Sign in to follow this  
A New Born

Define Somaliland

OG_Girl   

There are certain rules and regulations that govern who is a Somalilander and who is not. What is the use of borders unless they are their to seperate politically between countries.

Rules!! yes Rules. As a Law student I want know these laws and how can be practically on the ground?

Borders! yeah other good thing.. can I know where somaliland border.. as I know still Sool and Sanaag... Still under Puntland Goverment!!

Man.. this wont work at all... you can fool with this with some one have only clanish mentality but some one knows Intenational Law and politics, naah , always there is holes . every one can play with it! And believe me wont be easy as you think!!

Salam

Qudhac   

OG

i think you getting into too minor detail that doesnt really matter on the average somali person dailly lives whether in somaliland somalia or any other somali inhabited place, obviously the citizenship thing and the border is not really big deall to the average somali joe as in the west so dont expect somaliland to be so clear cut as we another part of somali regions.

as you know nobody stands in the borders and says you somalilander and you not if that what you getting at, the average reer badiye that crosses the border between kenya and somalia doesnt really give alot of attention to border bussiness so somaliland is no exception.

OG_Girl   

Qurac , speak for your self. Is matter for me and for a lot of people. Law and Rules should be respected from both sides Goverment and Citizens , that if you want to have a nation BUT if you want Clan state go ahead ALL you need is to name these Clans whom are NOT allowed to be part of your Clanish State!!

Oh incase you did not know somalia republic rules is here " every Somali from Oggadenia or NFD is automatically Somali citizen ...That is why Adam Gabyow who was from NFD and educated and work in Nairobi when he ran to Somalia he became highest official in Somali melitary!

Adeer go read and study instead wasting your time..who is qabiil this or Qabiil that!!

Salam

Xarago   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

That is why Adam Gabyow who was from NFD and educated and work in Nairobi when he ran to Somalia he became highest official in Somali melitary!

Damn right eddo, BUT at the expense of those who were born there and trained hard but never achieved - which was nepotism at its height. Duh..! Now I wonder why the civil war started?

OG_Girl   

Well, eedo, I would back and say is ALL Intrest. The regime had intrest to work for them and the people have intrest too, is always two way of intrest. There was closest relatives couldn't acheave!!.

About civil war..there was a lot of reasons why was civil war.If I am not mistaking started way before last regime but once got expolded!!...

We all swim or sink ..as simple as that!!!

Seems Somalis hard to understand that.

Salam

OG_Girl   

My grand father from Qabridahare. But my dad and I never seen that part of Africa... Only African country I ever been is Egypt my mom's country.

Salam

Xarago   

Naw..! Eddo you are blessed by Allah SWT if you have not yet seen that part of the World.

I dont see why you are so tangled with it, go snd count your blessings and watch us rant and fracas among imaginary things. Cause that is our charecter. If you see two Somali fighting ask them why and the answer will only be 'if' and abstract. So eddo dont get involved.

OG_Girl   

Eeedo, things should change. These old geezes should go. They making young generation sick like them.

I would like to say to them that they should differentiate between a government and a national homeland, and would like to tell them my story.

The Siyad Bare's government imprisoned my grand father for more than 5 years, during which he suffered a lot.I been told all this when I was just 2 to 6 years old...was a lot of horor stories But I was relised that NO point of all bad memories and feelings towards my country.

to get rid of it..I started to read about my country , educate my self.

I just don't know.

One should move on , we can't live with past.Can I change any thing?NO...Siyaad Bare gone and his regime... what shall I do? take revenge from innocent people cause simply happened to be from his sub clan? or I hate ALL somalis ?

Just isn't right.

Salam

Qudhac   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Qurac , speak for your self. Is matter for me and for a lot of people. Law and Rules should be respected from both sides Goverment and Citizens , that if you want to have a nation BUT if you want Clan state go ahead ALL you need is to name these Clans whom are NOT allowed to be part of your Clanish State!!

Oh incase you did not know somalia republic rules is here " every Somali from Oggadenia or NFD is automatically Somali citizen ...That is why Adam Gabyow who was from NFD and educated and work in Nairobi when he ran to Somalia he became highest official in Somali melitary!

Adeer go read and study instead wasting your time..who is qabiil this or Qabiil that!!

Salam

O.G-girl why do you constantly contradic yourself so much, if rules and law are so important then how come person from kenya and ethopia be citizen of somalia loool see how you tie your own toes together, and who said anything about clanish state :confused: what i said was the rules and regulation that govern these laws in the the west does not really apply to the nomadic and loose soceity of such as somalis, if somalis move from somaliland into somalia and vice versa that doesn mean the border rule doesnt apply or that the citizenship rule is futile all it means is that we nomadic people and that for the average person the border doesnt mean allot.

but if you want to stick to the western definition of every term then somaliland borders is at x x and every individual who descends from this region is citizen redface.gif

psssss.... its Qudhac not Qurac ...quite simple really :D

OG_Girl   

Qurac, there is NO contradic or confuse at all.

What I said makes perfect sense. If you choose NOT to believe... Be sure to blame your own close mindedness and inability to accept the possibility you are wrong about something instead of attacking others however.I understand.

Needs a double digit IQ to comprehend after all. redface.gif

No worries Be Happy

Salam

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Or maybe, just maybe, this is some “confused†way to prove a “confused†theory that you have. I’m confused now, saaxib. Please rescue me from this confusing paradox!
icon_razz.gif

lo00000000ol ... i seem to have confused more ppl than myself unintentionally.

I don´t think Qudhac normally uses these phrases

also somali is ETHNICITY not NATIONALITY just like ARAB is ethnicity and not nationality, .....just like WE ALL SOMALIS no matter where our borders

someone is sure yelling "i´m from Somalia and my nationality is somali " at this very moment. :eek:

Suldaanka .. come on man ..LAND on SomaliLand instead of SomaliSOIL .. so i can call you a LANDER , yes a SomaliLANDER ;)

Xarago probably KNEW something i do´n´t know when she tried to keep NGONGE away from this thread:D

Now i´m more confused than when i started this topic

NGONGE sxb as confused as i am ,i hereby recognize Somaliland as a soverign state with somalilanders (somalis) as it´s inhabitants .. am i putting it right ? i don´t want the (Ulster) Unionists die hards on ma neck ;)

To wrap things up i wanna thank you all for keeping it clean, specially NGONGE for confusing us more :D whenever he hears Somaliland . he just has to pick that lil flag icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

^^^^I was advised by my brief not to comment on this topic, sir. Any comments you might have about the size of my flag or otherwise should be directed to her. :cool:

Xarago   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^^I was advised by my brief not to comment on this topic, sir. Any comments you might have about the size of my flag or otherwise should be directed to her. :cool:

^^ good boy