and even civilian intellectuals in order to undermine Somalia's cause, stability and unity.

Those note- able Somalis recruited by Ethiopia include:

1. Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed (current president)

2. Ali Mohamed Ghedi ( current premier)

3. Gen. Omar Hagi Masale

4. Mohamed Omar ( Mohamed Dheere )

and many others who are well known. My point is: Ethiopia has been destroying Somalia by using noted Somali officials like the ones mentioned above.

In the unhappy long history of Somalia and Ethiopia, it has never been reported a single Ethiopian military official or civilian who defected to Somalia acting as a traitor to his native Ethiopia as did the Somali officials. This is a shameful act on the part of those Somali individuals who obediently follow Ethiopian whims and undercut Somalia's honour and independence.

The concept of tribal based regional states such as Somaliland, Puntland etc is an Ethiopian idea and this concept was followed through in the Kenyan Somali conference where Somalia was labelled as 'federal states'. Most thinking Somalis know that the concept of 'federalism' is an alien concept and it will never work in Somalia.

Unashamedly, Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, Ali Mohamed Ghedi, Mohamed dheere etc have made a habit to go to Addis to brief prime minister Zanewi of Ethiopian on any matter concerning Somalia. The legitimate question is: Who rules Somalia ? Isn't it Meles Zanewi who calls the shots when it comes to Somalia.

We also witness massive Ethiopian weapons being delivered to Abdullahi Yusuf, Somaliland, Puntland, Mohamed dheere etc so that Somalia will never establish peace, statehood and social development. There are also hundreds of Ethiopian spy agents in the towns of Hargeisa, Boosaaso, Gaalkacyo, Jowhar, Mogadishu, Baydhabo etc to sabotage stability in Somalia.

In conclusion, the country of Somalia is indirectly ruled by the state of Ethiopia through proxy Somali leaders and it is high time to break the 'shackle of colonialism' by Ethiopia on Somalia.

The best way to overcome the Ethiopian web of hostility and their agents against Somalia is to initiate popular uprising in Somalia culminating in the over throw of insincere, tribal and national traitor politicians who work for Ethiopia and undermine Somalia's dignity and sovereignty.

The Somali people must not expect any good of those Somali politicians who bow to Ethiopia because Ethiopia is ruled by a fascist elite whose whole strategy is to make Somalia a nation of the past !!

I would also call on all thinking Somalis to count on their resources and forget that foreigners would alleviate their social ills. In history, foreigners have always looted and harmed Somalia and never did anything good to Somalia. Italy, France and Britain had ruled Somali territories for over 90 years, did they build Schools, hospitals, roads, factories or other vital infrastructures for social development ?? Ethiopia and Kenya still exploit and harass the Somali masses who are under their black colonialism !!

It is time to get Somalia back on course and free from the shackles of Ethiopia !

Kaarshe Majiid ( Kaligii Jabhad )

Xigasho: Hobyonet.com

Gabbal   

Even though they are both despicable, I think there should be a distinction between those Ethiopia recruits and those that recruit Ethiopia.

there shouldnt be no distinction! ones a crook always crook! u cant teach an old crook a new game soo ma ahaa!

i do believe this will have a real precautions and you will see the other positive off springs of these stray leaders! they nothing but 2 bit money hunger so called leaders who cant do nothing about their ppl or country!!

its just something that we have to go thru! sooner or later, we wil arise again. dont doubt

it. proud 1s cant be depressed that long! they defy that can of stuff!!

long live somalia!! i love u somalia!! :cool:

Jacpher   

If not all, most of the Somali politicians are political puppets for Ethiopia, Arabs, or someone else. When you think of them, the Somali proverb, Rag hunguri buu isku raacay, comes to mind. It says a lot about their true character.

Sayyid   

Even though they are both despicable, I think there should be a distinction between those Ethiopia recruits and those that recruit Ethiopia.

What a irony! Double-standards comes to mind. I personally believe that whoever deals with Ethiopia in an unappriorprate way should be condemned.

For example Omar Haji Masale is the worst kind of Ethiopian recruits because of his willingness to kill his own kin for a small exchange. It was this guy who with the help of the Ethiopian army and countless mecenaries killed thousands in gedo region only to please his superior masters at least others haven't sunk that low.

Yes Ethiopia is de facto ruler of Somalia because they occupy large chunks of the country and they've access to all cities. I used to wonder when people would say a Ethiopian Army brigade arrived in Beled Xaawo, Garbaharey, Ceelbarde, Hargaysa, Garoowe and Gaalkacyo but the most astonishing thing was that the leaders of those cities would make a big fiest for those Ethiopian soldiers in order to "celebrate" their honoured guests arrivals. It is a islamic virtue to welcome "guests" and neighbours but I wouldn't excatly classify "those" ethiopian mercenaries as "guests" for the ordinary somali person on the street but rather guests of those unguided militia leaders!

Gabbal   

^The difference between the Gen Omar Hagi you insult and the Col Abdulahi Yusuf you praise is minuscule. Both used Ethiopian troops to fight Al Itihad and the Islamic governance of their respective regions. Why do you praise one and insult the other?