Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Only an independent parliament can legislate: Sharif Hassan Sheikh Adan

Originally posted by Taako Man:

Brown

Show me were it says anything in the somalia consitution? Until otherwise your barking up an empty tree.

Well, do you have a copy of the somali constitution with you? I will be more than happy to point it out to you

According to intl law, I hear that there can be no martial law & parliament at the same time.

brown, our constittution or laws are not international laws but whatever our parliament deems is in our best interest. This law just gives the president extra authority to pacify the country.

As the word international is being thrown around, here is the herald..

In Baidoa, the inland city where the transitional Parliament still meets, lawmakers ousted the speaker of the Parliament, Sharif Hassan Sheikh Adan, on Wednesday.

Adan, an illiterate livestock trader,
was recently one of the most powerful men in Somalia. But he fell out of favor with Yusuf and Prime Minister Ali Mohammed Gedi after he tried to strike a peace deal between the Islamists and the transitional government. He also demanded that Ethiopian troops leave Somalia.

Members of Parliament accused him of being a traitor and voted 183 to 9 to remove him. A replacement has yet to be named.

Adan rejected the vote, telling a Somali radio station Wednesday, "The country is illegally occupied by Ethiopia and the MPs were probably forced to vote against me."

source

Shariifka xilka qaadidiisa waa lala Daahay

[17/01/07]

Shariifka xilka qaadidiisa waa lala Daahay

Bismillahi Raxmaani Raxiimi

Ugu horrey wxaan salamayaa Webka Somaliweyn kaddibna waxaan rabaa in aan Raýigeyga ka dhiibta Xilka laga Qaaday shariifka.

guddoomiyihii hore baarlamaanka shariif xassan waxaa loo dhiibay xil usan qaadi karin ,xattaa waxaa qald ah in uu xildhiban noqdo ,sababtoo ah waa nin daciif ah oo labo qofood ma maamuli karo .

waxaa la yiri waa waxaa jiray nin doqon ah wuu habaabay usbuuc kaddib waa lasoo helay ,hoyadiis waa qososhay markaa wuxuu doqonkii yiri :"hooyo maxaad u qosleeysaa berrito mar kale aan habaabayaa ".

shariifka iyo Madaxweynaha markii cadan lagu heshiisiiyey saaxiibadii waxaay sheegeen in shariifku uusan aaminaad lahayn oo isbeddelayo .

Shariifka ilaa baarlamaanka la dhisay qas buu waday waxaana isaga qaldan xilka guddoomiyaha iyo xilka Xildhibaanka :

Shariifku markii maxkamaduhu magaalooyin badan qabsadeen xamar buu usoo dhuuntay isaga oo islahaa maxkamaduhu dalkoo dhan xattaa baydhabo waa qabsanayaan .markii maxkamadihii baabaeen wuxuu bilaabay in uu dibadaha wareego isagoo adduunka ka codsanaya in aan Somaalida la caawinin.

markii Xilka laga qaaday shariifku waa isceebeeyey wuxuuna caayey baarlamaankii oo uu ku tilmaamay lahaystayaal .Shariifka waxaan waydiinayaa 9 qof oo u codeeysay isaga xor maaha miyaa

iyagana ma lahaystaa haddii lahaystana maxaay codka kuu siiyeen.,ma inta xilka kaa qaaday baa lahaystayaal ah ...waa ?????????yaabka ..yaabkiise .........

Shariifka waxaan leeyahay walaal Yuusan kugu dhcin maahmaahda carabta : Damac Kasiir Yamuut Fii Dariiq".

Waxaan hambalyo u jeedinayaa xubnaha baarlamaanka oo Shariifka Xilka ka qaaday sababtoo ah magacii Soomaaliya buu sharaftii ka qaaday wuxuuna ahaa nin jahawareer hayo oo aan aqoon xilkiisa

wuxuu raacay wadaadadii la bursaday iyaga ayuu ka haray oo la fikrad ahaa .

Baarlamaanka waxaan kula talinayaa in aay doortaan nin waddani ah oo aqoon leh oo yaqaan shaqadiisa.

N.O.R.F   

^I see see its time to discredit the most credible man in the TFG!

Is Somalia under martial law? Does the parliament not 'dissolve' under martial law thus making this sacking illegal?

TFG and its supporters dont even understand basic rules of governance!

for god sake people, martial law is whatever our parliament wants it to mean. They make all the laws. You can't use cooke cutters for laws. also, "the most credible man"? The man refused to come chair the parliament his job. According to the charter, if he is absent for more then a month, he automatically dismissed.

Northerner, you are not smarter than the 200 people who choose to get this dude out, nor should one take the law in bits, under international law, Somaliland does not exist and the TFG does, it represents North West Somalia on the UN.

As for Sharif he is the past, like the courts and like the warlords before them.

N.O.R.F   

^^So I was right in my assertion that the TFG do not know the rules by which it is conducting its affairs?

If I’m wrong please let me know.

Ps throwing in a line about SL was predictable,,,when all else fails mention SL seems to be the name of the game lately,,,,

pps i am smarter than 200 memebers of parliament as i know the rules ;)

^^^You are wrong, I am highlighting the fact that under Somali law, Somaliland is illegal and under international law it does not exist. Since now you have become an expert on legal matters. lol.

Let me deal with the brother, who is very ignorant about the matter at hand!

First of all Burcaawi, Somalia is not under martial law, I repeat it is not!

Also Parliament is fully functioning in Baidoa and they had a right to pass the motion in which they sacked/took their no-confidence vote out on the Speaker!

In fairness to you, I will not further humiliate you about your perceived so-called 'knowledge' about what Parliament can do or not!

However I will try to educate you, that's my duty!

Somalia is under a State of Emercency law, which will give the President more powers in dealing with a country that is in civil unrest!

He can change the constitution aswell, if the emercency requires and some personal freedoms can be taken away by that state of emergency but it's not martial law as you said!

So please next time you open up your mouth educate yourself because the legality of the matter is known to all but for some kind/strange reason you believe, it is only known by you!

Somalia is under a State of Emergecny law passed by Parliament aswell! You know there's a difference and if you don't know it, I would recommend you looking for it because I can't everytime hold your hand and educate you on such matters!

I hope you get a grasp of what I have said, if you don't, tough bad luck I say!

It's quite tiring to deal with folks who don't understand parliamentary procedures or the laws that have been passed!

The same goes for Brown, who raised the same point earlier, please for god's sake educate yourselves before start talking out of your back-sides!

N.O.R.F   

I am a legal expert in fact :D

Now, if i'm wrong can you prove it?

The legality of SL has been discussed many a time before (do a search). Here we are talking about the TFG's incompetance. Stick to the subject will you?

Fiqi

A man who rights in sentences and not paragraphs can not 'educate' me ;)

That's your escape tactic Burcaawi, because you couldn't deal as usual with the said, it was too heavy for you, I guess!

First educate yourself about the differences of martial law (military rule) and a State of Emergency law!

Then have you a valid point in discussing the matter with me but not prior to that! Ignorance is bliss!

N.O.R.F   

Fiqi, dont flatter yourself mate. I hardly look at your postings as they are usually waffles of some sort.

You have yet to prove to me that the TFG have acted in accordance with the said law (state of emergency as you pointed out). Please go ahead an do so.

ps in anticipation of a well written and concise piece from yourself (i'm being sarcastic here) please make sure to write in accordance with basic english grammer and punctuation rules ;) . Reading sentences one by one and scrolling down at the same time can be a litle tedious kido!