Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

This is the Ethiopia they prostrate for.........

Coloow   

"the prerequisites for a fruitful and comprehensive debate between the different political opponents of SOL. "

1: what are the prerequisites for a fruitful and comprehensive debate?

2: the thread was not about SOL. READ: the thread is about the atrocities committed on somalis.

"mask". Could you please explain what you mean by mask.

Why do I get the feeling that You are probably used not being challenged.

By the way there are no political opponents on SOL. There are dabadhilifs blinded by tribalism and sane somalis who see things differently. I wish there were opponents.. but as the saying goes, if wishes were horses beggers could ride.

How can a thread on the rape of somali women become irrelevant? I could debate but the vernom on this site is repulsive.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

As NGONGE and many others in this thread have mentioned, this thread lacks the prerequisites for a fruitful and comprehensive debate between the different political opponents of SOL. I also sense alot of oneliner 'conspiracy-oriented' comments revealing the posters obvious temptation to resort to amateurish, dead-end, fadhi-ku-dirir discussions. Not my cup of shaax really.

The rape of Somali women and the terrorism commited against Somali women, children and elders doesn't need a " fruitful" and comprehensive debate between the "different" political" opponents of Sol. Either you are against this and your are shocked, hurt and saddened by those allegeations, which aren't new. Or you you can describe these things as meer conspiracies or label them as out of " Somali border" issues as Mr Duke asserts. This is probably because it contradicts the argument made by the Ethiopian supporters that the Ethiopian regime is a friend of the Somali people. Simply because the soldier who terrorises Somalis in Ocadenia will not become a saint once he is sent to Muqdisho to quote-unqoute "Liberate" Somalia!

Coloow   

Allmagan,

"OK, macallinka, may you find someone to debate with you in extremly pleasant way. "

I asked you to explain what you mean by "mask"- and you reply sarcastically????

You should know that SARBEEB is my surname.

Anyway, address the issue as summarised by Geeljire above; or spare the keyboard.

^^ smile.gif

address the issue as summarised by Geeljire above

Halgam, when I said macallinka, I was right, sxb! smile.gif what exactly do you want to know from me if I may ask, do you want to put the "words" you like into my mouth? what is it that you want me to say reg. this issue? I dont understand you at all. If you have problems decoding the "men in mask" or doesn't know what "mask" is then there places you get help from or you may look it up in dict. Good luck!

Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

The rape of Somali women and the terrorism commited against Somali women, children and elders doesn't need a " fruitful" and comprehensive debate between the "different" political" opponents of Sol. Either you are against this and your are shocked, hurt and saddened by those allegeations, which aren't new. Or you you can describe these things as meer conspiracies or label them as out of " Somali border" issues as Mr Duke asserts.

Well firstly, I would avoid limiting my reasoning and debating to merely being "shocked, hurt and sad" by any horrific incident that I might adress or use in my arguments, if my intention is to carry on a comprehensible debate on the political background of the incident.

To elaborate a bit more; any sane man would be shocked, sad and hurt by a raped woman whatever country she might be from, but isolating certain incidents and using it as a premise for your arguments show more resemblance to being a logical fallacy than a truthful statement on the nature and work that the TFG & Ethiopia is currently doing in Somalia.

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

As NGONGE and many others in this thread have mentioned, this thread lacks the prerequisites for a fruitful and comprehensive debate between the different political opponents of SOL. I also sense alot of oneliner 'conspiracy-oriented' comments revealing the posters obvious temptation to resort to amateurish, dead-end, fadhi-ku-dirir discussions. Not my cup of shaax really.

Look at you? Since when have you ever had a "comprehensive" debate on anything?

Your attempt to appear objective & cynical is noted ,But You need to come up with rebuttals that debunk these claims that you have labelled as "consipiracy-oriented" fadhi ku diris. "Not my kind of shax" aint gonna cut it,bring an analysis sxb.

So what is so unbeleivable about this NYT report?

Fabregas   

Firstly, these aren't isolated incidents, they have documented by international humanitarian agencies for a long time. Secondly these are not the only areas mass humans rights abuses have occured, take this for example:

quote:Human Rights Watch issued a report in 2005 that documented a rampage by government troops against members of the Anuak, a minority tribe in western Ethiopia, in which soldiers ransacked homes, beat villagers to death with iron bars and in one case, according to a witness, tied up a prisoner and ran over him with a military truck.”

Anyway, my challenge to you is to carry out a:

quote:a comprehensible debate on the political background of the incident.

the floor is yours....

Only Somalis! We can not get our own house in order and we are concerned with someone elses house? We finally have a salution for the plight of southern Somalia, we oppose it for some pointless reasons yet we are gonna pretend that we care about the plight of ******is? People, we can't seem to agree on Somalia, might we leave other countries out of it?

Anyway, my challenge to you is to carry out a:

quote:a comprehensible debate on the political background of the incident.

the floor is yours....

lol oo aniga maad hadana ii soo jeesatay arinta waxay mareyse adiga iyo hadaladaadiyee?

As I said in my earlier post, I want you to work out a comprehensible debate on the political background of the incident. Marka fadlan awoowe. Bashaalka noo bilaaw.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

GG, really? You are not credible adeer. I mean I don’t believe you are abstaining to participate in this thread for the reasons you stated. NG was quite duplicitous too there.

Here is a great article on one of America's premier News paperes detailing Ethiopia’s brutalities in that region. It could be the case that most of the things maintioned were known to you, or to NG, before. But one would think the fact that American people are exposed to such a blatant cruelty funded by their admin should be good enough for one to share his/her take on it, and at least discuss the potential congressional oversight it could unravel on DoB’s spendings!

Heh. Point out my duplicity, saaxib. Go on, point it out. :D

Had the angry kid posted the article and left it at that it would have been easy to see the point of the thread. In fact, it might have generated some useful discussion. But he was not content with letting the words of the articles speak for themselves. His was not really an attack on Ethiopia. He would rather waste his time chasing traitors, collaborators and so-called cowards. Even then, had it been about the TFG one would have to accept his arguments. But it's not even that, o wise Xiin! It's about irrelevant people such as Duke, Horn, et al!

I have no axes to grind with the TFG, ICU or Ethiopia. However, what I dislike are people that believe themselves to be on the right yet do all the wrong things to prove their righteousness. I said it before and repeat it again: the ICU, as a concept and as administrators, were great. But their politics let them down. However, that does not mean that in order for their supporters to still carry their message they HAVE to resort to cheap (and frankly) quite pointless attacks on those that don't rate the ICU as a viable political movement.

I still maintain that this thread is pointless and think it should be removed. Maybe you should start a new one with the article alone. You never know, the traitors might surprise you with some sound logic (though I doubt it).

Whatever you do, you wont be able to do it with those ICU rose tinted goggles on. Take them off and try some objectivity, o wise xiin.

Kashafa   

Khalaf,

Why you watching me like TV, sxb ? Ignore my comments if they're too hot to handle. The truth is always like that. If you've got anything worthy of saying, if you've got one original thought, say your piece.

I mean, fer cryin' out loud. My words managed to shake Khalaf outa hibernation. Same dude who was grouching about Violet's banning weeks after the fact, Same dude who was raising hell about Pi and Taako Man banishment doesn't blink a eye when I post two back-to-back threads detailing how Etho soliders brutalise Somali women...his sisters. Yet, true to his TFG apologist nature(he insists he's not a supporter), macalinka jumps up to man the defense anytime the cyber-traitors are under attack. Don't blame Ethiopia, he says. Don't blame the TFG....Saas aa lagaa rabaa..Man up, sxb. I like the new you..none of that muslim-boy-torn-between-his-tolka-and-his principles angst.

Just stop sweatin' me like that, sxb. Last thing on my mind is what cyber-dhabo-dhilifs think about this cyber-creation called Kashafa. If anything, I write my posts for the silent readership; SOL politics section is where nomads world-wide get their news commentary from, I'm just doin my part. Some of us weren't made out to be cut-and-paste wizards...like whatshisname..Duke "who knows much more than you in Somali politics"....and with that quote, somebody just sealed in stone their level of ignorance about Somali politics.

Do yourself(and this thread a favour), don't bother replying to what I just wrote. Focus on the NYT article that so many are avoiding. Can't stop the sun from shining, nor will putting lipstick on the TFG-pig help your cause.

Now do you have anything to contribute about the NYT article ? If shame and guilt are obstacles, no worries, you're not alone.

"Don't blame Ethiopia"...raggedii dheh

Ngogne,

This is not your Boredom thread, old man. Your affected calm fools no one but hides detached apathy and chronic cynicism(this is due to rejection experiences in life, says my Prof). One wonders if one would be so glib and so dupliticous if one's female family members were in harms way as the article so brutally exposes.

One thinks not.

Thanks but no thanks. If you wanna play the baiting game, you'll fail. Didn't work for Horn, won't work for you. This is not the thread for 12 pages of "you are this and this and this"

Follow my lead and do what I do. I said what was on my mind in my initial post and then followed up with some concrete(if i may say so myself) thoughts and action points. In the English language, that's called 'constructively contributing to a thread'.

Another example: Gordon, read the thread, didn't like what he saw, said his piece and bounced. That's somebody I can do business with, no matter our differences.

me,

Your welcome. Any word from the folks back home about the progress of the ONLF ? about any fall-out/reaction to the latest operations ?

Kashafa   

Now that we got allat nonsense out the way. Let's focus on the specifics.

I'd like to find out the following.

a) Is there anybody here that disputes the NYT story ?

b) How do TFG supporters manage to reconcile their love(ok, their alleigance..no ? ok, their comradeship ? good enough, I hope) for Ethiopia with the way it is commiting atrocities against fellow Somalis all across Somalia ? I mean if somebody could rationalise this for me, I'd be ever grateful.

c)Are you willing to abandon Somali-Galbeed to the Ethiopia if Zenwai promises(and delivers) to subdue the rest of Somalia through fire and steel to the TFG ?

Ignore any inherent sarcasm, the questions are legit.

Haneefah   

Shame on you folks....

Kashafa,

Walal, let me first thank you for posting such a incredible and noteworthy article, not because of the disheartening stories it narrates, but because of the opportunity it creates for the world to see first-hand the cries of the people of this forgotten land. People, as you already might know, who have been deprived of basic human rights, tortured, massacred, and most of all, hidden from world to observe for decades and decades.

Now, for the first time ever and despite all the obstacles and hurdles imposed on them to deter their mission, these courageous and determined journalists risked their own lives to visit the Ogadden in order to report on the plight of these people. Personally, I could barely get through the article because of the emotional toll it took on me, nonetheless, it did put a smile on my face.

This issue particularly concerns me as it hits very close home. As we speak, some extended family members, and both close and distant relatives of mine (including women and youngsters) are sitting inside small, smelly, pitch dark cells in Ethiopian jails. All horrified and not knowing if they will live to see tomorrow; some beaten to death and tortured, perhaps because of the name they carry, or simply because they belong to this land. Unfortunately, for some us, this is the harsh reality we continuously face and have to learn to deal with!

Having said that, I seem to be missing the point of why you felt like this thread of all the abundant other threads had to be the one to confront certain members whose political viewpoints you obviously consider abominable. Clearly, I don't have any insight as to how you folks discuss politics here or why extreme amount of tension and personal grudges exist between you all. However, I completely and sincerely fail to see what this piece of reporting-which mind you has significant value to those it concerns- has to do with the likes of Duke or for that matter, the ICU and TFG. Am I the only one missing the link here, or you people have become so desensitized to the point where you can't even take a moment to acknowledge the message being presented in the article? Some have the audacity to even call the thread pointless :rolleyes: Subxanallah.

I'm not pleading for anyone's sympathy or pity here, however, all I am saying is that this article deserves to be discussed on it own merit and anything beyond that (as we've seen so far by the members) is simply undermining the the issue at hand.

To borrow the words of the journalist when speaking about the freedom fighters in the video:

"Their dreadlocks symbolize their struggle..."

May Allah alleviate their pain, assist them in their struggle and let freedom reign in this part of the world, and the rest of Somali lands for that matter. Ameen.

Kashafa   

^ Allahuma Ameen. Excellent contribution, Haneefah. I'll be the first to own up. Shouldn't have targetted the cyber-traitors by name. Shoulda known that it would lead to derailing the thread. Shoulda known better.

Lesson learned: Call'em out on insignificant threads.

Waiting for a TFG-supporter to answer my Qs....