Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Somaliland turns from Hope to Despair

Taleexi   

By Prof. Dr. Muhammad Shamsaddin Megalommatis

Published: 10/25/2007

Many people had thought that, viewed comparably with the chaotic and bellicose Somali South, Somaliland and Puntland in the Northwest and the Northeast would be idyllic spots of calmness and peace in the Horn of Africa area.

Read here in full

I did not read this article, I admit, so I don’t really know what the author is on! One thing is clear though, and that is Somaliland is about to be part of the Somali civil war, which it has wisely stayed out for a long time. That fact can neither be eclipsed by Northern and JB’s one-line dismissals, nor can those who genuinely concern about the stability of the northern regions ignore it.

N.O.R.F   

^^You have repeated the same line for the past few weeks and I'm beginning to think it more of a wish rather than any sort of a prediction.

^^Ah! What does the LA debacle tell you yaa N? Nothing?

Either you bought Riyaale’s propaganda line of LA being internal thing and have nothing to do with Somali proper, or you're ignoring it conveniently adeer!

^^The issues are irrelevant here for we know what they are. The consequences of Riyaale’s admin are the controversy here adeer. It’s apparent to me that war is inevitable as long SL militia is in LA. And war in that region means civil war to me!

What's your read on this adeer :D ?

^^Are you in SL politics saaxiib? You are uncharacteristically tightlipped on this issue!

Time will indeed tell many things, but we are discussing events that already happened on the ground. We are not as though we are predicting who will come out on top in the political tussle between Geedi and the old man. We are frankly commenting on a reality on the ground. Things being the way they are, the next logical step is a war.

Come again.

N.O.R.F   

There is really nothing I can add saxib. Yes some sort of confrontation is likely but a full scale war I hope not. The onus here is on reer LA and what they agree is the way forward.

Oodweyne, easy with the swagger adeer---you may swallow your words back after hindsight!

Wax Oodweyne gaardiyi ogaa guusha nabadeede’e

Ganka laga abbaaray iyo fatada gadawyadeediiy’e :D

**** hadduu geesi yahay lama garaacceenn’e

Geelisii lama cayriyeene tan iyo gaw-gaw’e …

But in all seriousness you are right on one thing and that is your entity is willing to commit some sort of suicide [in terms of jeopardizing its stability] as the political desperation from your part is quite obvious to all who care to ponder. Namely, recognition is not forthcoming anytime soon and the commoners are catching up with your spins. So the calculus of starting tribal wars in the name of closing colonial borders is really understandable!

All in all, baal xooftada jooji adeer, LA waa layskugu immmaan maraan fogeyn haddaadan wiilasha xaafadahoodii ku celin...

Incase you lose this one...please don’t go awol on us, and digest it by reading article THE DIFFICULT ART OF LOSING :D and come back to chat with us here in SOL.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

I did not read this article, I admit, so I don’t really know what the author is on! One thing is clear though, and that is Somaliland is about to be part of the Somali civil war, which it has wisely stayed out for a long time. That fact can neither be eclipsed by Northern and JB’s one-line dismissals, nor can those who genuinely concern about the stability of the northern regions ignore it.

We know what we're doing sxb ..... i'm not worried at all.

I advice you: Waxba ha is xiijinin.