Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

There will never be a Palestinian State

Peacenow   

I seriously, don't think, we will ever see a Palestinian state at least not in this generation. They have split and are eating each other, while the Israelis look on, with delight. The Israelis have simply been too clever and resourceful an enemy to have.

Can you imagine, Somalis, being faced up against Israel, and lasting it out for 40 years. One Palestinian side will call itself Hamastan and the other Fatahland.

Do you see any similarity here?

Lessons must be learned for other people, who are struggling against occupation, in not to turn out like the Palestinians.

What lessons, can we draw from their experiences.

I think most importantly, we say definitely, the important of national unity. We must saw how create a narrative for the Somali state, while at the same time, forming a cohesive national convenant, that will bind us together when it matters.

Ibtisam   

I think your analysis’s fall very short, no similarity nor any comparison can be drawn between Somalia and Palestine, Somali current state was determined by their own actions (even if they used others as a tool), Palestinians destiny has been controlled by others through out history, and even now still being controlled, they are just dancing on footsteps determined years ago, on a land sold even before the footsteps. Hamas & fatah are just the disguise.

Fabregas   

lol, Ethiopia and the situation in Somalia can't be comparable to Palestine. Firstly, there is no point Palestinians getting a state when they are occupied. Secondly, Ethiopia is a failing regime run a Tigray elite. They hardly country several parts of their country, where there are insurgencies in Afar, Somali territory and Oromia. Zenawi sent his entire army against Somali nomads and falied uttrely sparking many losses and giving more support to the O.N.L.F movements. Thus they are in a desperate state, whereby they are trying to set up friendly regimes in Somalia, in order to put the fire that they have sparked, that is, Somalis. I believe that they are looking for a way out of Somalia and will probably in the future negotiate with the O.N.L.F, otherwise their false empire will crumble. So be careful about portraying these third world them as a colonial state. But this will not happen if Somalis continue their petty squables about little towns and kursis...

^^ He didnt present any analysis but rather layed out an acceptable frame-work for a discussion that rests on a comparison study between Somalia and Palestine, based on historical and present, politicial premises in the two countries.

Good thread peacenow.

I'll try to take a crack on it later on.