Sign in to follow this  
GAAROODI

WAS THE OBJECTIVE OF THE SNM (SOMALI NATIONAL MOVEMENT) A SUCCESS OR FAILURE?

GAAROODI   

What was there objectives, before somaliland.

There objectives were, to remove Siad Barre from power, to create an interm government for somalia with northern participation and obtain a fairer share of power. To enable the somali people to democratically elect a new president. To enable constitutional changes and economic changes to make somalia more competitive.

Why did they change there views...once Siad barre was over thrown the southerners returned to there usual state of bliss...and failed to include the SNM in any government building process. They declared a government out of the blue on day one.

The SNM after witnessing 40 years of southern dominance...and failure to listen and share a common government declared that somaliland has withdrawn from the union and it was going to be independent.

I.E. you dont need me...i dont need you...take care !

new objectives ....

1. independent state

2. peace and harmony between somalilands clans

3. Somaliland currency

4. national somaliland army

5. free market trade

6. To bring back somalilands people from ethiopia,djibouti and middle east

7. regional harmony with all sorrounding states.

they in my view have been successful... !!

GAAROODI   

a rebel movement that destroyed africa's 3 largest army. Created almost half the rebel movements in south, trained them and armed them to destroy Siad barre. These are the true lions of east africa.

GAAROODI   

the onlf ....are still fighting a never ending war...with ethiopia and get weaker every year...somalia is finished, Djibouti is more french then somali, the NFD is impoverished and more kenyan than somali.

SOMALILAND IS THE LAST MAN STANDING.

if you wanna come challange me..then come ! none have beaten me so far.

not even your plans could stop me.

Garoodi

Waxaa horey loo yiri, Gaal dil, Gartiisna sii.

1. SNM never intended to break Somalia apart and create delusional boundaries in side Somalia.

2.The government lead by Ali mahdi was Not supported by Southern Somalia and had some where between very little to hardly any support at all thus being installed and funded by foreign elements against the will of the Somali people.

3. Allot of disgruntled Somali's who believed that Somali’s should have had the right to organise nation wide elections inside Somalia for them selves, shared the mutual distaste for what happened!

Conclusion, your reasoning is flawed and filled with emotions rather than solid facts or figures.

And about the last but not the least of strange statement to come from you, SNM success depended on the south. You can pat your self on the back as much as you want but please don't make absolutely baseless claims that discredit any point you attempted to make.

Cige   

WAS THE OBJECTIVE OF THE SNM (SOMALI NATIONAL MOVEMENT) A SUCCESS OR FAILURE?

FAILURE .. Why?

because those whom they wer fighting against are all top posts (including presidency) of Somaliland redface.gif

juma-nne   

Wariyaa Garoodi. It's true that Somaliland has Achieved some progress after the collapse of Barre regime. However the little political and economic achievement is currently under threat from this Product of Accident regime.

know you are Udub supporter but if you are genuinely a patriot somalilander you will agree with me on the following brief response to your post

1.independent state >>> No recognition and worse the little democracy achieved is so far on life support

2. peace and harmony between Somaliland's clans--- to same extent yes but recent Flare-ups in Ceelbardaale shows deterioration of peace and harmony

3. Somaliland currency- Not practical Somaliland currency is limited to the western parts of Somaliland . unless you want to say Somaliland is all Hargeysa and its Environs.

4. national Somaliland army- ----Not yet well realized. Initiated by Cigaal kudos to his administration cause, he managed to nationalize the tribal armed groups to form a united force. But so far no formal Military structure is in place. Where did you ever saw a national military without recognized categorical Military Ranks?

5. free market trade-- That has been a total failure for the last seven years. Berbera port is dead and lots of infrastructures have been either sold or being milked by the ruling regime for personal gains. good example are Total depots.

6. To bring back Somaliland's people from Ethiopia, Djibouti and middle east--- Well those from middle east came of their own and with their own means. But most from Ethiopia are living in dire poverty they have less difference with the internally displaced populations in Somalia.

7. regional harmony with all surrounding states.---- With who Ethiopia and Djibouti? Of course they call the shots in the region but would they want you to be an equal in the international podiums? and did you forgot the recent event when Geelle songs were echoed in Hargeysa and Gabiley but when it came to the 18th may in Djibouti he clearly stated " Not in my Backyard" we also need to find a way to talk and negotiate with our neighbors in the south and east of Somaliland.

juma-nne   

Only Siad Barre knew their objective ,,, and it is what we have now. --------------------

war mad kadeysid. if only Afweyne knew their objectives meelba may gaadheen. he wouldnot have sent all his might to fight them but would have just waited to consult wit his NSS officer Riyaale kaahin. :D