Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

This is the Ethiopia they prostrate for.........

Kashafa   

This is the ******, a spindle-legged corner of Ethiopia that the urbane officials in Addis Ababa, the capital, would rather outsiders never see. It is the epicenter of a separatist war pitting impoverished nomads against one of the biggest armies in Africa

Anab, a 40-year-old camel herder who was too frightened, like many others, to give her last name, said soldiers took her to a police station, put her in a cell and twisted her nipples with pliers. She said government security forces routinely rounded up young women under the pretext that they were rebel supporters so they could bring them to jail and rape them.

“Me, I am old,” she said, “but they raped me, too."

“This is a country that is abusing its own people and has no respect for democracy,” said Representative Donald M. Payne, Democrat of New Jersey and chairman of the House Foreign Affairs subcommittee on Africa and global health.

“We’ve not only looked the other way but we’ve pushed them to intrude in other sovereign nations,” he added, referring to the satellite images and other strategic help the American military gave Ethiopia in December, when thousands of Ethiopian troops poured into Somalia and overthrew the Islamist regime

Human Rights Watch issued a report in 2005 that documented a rampage by government troops against members of the Anuak minority tribe in western Ethiopia, in which soldiers ransacked homes, beat villagers to death with iron bars and in one case, according to a witness, tied up a prisoner and ran over him with a military truck

Peacock was typical of the rebels. He was driven by anger. He said Ethiopian soldiers hanged his mother, raped his sister and beat his father. “I know, it’s hard to believe,” he said. “But it’s true.”

The violence has been particularly acute against women, villagers said, and many have recently fled.

Asma, 19, who now lives in neighboring Somaliland, said she was stuck in an underground cell for more than six months last year, raped and tortured. “They beat me on the feet and breasts,” she said. She was freed only after her father paid the soldiers ransom, she said, though she did not know how much.

Ambaro, 25, now living in Addis Ababa, said she was gang-raped by five Ethiopian soldiers in January near the town of Fik. She said troops came to her village every night to pluck another young woman.

“I’m in pain now, all over my body,” she said. “ I’m worried that I’ll become crazy because of what happened.”

Expert or not, they are determined. They march for hours powered by a few handfuls of rice. They travel extremely light, carrying only their guns, two clips of bullets, a grenade and a tarp.
They brag about how many Ethiopians they have killed, and every piece of their camouflage, they say, is pulled off dead soldiers. They joke about slaughtering Ethiopian troops the same way they slaughter goats

Their morale seems high, especially for men who sleep in the dirt every night. Their throats are constantly dry, but they like to sing.

“A camel is delivering a baby today and the milk of the camel is coming,” goes one campfire song. “Who is the owner of this land?”

Source

Long live the Muqaawama. Long Live the Resistance. Long live the brave fighters of Somali-Galbeed.

This is the Ethiopia that our low-born low-bred cyber-traitors prostrate for. This is the Ethiopia they call their 'guests and allies'. This is the Ethiopia they shake their moneymakers at, being the premier political prostitutes of our times. Hiding under handles like Duke, Horn, Kamal,Gordon, Emperor, Dabshid, and Jacaylbaro, to name a few; With a straight face, they justify and rationalise what you have just read in the above qoutes. Dawladnimo !!, they cry. Somalinimo!!, they yell. Like dirty hyenas who scavange on their own dead, no act is too vile, no feat too low for the Xabashi Dhabo-dhilifs who dare call themselves Somali. Dhuli-nimo iyo Dhucfi maxaa lagaa dahaa.

Go ahead. Put your best spin-move on this courageous NYT piece of reporting. Better yet, blame it all on the ICU for 'inflicting this disaster on Somali-Galbeed'. Ever the little-men they are, runnin' around looking for a way to explain their infamy. ICU haa kaa saarto cathaabu jahanama.

God bless Donald Payne. Goes to show that there still are men of honour, beholden to nobody but their ethics, their morality, and their humanity, in American politics.

A Soomaali women's sad plight:

Anab, a 40-year-old camel herder who was too frightened, like many others, to give her last name, said soldiers took her to a police station, put her in a cell and twisted her nipples with pliers. She said government security forces routinely rounded up young women under the pretext that they were rebel supporters so they could bring them to jail and rape them.

“Me, I am old,” she said, “but they raped me, too."

Asma, 19, who now lives in neighboring Somaliland, said she was stuck in an underground cell for more than six months last year, raped and tortured. “They beat me on the feet and breasts,” she said. She was freed only after her father paid the soldiers ransom, she said, though she did not know how much.

Ambaro, 25, now living in Addis Ababa, said she was gang-raped by five Ethiopian soldiers in January near the town of Fik. She said troops came to her village every night to pluck another young woman.

“I’m in pain now, all over my body,” she said. “ I’m worried that I’ll become crazy because of what happened.”

And the Xabashi wannabe, Soomaali ku sheeg apologist:

“Our [Xabashi] soldiers are not allowed to do these kinds of things,” said Nur Abdi Mohammed, a government spokesman. “This is only propaganda and cannot be justified. If a government soldier did this type of thing they would be brought before the courts.”

1004.gif1004.gif1004.gif

Waxaas ayaa Soomaali sheeganaayo.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

Hiding under handles like Duke,
Horn
, Kamal,Gordon, Emperor, Dabshid, and Jacaylbaro, to name a few; With a straight face, they justify and rationalise what you have just read in the above qoutes.

Allaw alle.

Kashafa   

^ A man can't escape his past, Horn-ow, unless he comes out with a clear renunciation of his crimes(so to speak). Haven't seen that yet, and last I heard, you were still on the 'Blame the ICU for all the evils that have befallen us bandwagon'.

Nothing personal. Don't mean to personalise the issue but I strongly feel that attitudes and viewpoints online stem from discussions(Tol-ka) on the ground. That's why I felt it was relevant to mention certain names.

Glad to say that I only know of one openly pro-Xabashi Somali in real-life, and she's an elderly Eedo with a soft spot for Yey. The rest of my diverse Somali friends and acquaintances are staunchly anti-occupation, as they should be.

Gabbal   

Kashafa, the ICU is the cause of Ethiopia occupying Somalia. Where is the clan opportunist Indhacade and his boasts of going to Addis Ababa and calling for international "fighters" to Somalia? Drug barons led us to this point. Nothing you can say will erase this glaring fact.

Kashafa   

^ There you go again with your knee-jerk "Indocadde" reaction. It's fitting that your name is next to Duke, because that's your best talking point.

Indocadde has been done and done ad naesum. Open a new thread and I'll relieve you of your Indocadde woes. This thread is dedicated to discussing the NYT article. Any thoughts ? Or is the shame and guilt too strong, as you once said in another thread ?

Sincerely tho, nothing wrong in saying you were a former traitor, that you were utterly wrong in choosing Hiraale(not your clan, cuz your clan was and is one of the biggest ICU supporters) over your deen, dal, and dad. But you gotta say it. Tawba's always open. Not being patronising at all.

Gabbal   

Kashafa, adeer hal qabsi hayga dhigan. Cunugyar oo wareersan ayaad tahay, siyaasada Somaliyana wax alaale wax aad ka taqaanid aan arkayne ma jirto. Inaan kula dooda way macno la'aan. Sow maadan fahmin? Waa hagaag adeer, magacaygana amaan hakaa helo. Wa salaam.

Kashafa   

No denying the facts, sxb. A traitor is a traitor is a traitor....untill he makes tawba and redeems himself.

Now please discuss the article(if you can), otherwise feel free to massage your conscience to sleep.

Gabbal   

There is no massaging conscience to sleep young man. With age you will come to gain much wisdom you are lacking.

One thing I have never denied, however, is your genuine nature and your almost respectable innocence.

Coloow   

There are some people who always blame the IUC. The IUC did this, the IUC was tribalistic, the IUC was the reason for Ethiopian invasion etc. The reason they do this is not because the IUC was bad parse but because the IUC probably fought the warlords- and as such undermined the tribal structure some people wanted to have in somalia.

The irony is that these same people are beating tribal drums; you will see them praising warlords; they are quick to bring tribal news to forums like this one; they praise everything that their tribal leaders do even if that speaks against their personal concious.

Intellectual bankrupcy is the word! Seduction by tribalism is another word! These cyber warlords are the extended arm of the dabadhilifs, qabqables, afminshaars and other words from the Afweyne legacy.

It is a pity that these people write a few words (most of their contribution is pasting). If you challenge them, expose their weaknesses you are likely to reduce yourself to their standards. When they express naked tribalism on forums they have protection; when you address something that reveals their objectives, an invisible hand comes to their rescue. A Kafka situation.

If we want to look for causes for our plight we could talk about the Afweyne era(he is the one that is responsible for the death of somalia, somaliweyn and all the other terms we have come to love), the Caydid era and the the culture of warlordism that followed. The IUC was not the cause but the consequence of many years of hatred.

A shrewed eye will note that some people actually supported Indhacade (the alleged thug now) when he courting the like of Huraale in the defunct JVA. Now these same people call Indhacade something else.

If the tribal balance changes next month and their tribal strongholds are attacked by the ***** government, I bet they will praise the IUC. We have already seen that.. didn't we?

Back to the thread; this is a tragedy that has befallen our people. It should be condemned in the strongest words possible. We shouldn't blame the IUC but Yey, Geedi and the the TFG, because during their short reign at least Amina, Salma and the others were not raped.

Kashafa   

^ Great points. You should post more, Halgan. Let the tribal-oriented nomads do their thing, we'll do ours. Pay them no mind.

Thanks, Horn. We'll do the friendly banter some other time. I'm reading(u should too) this NYT article for the 3rd time and am gleaning new perspectives. If handled right, this could be a damning piece of evidence that could move lawmakers in Congress to review and alter their relationship with Ethiopia. Gotta think long, Bush and the neocons are gone in 18 months. Democratic Congress + Democratic President + some smart lobbying(democracy angle) = strong possibilities. We already got D.Payne, who's in a strong leadership position, on our side.

This calls for Paragon's letter-writing campaign. I'mma forward this to the Somali Diaspora Network, see what they can make out of it.

“Our [Xabashi] soldiers are not allowed to do these kinds of things,” said Nur Abdi Mohammed, a government spokesman. “This is only propaganda and cannot be justified. If a government soldier did this type of thing they would be brought before the courts.”

I wonder which court ,,,,,,,,,,

nuune   

^^^ Isma laheen Horn baa afkiisa waxaas ay ka soo qubanayaan, ICU ayaa sabab u ah aa, Innaa Lillaahi.

Adduunya wareersan oon war la isku heenin talaw yaa u warrama warmoogayaasha!