Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Somaliland: only a battalion with 17 technicals?

If this is the case, and there is no reason to believe it not at this juncture, Riyaale must be raving mad and suicidal. How does one send only a battalion armed only with 17 technicals with neither the backup nor the immediate wherewithal to fight Puntland in its own backyard?

Say, the technicals run out of petrol, men run out ration and water, then what? Run back to Erigavo...

"... wax uu sheegay in ciidanka ay wateen uu ahaa 250, askari isla markaasna ay wateen 17 tikniko ah”

Mr Waqaf himself is not being truthful for a few days before his departure from Erigavo heading towards Dhahar, in an interview with one of the local papers, he stated they were ready to secure the borders, and crush the enemy -- his words. And now, it has come to this.

“…. waxa uu sheegay in ayna ciidankaasi ahayn in ay sugaan xadka hase ahaatee ay sugaan amniga wufuudii meeshaasi booqanaysay isla markaasna ay xagaasi ka soo sameeyaan saldigyo rasmi ah."

Again, Waqaf notes here that they were the victors running over the enemy at once. So the question that begs for an answer is, why would you need the immediate backup and call for help should you have crushed the enemy?

"...waxa aanu halkaasi ka gaadhnay guulo waawayn waxa aanu jabinay ciidamadii nagaga soo duulay Somaliya/Puntland, waxa aanu codsany gurmad in uu nooga yimaado Ceerigaabo oo ahaa saldhiga noogu dhaw, waxa aan codsany hub,raashin iyo saadkaleba wax haba yaraatee nooga yimid ma ay jirin, waxa la noo sheegay in aan wax gurmad ahi aanu noo imanynin ilaa inta ay amar helayaan"

http://qarannews.com/show/13222.html

Any one seen our dear spin doctor, Suldaanka to elucidate matters?

tata...

RedSea   

For resupply. Did you not know that SL troops only lost 2 soldiers and few were injured...that is basially it.

Besides, ask the locals from Dhahar, they will tell you what happened exactly. The elders demanded that SL troops withdraw from the areas for the sake of peace. the colonel and mr. Waqar refused the orders that is when he was fired.

Mr.Waqaf refused them orders from Riyale Kahin, although now Riyale is spining as though he was the one pushing the wagon forward.

It's self defeat without even being defeated militarily.

This is not the same report that your aunt told you, is it?

So you actually believe Somaliland only lost 2 soldiers whereas Puntland lost 40?

Again, why the call for immediate help if winning the battle?

nuune   

s-land is stronger, P-land is stronger, halahaas lee maa lagu soo celcelinaa maantoo dhan, jug jug meeshaada joog lee waaye, anaa raayey adaa khasaarey mayee ani aa kaa ciidan badan, saas lee ku jira waligiin

A.J.   

Samurai,

absurdity is certainly the word. how can anyone come on here bragging about how many of the enemy they have killed. it doesnt matter if it is 2 or 40 it shouldnt have happened in the first place.

do you know what i commend Somaliland for pulling back their troop. a full scale war would not have been good for anyone especially the innocent folks of Sanaaq region who were caught in between the two armies.

To the pro-war fanatics i say if you love seeing puntland taking on Somaliland why dont you go there now pick up your AK and join the fight rather then talking nonsense from the safety of the west.

RedSea   

SW,

Well I am not hard headed creature like some to deny everything but hey I can't say that Pland lost 40. If that is coming from Somaliland's side, it could well be exaggeration.

One thing I know though is that Pland didn't gain Dhahar by use of force. They were outmuscled in reality.

The way this happened was. Somaliland sent some ministers headed by the minister of sports (he hails from the area qabiil wise) and few others. Along with him were some troops in order try to safe guard in case something comes along. As expected it did, Puntland attacked with 17 technicals, they weren't able to defeat the guards with the ministers however the ministers went back to Ceerigabo in fear that war would esclate which they didnt' have enough man power in place to continue on.

On second time around, the minister of Defense and 19 other ministers including the previous ones headed towards dhahar along with more weaponary and troops. This was the day that Pland troops withdrew from the city without a fight, because they wanted to regrouped, since Somaliland brought more troosp as well. In this time, the city of dhahar fell into the hands of the SL troops and the ministers. The troops whatever number they were set up two bases in East and west of the city.

The following day, the Pland troops regrouped assaulted the city and concentrated their attacks on the two bases in both sides of the city. Somaliland lost 1 soldier (though Puntland said 5) and another was saverly injured in the battle. The battle continued on until late afternoon. The Pland troops were unsuccesful, because clearly the ministers were still in the city, and didn't leave until the next day when the news came of the minister's firing?

why was he fired then is the question?

As he said he demanded more troops and weaponary in order to keep the fight going and press onward the fight, which was never the intention of Somaliland to start full scale war at this time, but where there to take advantage of the time and try to influence the locals into their fold.

Riyale then called the minister of defense and ordered him to withdraw immediately, while the minister demaned he wouldn't and needed more troops in order to turn this into full scale war. He was fired right on the spot without a delay.

The troops then were told to withdraw after facing pressure also from the locals later on. They did.

So what did Planders say?

We crushed somaliland army.loool

That is story lines and closer to the truth if you want to buy or not.

What is your side of it.

One thing I know though is that Pland didn't gain Dhahar by use of force. They were outmuscled in reality.

Who;s reality are you talking about, brother you get better by the minute.

A.J.   

Duke,

have you ever thought about what it actually says on your signature. if you think that prolonged warfare in somalia is not going to help your country then why you keep talking about how your side is winning the war in Dhahar, Mugdisho and just about everywhere else?

Dont seem genuine. i bet you posted that quote just because it sounded good right :D

Xudeedi   

Pure lies and absolute excuse to make it seem like they were not prepared to face a big battle. More than 20 ministers and the defense minister with only 17, c'mon. There were 95 technicals at the outskirts of Dhahar according to residents in Dhahar, local colonels and elders.

RedSea   

GD,

Okay I am waiting your take on....make it seem reasonable as well. Forget whether i am getting better or worse, that isnt' the concern of anyone,but try to convice anyone please.

Maakhir,

brother, okay 95 technicals. You said it earlier, so if you don't mind sir, could you repeat it to these folks.

Where Somaliland troops forced out by the Pland troops, or where they pressured by the elders and towns' people to withdraw and not start a war in their city?

95 technicals? whoooh, I think not. But anyhow if that is the truth then how could they have been crushed? lool

A.J.   

95, bit of an odd figure to estimate dont you think, maakhir?

you sure it wasnt 96?

coz that is the figure i been hearing