Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

Pictures: Shirkii Pland

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Nationalist:

Sophist good read mate. Horn, what Orgialaq said about the boqor being the highest authority is incorrect. But your clan was certainly part of the isim system that is now taking place in Garowe.

Orgilaqe I actually did some reasearch and I have to agree with Nationalist.

I don't know about the Puntland families, but the Ugaases of reer Gedo/Mudug don't share authority over their sub-clan with anyone else.

When the talks to install the Puntland state were taking place, the Ugaas in Cabudwaq was sent a delegation that urged him to participate in those talks, but he declined saying it wasn't in the interest of his sub-clan.

So the authority over the sub-clan rests with them.

Sophist is partially correct. Times have changed. But I believe the symbolic respect garnered by the title is still prevalent.

Sophist, just to let you know, LST is a direct descendant of the King. :D Afku yaanu ku qaloocan awoowe. :D

My ayeeyo was murdered along with my grandfather by the Italians on their cowardly attack against the city of Baargaal.

a little history.

On 13 October, 1924 Coronaro was to meet Boqor Osman at Baargaal to press for his surrender. Under siege already, Boqor Osman was playing for time. However, on 23 October Boqor Osman sent an angry response to the Governor defying his order. Following this a full scale attack was ordered in November. Baargaal was bombarded and razed to the ground. This region was ethnically compact, and was out of range of direct action by the fascist government of Muqdisho. The attempt of the colonisers to suppress the region erupted into explosive confrontation. The Italians were meeting fierce resistance on many fronts. In December 1925, led by the charismatic leader Hersi Boqor, son of Boqor Osman, the sultanate forces drove the Italians out of Hurdia and Haafuun, two strategic coastal towns on the Indian Ocean. Another contingent attacked and destroyed an Italian communications centre at Cape Guardafui, on the tip of the Horn. In retaliation Bernica and other warships were called on to bombard all main coastal towns of the ********** . After a violent confrontation Italian forces captured Ayl (Eil), which until then had remained in the hands of Hersi Boqor. In response to the unyielding situation, Italy called for reinforcements from their other colonies, notably, Eritrea. With their arrival at the closing of 1926, the Italians began to move into the interior where they had not been able to venture since their first seizure of the coastal towns. Their attempt to capture Dharoor Valley was resisted, and ended in failure.

Xudeedi   

When it comes to Hart--, the King has the highest authority, then comes the Sultan of Mohamoud ***** . In the history, Mohamoud Hart- had Kingdoms, as that of the Kingdom of Riig--. However, It changed due to violent uprising from a man known as Ali Dable who finally took over that dynasty and changed the title into Sultan. This line of honorable ancestral pedigree goes up to 27. Therefore, the Sultan has the second authority above the Garaad.

Here is a brief description of the old Sultan by Burton in 1850.

"During Lieutenant Speke's first visit to the Sultan, who received him squatting on the ground outside the house in which he lodged, with his guards about him, the dignitary showed great trepidation, but returned salams with politeness. He is described as a fine-looking man, between forty-eight and fifty years of age; he was dressed in an old and long Tobe, had no turban, and appeared unarmed.'