Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

And So I Bow ....

Xafsa   

And So I Bow

Running in again, the third time today and just in from Math Honors Society she doesn't even stop to catch her breath before jumping into the restroom to make a quick ablution. Frantically trying to beat time she runs and almost falls down the stairs, stumbling over her feet. Finally calm and assembled she assumes her normal composure of sincerity and focus. As she lifts her hands up over her shoulders to symbolically push all material concerns away, she quietly utters three of the most powerful words she has ever known: "God is Greatest." Already absorbed in her prayer her body begins to tremble slightly, as if a rush of emotions is building up waiting to break free. She bends her head slightly to direct her gaze at the ground and the corner of her head-covering falls softly over her elbow. In a sincere and humble tone she recites verses of the Holy Qur'an, of which she has so persistently worked long and hard to memorize. She gives herself up to the power of the occasion as she bows down to her Lord, face on floor in a position of the utmost humility. "Praise be to my Lord the Most High," she repeats to herself three times with only the desire to please her Lord. Asking forgiveness and giving thanks, she stands up again but this time with teary eyes. She can not help but be overcome with emotions at the remembrance of His infinite mercy and kindness. She can not help but feel ashamed of all the hurtful things she has said and done and all the ways in which she has misused His gifts to her. Like the devoted believers of old she prays her prayer as if it is her last. As if this is her final chance to seek forgiveness, redeem herself, give thanks, and draw herself closer to the Almighty. Grief stricken and frightened she suddenly realizes how unworthy and unthankful she is, how wasteful and materialistic she has grown. In such a state she appeals to her Lord, "Forgive me, educate me, guide me." Again she recites from the Qur'an and it lifts her spirit and gives her hope; "If Allah findeth any good in your hearts, He will give you something better than what has been taken from you, and He will forgive you for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. (8:70) Allah hath prepared for them gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein: that is the supreme felicity. (9:89)" She pleads her case, "I've always tried my hardest, challenged myself for the best, advocated service to You and your creations, worked to increase my knowledge, and all for You. Please give me the strength, hope, and willpower to persevere." As her prayer nears an end she again bows down. A calmness and peace seem to surround her, encircle her rolled up body and rest upon her arched back. She suddenly feels as if she can do no wrong, as if nothing evil can touch her. She sits upright again and turns her head to the right and then the left saying "Peace and blessings be unto you" to the angels perched on her shoulders. Her spirit and mind is renewed and she is ready to work hard, contribute positively, and achieve the best. She is ready for the challenge and the sacrifice and suddenly her A.P. Calculus project no longer seems so impossible and uninteresting.

Nur   

Flying Still

Too bad I only have two thumbs to raise for this spectacular piece, so vivid and rich, not only can I follow the outset description of this masterpiece, but figuratively, I delved deep in her thought process and communications link.

InshAllah I will repost a write up that will add another dimension to this great post. Again, jazaakellahu Khairan sister

Nur

Xafsa   

Nur and Conscious Manipulation I'm glad you enjoyed this piece. I think it sums up the feelings you have when you have performed your salaah with sincerity and devoution.

Nur looking forward to your write up walaal.

Rahima   

SUBXANALLAH!!!

This is by far one of the most profound posts i've read, jazaakum Allahu Khayr macaan for sharing it with us.

If only you knew how much i needed to read such a post. Subxanallah, sometimes we get so caught with school, exams and life in general that we forget what is important. Thanks for the reminder smile.gif

Raxmah   

Such a beautiful article, thanks for sharing sis. I trully enjoyed reading it.

We are so caught up in this world, that we sometimes forget what we are placed on earth for in the first place, thanks for the reminder.

Nur   

Flying Still

Below is an article I wrote earlier this year on Snet, it is about three educated Muslims sisters who have not only succeeded in their education and careers brilliantly, but also are actively living Islamically to change the tribalist mentality of our people, even the fictitious corresponded in my write up is a sister, I've even used some fictitious male actors in my play, but my focus was to encourage sisters to excel in the sciences,just like how you highlited it in your above post and at the same time to help heal the tribal mistrust and rivalry of our people education and cooperation, excuse the Technical jargon and enjoy reading:

NURTEL LABS

News Letter V. 01 Jan 19, 2003

Engineers at NURTEL are close to a break through after many failed attempts to converge the three main WAN networks into a single network capable of handling Reer Qurac, Reer Qansax and Reer Galool traffic patterns using the same physical medium. Engineers, mathematicians and economists have tried the last two weeks in modelling an optimized system that can solve an equation in 15 unknowns. Their main concern was the cost of dupicating service that are draining national wealth and talent.

Currently the three separate networks, in addition to several other networks that seem very stable as they run their traffic in the background. Attempts to create psecial arrangement such as S- COIN-REO( Somali Communities of Interest to Reach Each Other) between them failed which is making system users confused.

Mr. Warsame, Senior Product Development at NURTEL was all smiles today at the press conference held in the Four Seasons Hotel at this sleepy town of Las Anod, a bottleneck of two heavy traffic generators " Our engineers have tested a successful mathematical model in a virtual environment and we have successfully sent three types of traffic down the same pipe at the same time without any conflicts" said Chief Test and modeling Engineer at NURTEL LABS at the Buhodle Technology Park. " The trick was that we designed an environment that makes each of the three traffic streams think that it is the only one using the infrastructure, without even sensing the others presence" Said Miss Sabaad Caynaanshe, " once this experiment succeeds, the next one would be a total convergence, such that there would be no more differentiation between the traffic formats " added Miss Caynanshe, the Chief Operations Research Mathematician at the NURTEL labs, a graduate of McGill University in Ontario, Canada, recipient of Kappa Mu Epsilon award and Omega Rho Distinction in addition to her Al Madina Al Munawara University's Distance learning Scholar of the year award.

The good news was simultaneously confirmed in the webcast at our three other research Centers at Xuddur Scientific Research and Develoment Park , Xarar Dheere Oceanography & Technology Think tank headed by Miss Batuulo Gabeyre, ex NASA undersea simulations laboratory director, and the Chief Scientist at Ammoud Technology Corridor in Borama. The trial was closely followed by Sheikh University's Signal Processing lab , General Dheel Applied Electronics Research Center in Bosaaso with enthusiasm.

At Xuddur, Dr. Mirifle the acting Director of the prestigious Xuddur Scientific Consortium, which represents multiple research institutions from Baidoa to Daafeed, was pessimistic about the breakthrough " We will have to wait and see how the three traffic formats utilize the same infrastructure without any system breakdown in real life trials, only then can we consider sending our engineers to learn from your successful experience"

Faduma Sharif Caydaruus, from Buhodle,

Cambaro Keenadiid from Xarar Dhere

and Afrax Qorroxow from Boorama

NURTEL NEETWORKS

Building Bridges of Understanding

nuune   

Bro Nur, i really enjoyed your article,not just it tells how to make the WAN network into single volume of network,but also tells how it is possible to achieve such a mainstream continuum only by using a single WAN network that can handle the activity or or the patterns of so many inter-changeable small network,peace

Haaruun   

Flying_Still, this is such a wonderful piece......I can't wait to do the same thing @ lunch time (duhur)....this is excatly what we need, something that boosts up our needy/darkened hearts.

Changed   

asalam caleykom

i read ur article a while ago flying and walahi yesterday while i was in lab i thought about it and i left class to pray duhr...thanks much for the article sis jazaka allah

Xafsa   

I am glad that that articel has inspired so many changes.....I guess we all needed that. I can speak for myself and say that to me salah has just become another task to be done....but now alxam dulilaah I realise that it is what you make of it.

Nur thank you walaal for the inspiring article. Very well written.