Abdinuur   

...Thought Might Interest Ya'll.

BismAllah - hir - Rahman - nir - Rahim

Enes Ibn Malik reports that a

Bedouin came to the Messenger of Allah and greeted him in the mosque. The

Messenger of Allah asked him where did he come from. The Bedouin said:"I

came from far seeking answers to some questions".Our master told him to ask

his questions":

I wish to be an intelligent man, what should I do?

Holy Prophet Replied, "Fear Allah".

I wish to be a loyal servant to Allah and do what He wants

me to do?

Holy Prophet Replied, "Read the Qur'an."

I wish to be enlightened and have peace of heart?

Holy Prophet Replied, "Remember Death".

I wish to be protected against enemies?

Holy Prophet Replied,

"Trust in Allah".

I wish to follow the Straight Path?

Holy Prophet Replied, "Do good to others for Allah's sake".

What should I do so that Allah does not abase me?

Holy Prophet Replied, " Do not respond to the desires of your flesh".

I wish to have a long life?

Holy Prophet Replied,

"Praise and thank Allah".

I wish for prosperity?

Holy Prophet Replied, "Be in a state of ablution at all times".

How can I save myself from the hellfire?

Holy Prophet Replied, "Protect your eyes and your tongue and

your hands and what is below your

waistline against evil".

How can I cleanse myself from my sins?

Holy Prophet Replied, "Shed tears for what you have

done and repent by undoing what you have

done wrong".

I wish to be a respectable person?

Holy Prophet Replied, "Then, don't ask for anything from anybody".

I wish to be honorable?

Holy Prophet Replied, "Then don't divulge the wrong doings of anybody".

What should I do to protect myself from the tortures of

the grave?

Holy Prophet Replied, "Recite the Surah Mulk".

What should one do to be rich?

Holy Prophet Replied, "Read the Surah Muzammil".

How should I calm my fear of the day of last judgment?

Holy Prophet Replied,"Remember Allah before you eat anything and before you

sleep".

What should I do to feel the presence of Allah when I make

my prayers?

Holy Prophet Replied,"Give the

utmost care in taking your ablutions and in being clean and

pure.

Forward this e-mail to a

number of people you know and by the grace of Allah you will be blessed for each

person you forward this e-mail to

Insha-Allah.

[This message has been edited by Abdinuur (edited 04-19-2002).]

Hibo   

Funny indeed.....thnkz 4 sharing that with us.

------------------

"My Umi says shine your light on the world..." Mos Def

Abdinuur   

~Asalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu~

IslamicSign2.gif

~**Salahadeen**~

Known to the West as Saladin, Salah-adeen Yusif ibn Ayoub ibn Marwan was born in the year 1137 in the region of Iraq. Famous in the Western history books for his encounter with Richard the Lion heart, he is very seldom portrayed in his true light.

It is said that he was of good build, with a bright face, sharp eyes and a dark thick beard. In terms of his-character he is famed for his courage, strength of Iman and love of reading Quran. He was noted for his eloquent speech and mercy to his people. Although tough with the non believers he respected their creeds and allowed them to worship freely. Many of them holding good positions during his era.

Salah-a-deen died and was, buried in Damascus on the 4th February 1197, he left behind nothing more than 47 silver pieces and one gold coin.

During Salah-a-deen's lifetime the Muslims had become - much like they are today disunited and subject to humiliation from foreign powers, namely, the Christians. The following is an account of how Salah-a-deen set about liberating Palestine from the Christian crusaders after he had united the Muslims under his leadership.

In 1169 Salah-a-deen took rule of Egypt, thereafter he set about improving its situation and uniting the State. After he had established his army in Egypt he proceeded to unite the various smaller Arab States that had become semi-independent states. In particular he annexed these States surrounding Palestine. Salah-a-deen considered it first necessary to unite Muslims before he could challenge the Christian kingdoms in the Holy lands.

In 1187 the Christian King of Karak, who was called Arnat, attacked an innocent group of pilgrims travelling to make the hajj. The attackers, showing no mercy, plundered, tortured the men, dishonoured the women. Whilst killing the pilgrims Arnat said: “Go tell Mohammad and ask him if he can save you.” This event brought to an end a period of temporary peace that had ensued between Salah-adeen and the Christians who were occupying Palestine. Salah-a-deen who had always longed to free Al-Quds (Jerusalem) and Al-Aqsa Mosque, was now presented with the opportunity to face the Christians.

When the news of this event reached Salah-a-deen he hid his anger and sent a polite message to King Arnat. In the letter he asked him to respect the peace agreement, to free all the prisoners and to return whatever he had stolen. The King however refused Salah-a-deen's request. This left Salah-a-deen with no choice but to teach the King a good lesson.

After preparing his army in Damascus, in March 1187. Salah-a-deen proceeded to Karak. After taking Karak Salah-a-deen decided to move north towards Tabarieh to assess the reaction of the Christian armies.

The Christian army collected at Nazarate under the leadership of the King of Jerusalem. The battle commenced in May 1187 and ended in complete defeat for the Christians. The Christian army, now strengthened with reinforcements - including Richard the Lionheart - were bent on seeking revenge. It appeared as if the whole Christian army collected at Safarid.

Salah-a-deen, however, was always one step ahead of them. He decided to avoid Safarid and attack Tabarieh first. Salah-a-deen's plan was to force the Christian to leave their positions in Safarid so that they would be tired and exhausted by the difficult journey. In July 1187 Salah-a-deen destroyed Tabarieh.

Forced into leaving their positions Salah-a-deen's plan worked perfectly. The Christians wore bulky armour and heavy weapons, the intense heat and lack of water combined with the difficult terrain, weakened and exhausted the Chr istian soldiers. And what was awaiting them? Well prepared Muslim fighters willing to die for the sake of Allah.

On the 4th July 1187 the Christians paid their highest price to date. The Muslim army had surrounded the Christians and when the heat was unbearable and the fighting at its peak, Salah-a-deen gave orders to set fire to the grass and shrubs surrounding the enemy. Their suffering complete, Salah-a-deen inflicted on them a resounding defeat.

After this defeat the Christians amassed a strength of 50,000 fighters to do battle at Hiteen. The Christians lead by the Kings of Jerusalem, Karak and Tripoli were again defeated badly. Many of their princes and knights were taken as prisoners. It was Allah’s will that Salah-a-deen should meet face to face with King Arnat of Karak, the butcher of innocent pilgrims. Before killing him with his own hands Salah-a-deen told him he was killing him for defaming the honour and dignity of the Prophet (saw) and for the murder of innocent Muslims.

From Hiteen Salah-a-deen opened the Castle at Tabarieh. He then moved on to Akka and on a Friday he opened it peacefully. After performing the first Friday prayer he left the city to his son Al-Abdal. Salah-a-deen then proceeded north to Sida and Beirut. All this occurred in one month.

At the outset Salah-a-deen's goal had been the liberation of Al-Quds, the eradication of the Christian Kingdom and the uniting of the Muslim Ummah under his Islamic leadership. With Jerusalem his target he moved to Askalan. This enabled him to cut off Jerusalem from the Mediterranean sea and by so doing isolating Jerusalem. He accomplished this on the 5th September 1187.

Before moving on Jerusalem he arranged with the well known Egyptian sailor, Hussain Uddeen El Hajeb, to move the Egyptian navy close to Palestine so as to prevent the Christian navy from approaching the coastline.

On the 19th September 1187 Salah-a-deen approached Jerusalem and proceeded to lay siege on the City. He bombarded the City with fire and projectiles until the Christians surrendered. The Muslim army led by Salah-a-deen entered the City peacefully on Friday the 2nd October 1187. He replaced the Cross with the Islamic flag and took down the large cross from the Dome of the Rock, all traces of Christian symbolism was removed from Al Aqsa Mosque.

Salah-a-deen expressed in the most practical way the kindness, and mercy of Islam when, at the peak of his victory and power he gave freedom for all inhabitants of Jerusalem to leave the City unharmed. When the Crusaders conquered Jerusalem in 1099 the streets of the City flowed with the blood of 70,000 slaughtered Muslims.

After Jerusalem, Salah-a-deen opened negotiations with the Christians to leave the Islamic lands. The last stronghold of the Christians, Akka, was removed by the hand of Salah-a-deen's successor Zahir Babers.

In reflecting upon this short glimpse of Salah-a-deen's life there are a number of points that come to mind. Firstly, it is important to remember that the Christian presence in the Middle East had remained unchallenged for over one hundred years. The Muslim states were divided and were in a period of unmistakable decline. In many respects there is a certain analogy with our situation today. However there is one major difference. In Salah-a-deen's days the system being applied by the Muslims was Islamic, but it had lost its dynamism. What was needed was a man of Salah-a-deen's intellect, character and determination to bring the State back on the right tracks. Today however a man of Salah-a-deens, character is not enough. Because now there is no Islamic system no matter how ill in itself - so simply to bring a leader in isolation of the system will not achieve the result. So it is no good to look for a man like .Salah-a-deen, we have to build first the system that can allow that ascent to take place. Secondly, Salah-a-deen correctly analysed the correct way to rid the foreign presence from Muslim land. Before engaging with the enemy he imposed his dominance on all the smaller governates. Only after he had unified the Muslims under his leadership did he engage the enemy.

Today we are faced with the Jewish presence in our Holy land of Palestine. Unfortunately the Muslim Ummah is being ruled by extremely weak and puppet governments. Where Muslims have engaged the Jews they have done so under an insincere leadership. Leaders such as Nasser, Sadat, Assad and Hussein have connived with Israel not to allow the sons of the Muslim Ummah to undertake a true Jihad. Israel, for example, would not have dared to enter Lebanon if they had any uncertainty of the faithlessness in Islam of Assad and Hussein. Faced with this situation what should we do? Salah-a-deen showed us the way.

We have no doubt that the true believers will crush the Jewish presence once and for all. Indeed this is the fulfilment of Allah's promise through his Messenger Mohammad (saw):

"THE HOUR SHALL NOT OCCUR TILL THE MUSLIMS FIGHT THE JEWS AND THE MUSLIMS KILL THEM, SO MUCH SO THAT THE JEWS WILL SEEK SHELTER BEHIND STONES AND TREES, AND THE STONE AND TREES WILL PROCLAIM '0 MUSLIM, 0 SERVANT OF ALLAH! THERE IS A JEW BEHIND ME, SO COME AND KILL HIM! THE EXCEPTION WILL BE THE GARQAD TREE AS IT IS A TREE OF THE JEWS." On the authority of Abu Huraira (R.A.) related by Bukhari and Muslim.

However, under the present leadership there can be no doubt that a true Jihad will never be waged. As Salah-a-deen concentrated on unifying the Muslims before fighting the Christians. We have to establish the rule of Islam by the re-establishment of the Khilafah before we fight Israel. Only when the rule of Islam has been established, and Islam becomes the guide, motive, and driving force of the Ummah can the problem of Israel be solved.

However, this does not mean that the fight against the Jewish State must stop, or that making peace with Israel is allowed. Neither does this mean that all attempts to liberate the Muslims holy land is destined to fail.

By way of a final word, when Sadat visited Jerusalem to conclude the Peace agree-

ment, the Imam of Al Aqsa Mosque questioned the purpose of his visit, saying "This Holy place was opened by Khalifah Omar, liberated by Salah-a-deen, in which way have you come Sadat ?".

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com redface.gifffice redface.gifffice" /><o tongue.gif></o tongue.gif>

Al-Fajr Magazine, August 1986[/i]

[This message has been edited by Abdinuur (edited 04-19-2002).]

Hibo   

Maasha Allah - Thanks for sharing the beauty and the goodness of remembering Allah SWT.

God Bless.

------------------

"He tried to be somebody by trying to be like everybody, which makes him a nobody."

Buubto   

cwm20.gif Abdinuur thanx bro that was good remainder.

------------------

"Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty: establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith." (3:147)

MaandeeQ   

Maasha 'Allah Abdinur, May Allah bless U bro, n plz keep posting anything that u think it might enlighten US about our Islam. S/C/W/B

Hibo   

Abdinuur: waryaahe.....waa is ognahay! why paint this picture...?? looooool.. anyways that was good....keep them flowing...

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress