Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Caabudwaaq, Balanballe and Dhabad. [Galgaduud] in talks to join Puntland state

Nairobi:Saddex degmo oo ka tirsan gobolka Galgaduud oo qorshaynaya inay la midoobaan Dawlad Goboleedka Puntland

- Sunday, January 09, 2005 at 14:33

Nairobi(Allpuntland)-Siyaasiga la yiraahdo Maxamed Jaamac Labaale oo ka soo jeeda beelaha Caabudwaaq,Balanballe,iyo Dhabad oo ka tirsan Gobolka Galgaduud ee bartamaha Soomaaliya ayaa maanta isaga oo u warramayey idaacadda IQRA F.M ee ku taal magaalada Nairobi waxa uu sheegay inay qorshaynayaan beel ahaan inay la midoobaan Dawlad Goboleedka Puntland.

Siyaasigaan oo ka tirsanaa xildhibaanadii DKMG ahayd ee Carta lagu soo dhisay isla markaana xilal ka soo qabtay dawladdii Soomaaliyeed ee uu madaxda ka ahaa Madaxweyne Maxamed Siyaas Barre ayaa waxa uu sheegay in sababtu ay tahay iyadoo markii horeba qorshahaasi uu la kowsadey dhisitaankii Puntland balse ay suurtoobi weydey oo dib u dhac ku yimid,haddana ay arrintaan isla soo qaadeen Madaxweynihii shalay lagaga guulaystey doorashada ee Puntland Maxamed Cabdi Xaashi ayna isla garteen in marka doorashooyinku dhammaadaan ay hawshaan ku saabsan midowga degmooyinkaan iyo Puntland ay gelayaan.

Mudane Labaale ayaa waxa uu sheegay in arrintaan ay kula midoobayaan Puntland ay tahay mid ay u door bidayaan maadaama degmooyinkaan aan maamul rasmi ahi ka jirin isla markaana aysan lahayn adeegyadii bulshada sida Waxbarashada ,Caafimaadka iyo dhammaan waxyaabihii loo baahnaa ee adeegyada bulshada ,taas ka sokowna ay arrintaani irdaha u furayso iskaashi iyo nabad gelyo ay ku tallaabsadaan deegaanadaasi.

Waxa kale oo uu sheegay mudane Labaale inay jiraan wefdi ka socda degmooyinkaas oo hadda ku sugan Puntland iyagoo ka kooban ilaa 5 xubnoodna ay dhowaan u kicitimi doonaan dhanka Dawlad Goboleedka Puntland,waxana uu intaas ku daray inaysan arrintaani ku ekayn Puntland oo keliya ee ay ku tala jiraan inay dhanka Gobollada Jubbooyinkana ka qaadaan tallaabo taas la mid ah oo lagu nabadaynayo dadka deegaammadaas ku nool maadaama ayuu yiri aanu dhinaca Puntland-na ka tirsanaan doono sidoo kalana dhanka Jubbaland iyo Gedo aanu isku beel ka soo jeedno waxana uu sidoo kale ugu baaqay meelaha colaaduhu ka jiraan Soomaaliya in nabad iyo wadahadal lagu dhammeeyo,waxana uu sheegay inay gobollada dhexe ku dedaalayaan inay gacan ka geystaan sidii nabad looga dhex dhalin lahaa beelaha walaalaha ah ee iskaga soo horjeeda.

Xigasho:95.1 IQRA F.M,Nairobi

Iimaan Cali Cabdi

Allpuntland,Nairobi,Kenya

Gabbal   

Interesting news. If this story becomes true, I won't surprised, since the only thing that was stoping north/western Galgaduud from joining Puntland was Abdulahi Yusuf. Now that he is out of the picture, what else is their to stop them, especially since Puntland has more then once offered an invitation? :confused:

I also read this in Allpuntland. I also took hasty conclusions like Smith, but I heard of a lot folks that many Planders are not welcoming towards this area. Even though Pland had invited this area once in the preliminary talks in 1998 to found Pland state, the welcoming attitude of Planders has decreased since those years mainly because of the loss of Kismayo. I personally am for the inclusion of this area to Pland, but this area will have a difficult time integrating into the Pland system. Unlike in 1998 they won't have much bargaining power [believe me the Kismayo card won't work in putting pressure on Garowe] added with the difficult geographical location as an enclave outside Pland proper and lower level of development and security than even the most underdeveloped regions of Pland, Mudug, Sool, Sanaag and Ayn. I believe their inclusion will benefit both groups. The decision lies not with president of Somalia nor the president of Pland, but with the house of elders and representatives of Pland whom represent the people of Pland.

Gabbal   

Unlike in 1998 they won't have much bargaining power [believe me the Kismayo card won't work in putting pressure on Garowe] added with the difficult geographical location as an enclave outside Pland proper and lower level of development and security than even the most underdeveloped regions of Pland, Mudug, Sool, Sanaag and Ayn.

Bargaining power to what? Join Puntland? :confused: Sxb this news isn't reported anywhere, except in AllPuntland.com. It is more in the interest of Puntland to "acquire" Cabudwaq and environs then vice versa sxb.

As for the development thing, sxb you really need to go back and read your qabiil comment in the other thread. Unsubstantiated qabiil bravado is truly not healthy for you. I'm sorry to say but you need to stop abusing it (qabiil).

I don't know if you've heard, but we're talking about regions in Somalia, the most underdeveloped nation on the face of this earth :D Kula haa behind :rolleyes:

What I think you need to do is to stop listening to your own lies, open your eyes, and stop being overly biased and unconvincing at times. icon_razz.gif

BN   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

It is more in the interest of Puntland to "acquire" Cabudwaq and environs then vice versa sxb.

Why is that exactly? I think you and Nationalist have more in common then you care to admit... :D

Gabbal   

LOL Bari :D Look bro, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with Nationalist icon_razz.gif , and who knows maybe we do have alot of of things in common...but ONE thing I have noticed about him is the nomad sees the northeast, and ONLY the northeast, through rose-colored glasses :D

It's kool to be proud, but we have to be realists here and see what the whole of Somalia is in the eyes of a third person. For example, there was this one nomad that commented that inhabitants of Muqdisho and Ugandans look alike :confused: Hello we are Somalis, as far as looks go, believe me we are the same, but that person's mentality was something I could not dicepher.

As for Nationalist to insult my Cabudwaq ;) that's something I could not take especially since there isnt an ounce of truth in his assumptions. Here is a picture of Cabudwaq, and tell me that in Somali standards it isn't a very developed city? icon_razz.gif

Cabudwaq

Why is that exactly?

Well I think it is in Puntland's interest to "acquire" because it as a natural bufferzone between the northeast and South Mudug and beyond. The clans of S. Mudug and Galgadud are on peaceful and aiable terms with western/northern Galgaduud and do tell me if Puntland wouldn't want a peaceful border with them :confused: And that's just one of many reasons, sxb, so don't confuse of just talking about non-sensicle qabiil wishy washy.

I think you guys see things in a different light to what it is supposed to be.There was a meeting in Nairobi between the Elders of Cabudwaaq including ugaas ciise and ugaas maxamud of gedo along with all the politicians of The cabudwaaq clans on both sides on the country,Barre Hiiraale was not there but took part in a telephone conference while the meeting was continuing and the elders of puntland and was chaired by President C/yusuf where they came to settle all their differences and it is after this that the agenda for unity of the whole kin tribes came into being.It is a positive thing and should not be looked upon as some group scoring this and the other.See it for what it is The federal charter agrees to the formation of Regional states withing somalia.Puntland would love to see their kin in cabudwaaq join them and they did ask them to join them in '98 and they did so several times after that it has only became possible now after they settled their differences.The folks in cabudwaaq also welcome this and would like to be with their kin in a larger state and pull all their resources together for the benefit of all.It is a win for both sides and both sides will benefit.

Confused. That's the feeling that overtakes my mind when debating with you about these kind of subjects Horn. Abudwaq is indeed behind Pland in terms of development and security. No insult, but fact that is relevant in this discussion. Yet you almost cry like a little girl when this happens. The picture you showed doesn't impress me one bit. Let's just put this disagreement aside.

Over to your hilarious statement that it's more in Pland's interest to include Abudwaq district. The only interest for Pland to include Abudwaq is to further it's influence and power on the federal playground. Nothing more. But we know what good it would do for Abudwaq eyh? Let me quote Duke's article, since you find no ounce of truth in my assumptions:

Mudane Labaale ayaa waxa uu sheegay in arrintaan ay kula midoobayaan Puntland ay tahay mid ay u door bidayaan maadaama degmooyinkaan aan maamul rasmi ahi ka jirin isla markaana aysan lahayn adeegyadii bulshada sida Waxbarashada ,Caafimaadka iyo dhammaan waxyaabihii loo baahnaa ee adeegyada bulshada ,taas ka sokowna ay arrintaani irdaha u furayso iskaashi iyo nabad gelyo ay ku tallaabsadaan deegaanadaasi.

Besides horn be real with me. What are your other alternatives? :D

I think it would be wrong for these areas to be part of Puntland. The areas share no border with the state. Its better for the above mentioned districts to join Galgaduud and South Mudug and any other central state, rather than Puntland. As of late Puntland has enough things to worry about. Incorporating these districts would be a new headache.

As a symbolic show of solidarity between Reer Puntland and Reer Galgaduud, this seems like an excellent idea. Realistically, it has many flaws. How can Galgaduud join Puntland when there's no border? :confused:

I'm with Duke (Smith?) on this. Its hard to unite a non-continous piece of land.

BN   

Horn,

The 'buffer' you are speaking of does not really make sense to me, as we will still have a very large border with our S. Mudug neighbours. Although it should be noted that it has been fairly peaceful since 1993 peace agreement. I do believe it would be a good decision as this joining together would improve relations. What say you? For or against?

Degmooyin ka tirsan gobolka galgaduud oo la shaaciyay in ay ku biirayaan maamul goboleedka Puntland[Marka Caddey]