Sign in to follow this  
Intuition

HADITH OF THE WEEK

Asalaamu'Ayakum...wr...wb,

i just thought we should start something ongoing to take advantage of the somaliaonline medium and remind each other of Allah and how important knowledge is in our deen. my idea is to insha'allah start a Hadith of the week, i have a friend who does this via e-mail and i've benefited from it immensely alhamdulilah, so insha'Allah we can all try this.

the deal is we post up a hadith which u have come across and u wish to share with the rest of the ppl here on somaliaonline. where we can discuss ur hadith and gain more insight to a hadith u have chosen.

ie...my hadith of the week;

narrated Abu Mas'ud,

Allah's messenger (saw) said "Whoever guides someone to virtue will be rewarded equivalent to him who practices that good action".

Masha'allah...Allahu'Akbur see how merciful Allah is, just by guiding some1 to do good u get the same reward as the person doing the deed, Allahu'Akbur :D doesnt dat make u wanna do dat more often...

feel free to post and discuss insha'allah :D .

Wasalaamu'alaykum wr wb

Jamilah   

Asalmu Calykum,

I vote this as one of the best topics, great to see a sis/bro thinking so deeply about our religion may Allah bless you :D

Salam

P.S Thanks for the hadith.

wardi   

sis/bro INTUITION. i really want to recieve hadith via e-mail...so i can benefit myself too

do you mind if i give you my private email

thanks

Iffah   

Intuition...this is a great idea. We will greatly benefit from this insha allah. So let's continue.

THIS WEEK'S HADITH....

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

Blessed   

This is a really cool thread. Thanx walaalos ;)

Ilhaam nice hadiith.

so, basically, if you reach out to Allah, Allah will indeed reach out to you. Sweet smile.gif

Macalin   

Manshallah I love This ..i was actually thinking of that!

heres my hadith..its about the Etiquette of conversation as it is indeed What we need in somaliaonline as some of Us(including me ) do not use the proper ONE~

PPl Listen to This:

Five things are more valuable than the horses with the black stripped horse!

1)Do not Indulge in sensless talk,because it is useless and absurd and i am unconfortable from the fear of our community a sin. 2)Talk purposely when theres an occasion for it,for there are many people who talk without an occasion. thats a drawback

2)Talk purposely when theres an occasion for it,for there are many people who talk without an occasion. thats a drawback

3)Do not Indulge in Hot discussion with an inteligent man or a fool. if hes inteligent he will be angry with youand will hate you. of hes a fool and and uneducated, he will try to harm you

4) In the absence of your brother speak of him in same words in which you would like him to speak of you in your absence,and consider him innocent of the thing which would like him to consider you innocent of.

5) Act like a man who thinks that he will be rewarded for a good deed and will be punished on committing a crime.------- IBN ABI-AL-DUNIYA

Asalaamu'alaykum wr wb

alhamdulilah glade 2 see ppl have followed on, masha'allah ilhaam, ameenah, and lakkad, great contributions insha'allah we can all benifit from it. wardi insha'allah no trouble i guess that can be arranged...

Abu Hurairah May allah be pleased with him narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “The world is a prison-house for a believer and Paradise for a non-believer.” (Muslim 7058)

We need to know and understand the above prophetic teachings in order to be patient and earn Allah’s rewards in the eternal world to come. We need to realize that going to Paradise is not that easy as Allah the Almighty will try us with our health, wealth, children, and the like. However, let us remember that whatever suffering or burden we may have will just be temporary as this world is merely temporary. In addition, the burden that we encounter is for sure within our ability. We can bear any sort of trial that may befall upon us as Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful says:

“… no burden do We place on any soul but that which it can bear; whenever you speak, speak justly even if a near relative is concerned; and fulfill the Covenant of Allah: thus does He command you that you may remember.” (Qur’an 6:152)

wasalaamu'alaykum wr wb

Iffah   

Salaams,

We should continue with this thread. I'll share this hadith I received in an email.

Narrated Samura bin Jundub:

Bukhari: Volume 9, Book 87, Number 171:

Allah's Apostle very often used to ask his companions, "Did anyone of you see a dream?" So dreams would be narrated to him by those whom Allah wished to tell. One morning the Prophet said, "Last night two persons came to me (in a dream) and woke me up and said to me, 'Proceed!' I set out with them and we came across a man Lying down, and behold, another man was standing over his head, holding a big rock. Behold, he was throwing the rock at the man's head, injuring it. The rock rolled away and the thrower followed it and took it back. By the time he reached the man, his head returned to the normal state. The thrower then did the same as he had done before. I said to my two companions, 'Subhan Allah! Who are these two persons?' They said, 'Proceed!' So we proceeded and came to a man Lying flat on his back and another man standing over his head with an iron hook, and behold, he would put the hook in one side of the man's mouth and tear off that side of his face to the back (of the neck) and similarly tear his nose from front to back and his eye from front to back. Then he turned to the other side of the man's face and did just as he had done with the other side. He hardly completed this side when the other side returned to its normal state. Then he returned to it to repeat what he had done before. I said to my two companions, 'Subhan Allah! Who are these two persons?' They said to me, 'Proceed!' So we proceeded and came across something like a Tannur (a kind of baking oven, a pit usually clay-lined for baking bread)." I think the Prophet said, "In that oven t here was much noise and voices." The Prophet added, "We looked into it and found naked men and women, and behold, a flame of fire was reaching to them from underneath, and when it reached them, they cried loudly. I asked them, 'Who are these?' They said to me, 'Proceed!' And so we proceeded and came across a river." I think he said, ".... red like blood." The Prophet added, "And behold, in the river there was a man swimming, and on the bank there was a man who had collected many stones. Behold. while the other man was swimming, he went near him. The former opened his mouth and the latter (on the bank) threw a stone into his mouth whereupon he went swimming again. He returned and every time the performance was repeated, I asked my two companions, 'Who are these (two) persons?' They replied, 'Proceed! Proceed!' And we proceeded till we came to a man with a repulsive appearance, the most repulsive appearance, you ever saw a man having! Beside him there was a fire and he was kindling it and running around it. I asked my companions, 'Who is this (man)?' They said to me, 'Proceed! Proceed!' So we proceeded till we reached a garden of deep green dense vegetation, having all sorts of spring colors. In the midst of the garden there was a very tall man and I could hardly see his head because of his great height, and around him there were children in such a large number as I have never seen. I said to my companions, 'Who is this?' They replied, 'Proceed! Proceed!' So we proceeded till we came to a majestic huge garden, greater and better than I have ever seen! My two companions said to me, 'Go up and I went up' The Prophet added, "So we ascended till we reached a city built of gold and silver bricks and we went to its gate and asked (the gatekeeper) to open the gate, and it was opened and we entered the city and found in it, men with one side of their bodies as handsome as the handsomest person you have ever seen, and the other side as ugly as the ugliest person you have ever seen. My two companions ordered those men to throw themselves into the river. Behold, there was a river flowing across (the city), and its water was like milk in whiteness. Those men went and threw themselves in it and then returned to us after the ugliness (of their bodies) had disappeared and they became in the best shape." The Prophet further added, "My two companions (angels) said to me, 'This place is the Eden Paradise, and that is your place.' I raised up my sight, and behold, there I saw a palace like a white cloud! My two companions said to me, 'That (palace) is your place.' I said to them, 'May Allah bless you both! Let me enter it.' They replied, 'As for now, you will not enter it, but you shall enter it (one day) I said to them, 'I have seen many wonders tonight. What does all that mean which I have seen?' They replied, 'We will inform you: As for the first man you came upon whose head was being injured with the rock, he is the symbol of the one who studies the Quran and then neither recites it nor acts on its orders, and sleeps, neglecting the enjoined prayers. As for the man you came upon whose sides of mouth, nostrils and eyes were torn off from front to back, he is the symbol of the man who goes out of his house in the morning and tells so many lies that it spreads all over the world. And those naked men and women whom you saw in a construction resembling an oven, they are the adulterers and the adulteresses;, and the man whom you saw swimming in the river and given a stone to swallow, is the eater of usury (Riba) and the bad looking man whom you saw near the fire kindling it and going round it, is Malik, the gatekeeper of Hell and the tall man whom you saw in the garden, is Abraham and the children around him are those children who die with Al-Fitra (the Islamic Faith)." The narrator added: Some Muslims asked the Prophet, "O Allah's Apostle! What about the children of pagans?" The Prophet replied, "And also the children of pagans." The Prophet added, "My two companions added, 'The men you saw half handsome and half ugly were those persons who had mixed an act that was good with another that was bad, but Allah forgave them.'"

Know you (all), that the life of this world is but play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting and multiplying (in rivalry) among yourselves, riches and children. Here is a similitude: How rain and the growth which it brings forth delight (the hearts of) the tillers; soon it withers; you will see it grow yellow; then it becomes dry and crumbles away. But in the Hereafter is a Penalty severe (for the devotees of wrong). And Forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the devotees of Allah). And what is the life of this world, but goods and chattels of deception? (Surat al-Hadid: 20)

Raxmah   

This is a great way to learn from each other.

I would like to share this hadith, It shows the allah the all almighty mercy for us.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhiallaho anho):

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam)narrating about his Lord and, "Allah ordered (the appointed angels over you) that the good and the bad deeds be written, and He then showed (the way) how (to write). If somebody intends to do a good deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed (in his account with Him); and if he intends to do a good deed and actually did it, then Allah will write for him (in his account) with Him (its reward equal) from ten to seven hundred times to many more times: and if somebody intende to do a bad deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write a full good deed (in his account) with Him, and if he intended to do it (a bad deed) and actually did it, then Allah will write one bad deed (in his account)."

Asalaamu'alaykum...wr...wb,

masha'allah and jazakumullah khayrun sista Ilhaam 4 riviving this post. i dont come on somaliaonline very much and its been awhile since i last steped foot in here. alhamdulilah a pleasent suprise. subxan'allah i was reading that hadith u mention Ilhaam just a couple of nites ago, we really need 2 reflex on these hadiths. if we did i think we wouldnt sin so much :( . u know the miricle of islam is that it it puts fear in us, like in the hadith u mentioned, so as 2 stop us from going down the wrong path. then u get another hadith like the 1 Rahima mentioned and masha'allah that puts hope in the hearts of us. showing us how merciful and generious allah is, which makes us want 2 ask 4 forgivness and work harder in seeking his pleasure.

may allah guide this ummah and make us strong followers of his deen. Ameen.

another inspirational Hadith...

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Our Lord (glorified and exalted be He) descends each night to the earth's sky when there remains the final third of the night, and He says: Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it? Who is asking something of Me that I may give it him? Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him? It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, Malik, at-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud). In a version by Muslim the Hadith ends with the words: And thus He continues till [the light of] dawn shines

Wasalaamu'alaykum wr wb

N.O.R.F   

gr8 thread ppl, lakkad thats one hadith that i am constantly thinking of and trying to obey! keep it goin walaaloyal!

Abdinuur   

About the final third of the night when Allah (glorified and exalted be He) descends to the earth's sky...

...is that before Fajr Prayer...like the hour before the prayers...or few hours before the prayer?...

...can somebody explain that further please?

Include [Eastern Times] if possible.