Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Caabudwaaq, Balanballe and Dhabad. [Galgaduud] in talks to join Puntland state

Gabbal   

As a symbolic show of solidarity between Reer Puntland and Reer Galgaduud, this seems like an excellent idea. Realistically, it has many flaws. How can Galgaduud join Puntland when there's no border? [Confused]

I'm with Duke (Smith?) on this. Its hard to unite a non-continous piece of land.

On the contrary WT, the area of Puntland and Cabudwaq district are contiguous. Puntland claims Galkacyo district (primarily settled by Abdulahi Yusuf's laf, reer Goldogob, and reer Cabudwaq), which is bordered with Cabudwaq district to the south.

Cabudwaq city is more north of Hobyo, and closer to Galkacyo city then any other major city.

Horn,

The 'buffer' you are speaking of does not really make sense to me, as we will still have a very large border with our S. Mudug neighbours. Although it should be noted that it has been fairly peaceful since 1993 peace agreement. I do believe it would be a good decision as this joining together would improve relations. What say you? For or against?

Bari, it has great opportunity to be a political buffer zone to reconcile any problems occuring between their relations to the north and their neighbors to the east.

I believe I would be for, because hey what can Cabudwaq, Dhabat, and Balanbale lose but gain more political and trade opportunities?

Gabbal   

That's not a very accurate map sxb :D There's alot of inaccuracies I noticed in there. For example: if you go down to Jubooyinka and Gedo, you can automatically tell 1/5 of Saakow District belongs to Baardhere district.

Besides 2/3 of Cadaado district and 1/2 of Dhusa-Mareb district are basically extentions of Cabudwaq and are adminisitered by the Ugaas of Cabudwaq. No one is held by an "invisible" line in the sand and as such those folks there are part and parcel of Cabudwaq district.

Anyways, I'm wondering: would you be 'for' or 'against' an extention of Puntland into Caabudwaaq and the other districts?

Absaloutely, why not? The only reason reer Cabudwaq refused in the first place was because of Abdulahi Yusuf. Now that he is gone (from Puntland :D ) it was only natural for the topic to be brought up again.

Gabbal   

^LOL

Everyone seems happy the Mad Colonel (and his cronies) is gone. Thank God!

:D:D Don't let Smith or Nationalist here you man, watch your back :D Bari_Nomad is o.k though icon_razz.gif

^^

Don't worry about them. They truly believe in the mystical 'South-of-Galkacyo' enemy. Especially Nationalist. He'll tell you Abdullahi Yusuf defended Galkacyo in '93. LOL

Horn, windtalker is correct. The 'other' tribe has a huge pack of land between Pland and Abudwaq. Galkayo is not at the border of Mudug and Galgudud. What lies between is inhabited by the Mogadishu tribe. Even the Reer Goldogob share borders with this tribe. So what the hell are you saying? Pland does not inhabit Southern Mudug, period! You keep ranting Galkayo district, but that part of Galkayo district that perhaps borders you isn't inhabited by Planders. Therefore we share no borders with you. And even if there was a contiguous border between Pland and Abudwaq, the main road goes through the Mogadishu tribe.

About Abdullahi Yusuf. Don't be fools! I've seen his power in Pland myself and it's immense. The most dramatic example of his leadership is that every city in Pland he temporarily resides in, may it be Bosaso, Galkayo or Garowe, witnesses a drastic decrease in it's crime rate. No joke. 80% of the Pland military would blindly follow Abdullahi Yusuf's orders, even if he was out of the game. Even I underestimated him before my visit to Somalia. I don't think he's out of the picture, now that he's focused on pacifying the south.

Besides believe me Gen Adde Muse's presidency of Pland only means better government, not a anti-Abdullahi Yusuf revolution. The two men are best friends, since their days in the SSDF. They respect each other. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

Horn, windtalker is correct. The 'other' tribe has a huge pack of land between Pland and Abudwaq. Galkayo is not at the border of Mudug and Galgudud. What lies between is inhabited by the Mogadishu tribe. Even the Reer Goldogob share borders with this tribe. So what the hell are you saying? Pland does not inhabit Southern Mudug, period! Therefore we share no borders with you. And even if there was a contiguous border between Pland and Abudwaq, the main road goes through the Mogadishu tribe

Well i guess they'll have to incorporate this areas into Puntland too.Puntland the south Mudug tribes tribes are on good terms,such us the south galkacyo tribes and galinsoor tribes so incorporate them into puntland I am sure there is a deal to made there.

Out of the question. Pland is a state not a boyband. We are not willing to jeapordise our hard won peace. We've all seen how quickly wars occur in South Mudug, so that was a ridiculous idea.

We've all seen how quickly wars occur in South Mudug, so that was a ridiculous idea

Nationalist you have a way of putting your opinion forward and at the same time rubbishing other peoples opinions as if yours is the only logical solution.Tone down your rhetoric bro.For starters i know more about Mudug than you do i come from Galkacyo,i also know more about the tribes in south mudug than you probably know incuding the current situation on the ground.i do not say things lightly i weigh them bro.I lost a lot of people in mudug wars so i knnow about the problems of wars.Yet i still respect your opinion.So start respcting other peoples's opinion if you want yours to be respected unless that is you want a typical teenager argument in which case i am not one so count me out.

They truly believe in the mystical 'South-of-Galkacyo' enemy

LOL, Far from being enemies the people in South Mudug are my kin, the support for your President stems from what he has achieved rather than his wars against a clan.

As for Cabudwaaq, its all good but like Orgi said lets incorporate the rest of Mudug into the state as this area is rich in people and land. So any extensions to Puntland must not be based on irational clan argument otherwise lets hold the state as it is.

Gabbal   

Nationalist no offense, but you seem like an ill-informed teenager. :D WOW Abdulahi Yusuf's grip on Bosaaso wowed me :eek: (being sarcastic :D )

As for the others, maxaaba la isku daalin? It's not like we can actually influence anything that is going on,..or maybe some of us believe we do? :confused:

Duke, let's incorporate West Sanaag as well then! bro, you're going a bit too far. Pland is not founded for nothing. We didn't chose the federal path for nothing. Blood has been spilled and trust is sub zero.

J.Lee   

^^^^LoooooL You sound like a child who lost his favorite toy. lol Oh Dear won't somebody give him his toy back before he throws a temper tantrum. :rolleyes:

Whether Caabudwaaq,Balanbal, and Dhabad inhabitants choose to or not join Puntland is not a decision that we've to make. Oppose it for be for it.....There is nothing you can do it about it.As for the pseudo poliTRICKian ...uh here is a thought read something that isn't partial to one qabiil(i.e, Allpuntland or Gedonet),and might actually be a reliable news source were the rest of Somalia is concerned. Hey, who knows you might actually get facts that are indeed facts and not nonfacts (nonsensical BS) as I have read far too many times on this thread....