Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Johnny B, an Invitation For A Dialogue

JB, the stud of SOL.

It was my intention to take a break from SOL’s debate forums for this blessed month. Ramadan, I thought, is a bountiful month where opportunities exist to impose a lasting self-discipline: a season of khery where the influence of good overwhelms that of the wicked. In a good measure, I was at it until I saw this thread. It enticed me to return to compensate for anomalies not anticipated in my original assumption (no more assumptions,I promise). In his absence, Nur has left an intellectual vacuum that I am unequal to fill. I am adolescent to his religious knowledge and his ability to reason. Mine is a mere ad hoc for your desire to debate. So before Nur’s safe return, let me entertain you as I hate to see you disappointed in your analytical pursue.

What do you say about Nur’s five points, saaxiib?

1.Either believe in Allah or you don’t, if this is the case, the discussion takes on a different path. If you, then read on.

2.You believe in Allah but you have doubts on his judgments

3.You believe in Allah, you trust His judgments but you don’t believe in Prophet Muhammad

4.You believe in Allah you trust His judgments, you also believe in Prophet Muhammad but you doubt on his judgments

5.You believe in Allah, you trust His judgments, you also believe in Prophet Muhammad and you trust also trust his judgments but you doubt the authenticity of the Hadith, especially those with implicit inequality between men and women.

P.S: You can ignore the whole debate if you think the whole thing is inopportune quarrel. In that case, I will surely go back to my sawmacah.

Baashe you’re on to something, aren’t you?

Ramadan Kariim to all.

Johnny B   

Good Xiin, from my point of view you´re just as formidable as Brother Nur,so spare the meekness. but it would be unfair to debate you, woulden´t it?.

This is Nur´s Invitation,but i can´t help wondering, what would your intention be?

1:to debate my famouse comment?

2:to entertain me on any account of the Nur´s 5 points?

3:to pick any assumption that we disagree on and you KNOW of it?

4:to break your sawmacah with JB and blame him forever?

Xiin, i´ve survived your ad logicam so your ad hocs are well appreciated.

Bro Salifi,we wait, just to make you satisfied :D

^^I suspect not that you wish to fly too close to the baking sun. So One and two are good enough, yaa JB :D .

My intent is to engage you in a meaningful debate while Satan is bind with that heavenly chain. So wonder no more, saaxiib. There has been a pattern of ceaseless questioning from your inept mind and Ramadan may prove to be that fateful crunch for your intellectual curiosity.

Ad logicam you say? I honor none of the logical fallacies; the reason I gained our philosopher’s anger :D . Waste no time, good JB, in the strict adherence of its rules. It may make you look smarter but falls short in delivering truth.

P.S:- Nur's shoe does not fit, even if I try hard, and as soon as he returns I will resign from the stage. I have not gotten the Ijaasah yet, saaxiib.

Johnny B   

Good Xiin, let us assume that yo´re quite right about my closeness to the baking sun, but

since you use and live by , but regretably don´t honor logic and deductive reasoning,

how could anyone of us slice through all obfuscation in the subject of debate to come to bedrock? worse , how anyone of us could satisfy the audience?

I don´t know where Satan might be by now , nor do i care or sympathize with him( if he exists), but here i am regarding nature as primary and thought as a property ,or function of matter, and there you are having strict adherence to preconceived assumption ,guarded by closed senses, that may make you look meek enough in the sphere of the convirted philosophy that deliberately blosters the status qou., but is way too absurd for any free thinking open minded person.

what a debate where you throw some verses at me and i send it back with contradicting verses would lead to?

^^Look who’s doing the assumption now, good JB! Do I see camouflage with philosophical hype to evade the debate?

Don’t let your tenderfoot show its greenish push. Though eloquence is not your mark, you will find me accommodating to your inelegant talk. As you can see from the points I chose (1 and 2), I am interested to know the fundamentals of your surge. One and two, good JB, one and two, and don’t let the crop to fail!

Johnny B   

Good Xiin, aftre serious consideration i´ve decided NOT to debate you for the following reason:

A lack of reciprocal understanding of the purpose of the debate.

Good Xiin, your burning intrest and your intellectual curiosity are noted , but are neither good enough for me to engage you, nor presuassive enough to convince anybody to parttake a debate where one is NOT supposed to construct a connected series of statements to establish a definite proposition.,for validation and evaluation.

Xiin, i´ve to admit though , your last post made me tempted.

^^Waa kaa yeelay, mase garawsan sababtaad cuskisay. Adna mid naga yeel: dood quus ah oo caata ah golaha ha keenin. Haddaad keento difaaco oo meel saar. Dadka caqiidadooda ha maagin ee tixgeli oo qadari.

And that brings to halt our playful exchange.

P.S:-Jawaabahaagii dib baan u aqriyey, kuligood cod xabeebsan oo buuq ku furanyahay baad ku tiri.

------going back to my sawmacah--------

Johnny B   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Adna mid naga yeel: dood quus ah oo caata ah golaha ha keenin. Haddaad keento difaaco oo meel saar.

Good Xiin, beleive me, beeing irrational in Somali is just as fallacious :D

^^War Illeen ibtilo annagaa aragnay.

In general, you are smart and civil, and a good mannered fellow who does not mince his word. But this one is unbecoming of you.

Perhaps you should know, in the art of debate, to delineate and lay bare all the logical fallacies of a shaky argument is an essential function. If Xiin’s statement smells to you as flawed talk that’s constructed on a wobbly ground why not demolish it? What is this sheepish coy? How could you miss the opportunity to make one of eNur’s deputies shiver and die in the cold? How could you let it pass and not make your moment of fame? Would it not be something to boast for the months to come?

Or, as the case may be, you do not want to expose the cause of your abnormal surge. If that is the case, why loose your oddity in the woods of SOL? For all I know, you are not another charlatan who is not worthy for my dual.

Lets hold it there and, I promise, I will honor your retreat. And don’t call me out of my sawmacah again :mad: .

P.S: I hold Muttakallim responsible for your anomaly :D . Illaahow danbigiisa dhaaf.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Perhaps you should know, in the art of debate, to delineate and lay bare all the logical fallacies of a shaky argument is an essential function.

P.S: I hold
Muttakallim responsible for your anomaly
:D
. Illaahow danbigiisa dhaaf.

Dear Xiin, you really put a smile on my face !

Generally speaking i´ve nothing against the eNuri troops specially their deputies and ministers and Ukhtis, but i just think it is unfair to see intresting topics of all other subjects, be it socially, culturally or scientifically intresting issues abandoned becouse an eNuri officer with the right to shoot verses stumbled in and reads a papal bull.

P/S.. If half of Mutakalims good deeds were weighed against this anomaly of mine, i think still he´d make to Paradise, but i wont leave it there , i´ll make some cincere "Duá" for him.