Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Why the Makhir project is positive?

Another bogus, clan-based, so-called 'maamul goboleed.'

How can half-gobol be a maamul goboleed [in this case, defined as a federal state]?

The whole Sanaag gobol hadduu ahaan lahaa waaba la garan lahaa. Teeda kale, the orchestrators should have spent some more time to study, instead of hastily declaring this magac u yaal only maamul goboleed; they should have known that it is against this Xabashi-led dowlad ku sheeg's own written axdi to declare one gobol, let alone half-gobol, as a federal state.

It is in that constitution lasoo dhoob dhoobay that at least two gobols or more can only form a 'federal state.' Not half-gobols and half-tuulo or half-buulo, for that matter, to satisfy every perceived grieving and wronged sub-clan's goof in Soomaaliya.

Som@li   

^^Maakhir State is not about Sanaag, but aslo part of Bari region,Markaa saaxib wax aadan war u hayn,ha ka waramin, Sanaag is the second biggest State in Somalia after Bari...Markaa ha yar yaraysanin!

And regarding the clan based system, TFG is based on clan!

somalia_rel02.jpg

Taleexi   

Much has been said lately about the newly formed of Maakhir State. A question that seems most of us are missing is that; is this enterprise a legal and a binding contract or is it a void, a non-existent, and a futile exercise?, one may ask on what context, and I anticipate addressing that later on its own right. However, by default I detest clan administrations but time had proved me wrong many times in the past because clan based administrations namely Somaliland and Puntland brought some sort of stability within their dominions therefore I accepted their existence till Somalis as a whole come to their sense and say NO to Qabiil YES to Nation.

Case in point, whether we like it or not Maakhir State is here to stay, with that said its feasibility is some what obscure because it lacks lots of governmental institutions, the assets to carry out government duties and many more fatal issues.

The rectangular shaped State, its borders, are overlaping and/or in conflict with its neighbors be it south, east and west therefore in regards to the borders I urge to the leaders of Maakhir State to be very carefull and vigilant of pushing the envelope as that has the potential of shattering the dreams of citizens of Maakhir State, concentrate on the more urgent issues, like providing health services, improving education system, strengthening the law enforcement, building military. All in all, I anticipate that your language to your neighbors be peace, peace, and ONLY peace. Consider also the alterations of Somali political calculus meaning a possible handshake may take place between Hargeisa and Garowe, be minded this is a real politik...and nothing is gaurenteed that is why I disclaim not to be responsible any of its effects.

Strong Puntland and eventually strong Somalia is what I always supported and longed and I am as off yet, hence my patience has its own price, but as it turned out of which an even elementary child can dechiper the endeavor of the revival of the mighty of Adde's kingdom had, indeed,its toll or costed too much on Puntland. History is interesting subject Reer Garowe blindly supported Adde Muse during the last elections and now they against him, Let me prophecy and say this; we are talking about Maakhir State, or the prospective Darveshland.. God forbid if what is happening in Puntland is not averted in a timely manner I assure you we may even see Bari State, or Nugaal State or What not.

Hope my predictions doom to fail but the reality of the ground in Puntland is too tempting to ignore. Adde and his cronies have the ball in their court, it is matter of wait and see how they manage it.

Until now I rest my case here.

[ August 22, 2007, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: Mansa Munsa ]

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Mansa Munsa:

The rectangular shaped State, its borders, are overlaping and/or in conflict with its neighbors be it south, east and west therefore in regards to the borders I urge to the leaders of Maakhir State to be very carefull and vigilant of pushing the envelope as that has the potential of shattering the dreams of citizens of Maakhir State, concentrate on the more urgent issues, like providing health services, improving education system, strengthening the law enforcement, building military. All in all, I anticipate that your language to your neighbors be peace, peace, and ONLY peace. Consider also the alterations of Somali political calculus meaning a possible handshake may take place between Hargeisa and Garowe, be minded this is a real politik...and nothing is gaurenteed that is why I disclaim not to be responsible any of its effects.

Thanks Mansa Munsa for your Input. I am inspired by your candid suggestion that rests on the statecraft of any Somali state that aspires to becoming a viable adminstration federal-wise .

MMA, I was inspired by the evolutionary development in Bay region. I read that they have institutionalized a political process that might become a model for the rest of the southern Somalia. The region has enjoyed a relative stability ever since the TFG secured Moadisho from the Islamists. They are reported to have elected a governor Mohamed Abdi Mahad. Tell us more of this.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Caamir:

]Who do you expect better governance and accountability from?

The people. the citizens.

The two regional states of Somaliland and Puntland have already fragmented Somalia, a fragmentation which appeals to clan differences to exploit political support.

So the best way to solve problems is to further fragment somalia, ahhh I got cha.

Saxib, these two states SL and PL are used as instruments to discredit communities and abort other people's noble pursuit of peace and development. [/QB]

How come people dont separate the corrupt politicans from the people? What makes you think the politicans of this new state would be any different and not be instruments that can just as well be used to hinder peoples pursuit of peace and development?

Taleexi   
Khlaf, You have a point there but be mind it is a human pride and reality that people prefer the rule of their brutal, corrupted and authoritative leaders of their own than outsiders. Hence Garowe and Hargeisa administrations are neither inclined nor accept, if my memory services me right here, relinquishing or at least rotating the authority of these respective enclaves, of course, utilizing a fair based system to the other groups whom happened to be stakeholders of these entities. Why treat Maakhir State differently, let them complain the shortcomings of their own people I become second tired off hearing their grievances of PL and SL..Some of those complaints are legit, others are not. In my opinion Maakhir State must be the least thing that SL and PL should worry about. Wish them luck and let them experiment thier own way of governance. A genuine Somali should support Maakhir State considering the Somali situation at this point of time

MMA, I was inspired by the evolutionary development in Bay region. I read that they have institutionalized a political process that might become a model for the rest of the southern Somalia. The region has enjoyed a relative stability ever since the TFG secured Moadisho from the Islamists. They are reported to have elected a governor Mohamed Abdi Mahad. Tell us more of this.

I don't think what is done in Bakool is anywhere near "revolutionary" nor "evolutionary." The residents opted to return how it was during the UNISOM in '93-'95, who initiated these kind of political process in southern part of the country during their stay.

The United Nations-initiated political process was based a buulo-tuulo-degmo-magaalo process. Each tuulo and degmo would elect among themselves a few representive people who will represent them in Gobol Council at the gobol's xarun, and the council will elect the guddoomiyaha gobolka during the brief election process. Nothing new in this. The only new kusoo kordhay one can only say is the transparency and thus non-disputes resulting from it; also a little campaigning by the respective camps, of going to degmooyinka and tuulooyinka.

PS -- The guy's name, the new governor of Bakool, is Max'ed Cabdi Max'ed [Max'ed Tool], a former national basketball player.

Also speaking of Bakool, let me mention Waajid. Waajid -- which used to be a small degmo [thus the name 'waa jid'] in Bakool, and relatively touched by a few skirmishes of civil war, which last occured in the '90s -- took advantage of chaos that surrounds the town and the region. Now, all major NGOs and UN organizations that deals for the South are headquartered there, because of its relative peace, order and a major airstrip, the former, large military airfield.

NASSIR   

Mansa, I don't need to indulge with this kid Khalaf. Let his old mentors respond to my earlier post since I defined in explicit terms the viablity of Maakhir State and its legitimacy as one of the successor entities of Federal Somalia.

MMA, thanks for the info. I wish the best of luck for Reer Bay and Bakool.

Gentlemen,

As already put forth by a good chap, congratulate and wish Makhir State and its populace the best of luck.

Question, by all means the rationale around which it is being founded, and the viability of its sustaining state apparatus henceforth, however adopt abstention from throwing the old doggy clan card as the old newt, fuusta-madhan-riix of Oodweyne has so spuriously done.

I fear the euphoria shall die down, actuality on the ground shall kick in, and the newly reformed, erstwhile secessionist Col. Jibril shall conceal his chips under his heavily soiled armpits hurrying to a finely linseed table elsewhere only to bargain with his newly minted gems all in the sake of securing his constituency’s share of the pie, albeit all the while advancing own odds at the gentlemen’s workbench.

Supporters of Maakhir are primarily, as I understand thus far, in the Diaspora with desires of furthering regional means of self-efficiency and determination, to which all right-thinking persons shall remain receptive at least on the outset, even if uncertain as to the proceedings by and servings ala Col. Jibril et al.

Much shall hinge upon to which direction the wind shall blow the humpty dumpty colonel which I trust shall make one all the wiser, thusly my not revving up on to top gear predictors lest prematurely hitting hard surface.

Should his erstwhile ego gets the better of him landing him, as I suspect he shall, at Hargeisa or Garowe, he shall have squandered debentures secured from the Diaspora with his future days being no different from those of Shaatigaduud, and Makhir’s days being no different from those of Southwest state. Lingering on in Sanag longer than necessary, shall serve poison pill for the veteran parliamentarian accelerating his ennui with his grand scheme. If however he were to find himself in one of his Fayanbiiro treks in the nation’s capital as prophesied hitherto, then coming days might be ruddy gleaning with budding daffodils.

Nonetheless, best of luck to Makhir’s future endeavours.

Tata…

NASSIR   

Samurai Warrior, you are wrong there to accuse Col. Salad of backsliding. His past mistakes of joining the secessionist camp is pardonable as are many officials who had done the same thing as Col. Salaad, and who learned in the process the ramification of their actions on their land and people.

Projecting back into the past also, the current governor of Puntland joined the secessionist in a more sinister campaign to wreck havoc on his people. Who was more sinister in motive and in pecuniary gains?

President Salad is supported by his people inside and outside Maakhir, and he is alive with hope and vibrant with a dedication to address the pressing needs of the community whose destiny and developmental projects have been hijacked. As long as Jibril and his parliamentarians handle the "deputed claims" and build consensus and a stronger sense of community, Maakhir will thrive into one of the principal, economically stronghold, regions of Somalia. And It will bridge the gap across dividing political lines and between opposing interest groups such as Somaliland and Puntland.

Taleexi   

SW, as for one I despise the further inexorable fragmentation of our country. While I am in the same line of thought of mending the already existing entity that is called Puntland. Known fact, the reincarnation and revival of the glory days of monarchy in Puntland is dearly costing too high on Puntlanders, and has impacted negatively the lives of ordinary citizens who dwell in the cities, valleys, and plains, be urbanized or pastoral, that are in between from Buhodle to Ras Hafun and from Galkaio to Erigavo.

Moreover, a fact, President Adde and the cronies of his administration took Puntland into the stone age, their lifestyle convinces you that there is no tomorrow because they live on an extravaganza, of course, on the expense of their subordinates, furthermore Adde has proved time and again to be an incompetent for the position and when genuine Plders made numerous calls for change from right to left, did anybody listen?, the answer is simply “NO” and because of this, the incubation period of the grievances has reached its acme.

Be mind under these aforementioned circumstances Maakhir State surfaced after the local people agreed in greater numbers that inaction was not an option. In a nutshell they reclaimed their inalienable right of exercising their economic development, managing their own affairs and governing themselves since the state (PL) in which they fall under neglected big time and could neither guaranteed nor wanted to accommodate their desires.

However, Maakhir State has a rocky road ahead which there is no a bypass route to success of which I know off, for the most part its feasibility and viability rests on the shoulders of its citizens, to proclaim a state is the easiest part of a nation building therefore let us give them a chance hence Puntland is eight years old administration after all and its situation is very much like it was in the eve of its inception IF not worse. In this case time will be only the fair judge.

In my opinion, we should focus on the more urgent issues currently facing Puntland State instead of splitting too much ink on Maakhir State, for instance how can we save the remainder of Puntland?. How can we make the current administration more accountable and transparent?, and we’ve to get used to living side by side in peace with the newly formed of Maakhir State.

Mansa: Hadal saliim ah baad tiri. Su'aalo qiima lehna waan arkaa. Haseyeeshee, Wadanka anaa jooga oo hadii aan ka maqnaadana aan waqti yar uun kasoo maqnaadaa.

Maamulka Maakhir waxaa lagu hindisoonaayay tan iyo markii uu lix bilood wadanka xilka loo dhiibay madaxweynaha maanta heysta(nin durbaan garaacay cilaaq dalbey). Haseyeeshee maamulka iyo dhisida Maakhir wuu suuroobi waayay, wuxuuna ka suuroobi waayey dadka reer Maakhir oo runtii laabta ku haya maamulkii Puntland oo ay wax ka tabceen, una arkaayay in Ehelnimada laga horeysiiyo waxwalba.

Laakiin waxaad moodaa, Maakhir in ay dadka maalmahaan taageerayaan. Waayo, kadib markii uu Madaxweyne Cabdulaahi Yuusuf uu yimid Garoowe bishii todobaad horaanteeda. Ayuu wuxuu ku haasaawey in Cade Muuse Term kale loogu daro. Taasi reer Puntland waxay ku noqotey niyad jab. arintaasna wax badan ayaa laga dooday. Reer Maakhir shirkii maalintii afaraad way ka yaaceen markii ay arkeen in meesha howshu si kale isku badashay. Reer Darwiish, waxay yiraahdeen arintaasi caqligayaga uma sheegi karno, iyagana waa ka biya diideen. dadkii kalee reer Punland af dhaban dhaab ayaa ku dhacay.

Ugu dambeyntii waxaa go'aan xoog ah lagu gaarey in Cade Muuse Laba sano loogu daro. Taas ayaana waxay Maakhir State cod badan oo reer Maakhir iyo reer Darwiish ku hantey.

Arintaasi ayaa xitaa waxay keentey dadka kale sida Reer Qandala, iyo reer mudug in ay ku taageeraan Maakhir State inay xaq u leedahay gooni uga beydhka Puntand.

Reer Maakhir ma waxaa ku gudboon in ay la dagaalamaan maamulka sare Puntland mise in ay gooni uga baxaan oo halkaasi umad dadkeeda ka mid ah oo tashatey ay noqdaan.

Dambeeddo horaadka

Dex caano ka maalka

Ha daaqdo barwaaqo

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Mansa Munsa:

[QB]

Be mind under these aforementioned circumstances Maakhir State surfaced after the local people agreed in greater numbers that inaction was not an option. In a nutshell they reclaimed their inalienable right of exercising their economic development, managing their own affairs and governing themselves since the state (PL) in which they fall under neglected big time and could neither guaranteed nor wanted to accommodate their desires.

Mansa, saxib, currently, the TFG has allotted $.5Million to the redevelopment of Lasqorey port, but the money is part of the aid allotted to Puntland including Sool and Sanaag. It has been reported that Muuse is withholding the money on a pre-set, unspecified condition. Some delegates from the organization of Horn Relief met him and asked dearly that the money be transferred to the president of the organization, Fatima Jibril.(the most trustworthy and altruistic person we know in recent history) Unfortunately, Muse declined the request, so it seems that he would get away with the money for all intent and purpose.

The negotiation is still going although it is very unfortunate that we should negotiate for our money. This is the pattern history of Sool and Sanaag and its corollary effect on the abject condition of these two regions.

I hope that we would overcome all of these problems of misrepresentation as people continue to become self-conscious of their surroundings and the politics of misrepresentation, mischaracterization, embezzlement of their allotted aid funds and all other facts that happen to be a reversible anomaly on our side.

Emperor   

^Waar Caamirow Maakhirtaan maad naga daysaan ma duulin karaynee, Puntland ayaa wadi la'anahay, Kaalay Cadde isuguwada tagnee oo meeshaba kaqabanee, taladaas bal wax ha laga raadiyo.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

Reer Maakhir ma waxaa ku gudboon in ay la dagaalamaan maamulka sare Puntland mise in ay gooni uga baxaan oo halkaasi umad dadkeeda ka mid ah oo tashatey ay noqdaan.

Dambeeddo horaadka

Dex caano ka maalka

Ha daaqdo barwaaqo

Koore Tuunshe, waad inaad la socotaa in dhibaatada jirta aysan aheen la dagaalan ama sixid maammul jira balse ay tahey u adeegid danaha ummada ku dhaqan Sool and Sanaag, kuwaasoo aan cidna hoos tigin ama aysan metalin munaafiqiin ka soo jeeda dhulkooda.