Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

NOT IN MY NAME

"O you who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to God, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kindred, and whether it be against rich or poor: For God can best protect both. Follow not the lusts of your hearts, lest you swerve, and if you distort justice or decline to do justice, verily God is well-acquainted with all that you do." (Quran 4: 135) The intent of this verse to eliminate all partiality, all favouritism in one's actions. Put aside ego (partiality to your own opinions). Put aside favouritism to your blood alliances, to your clan’s enclave/state; don't be swayed by wealth or any worldly considerations. When you judge you have to stand as a witness before God - for it is before Him that you are ultimately accountable.

In light of the above verse – I am proclaiming in this forum – that I Sayid Somal here by declare that what is happening in North East of Somalia (with Specific regards to the arbitrary arrests, proclamations about identity of others and the pervious attempts and actual handing over a muslim/somali to the cadowga) is the epitome of injustice. Injustices absence of justice; violation of the rights of another person - Justice is the concept of moral rightness based on ethics, law (of Allah), rationality, natural law (of Somalis), fairness and equity.

I can understand and expect halfwits would not fully understand or appreciate the above verses or what I am about to write below. However I am very much disappointed in some, whom I took to be above petty clan allegiance. I hope that reading the above reminder from Qur’an would give them the courage to stand up firmly for justice and speak what is right. As I write this, probably without doubt, Somalis in the horn of Africa are being forced from their homes, dying and being maimed, injured or disabled, while those who are responsible for such misery sleep soundly in their warm beds and worst of all those that should at minimum speak against these injustices are actually cheering on the internet. What happened to the basic tenet of humanity with regards to injustice one should not be a victim to it. One should not be a perpetrator. But above all, one should never, ever, be a bystander to injustice?

In brief, injustice rains supreme in our motherland and most of the world.

What is the justification for this? Don't people feel the need for just administrations?

When we talk about justice, everybody shares essentially the same basic concepts, and these are accepted by the majority of people right away. This justice will include people from all walks of life, with no discrimination between them.

What often distances people from justice is their rejection of it. They may concur in principle, but they reject it when it conflicts with their own interests. Everyone, for instance, spurns bribery and in theory agrees that taking bribes is immoral. However, faced with an attractive offer of a bribe, some people fabricate "justifications" and violate the principles they theoretically agree with.

Similarly, everybody agrees that public resources should be shared equally. However, the recipients of an "aid campaign" may attempt to take a greater share and even tread over others to accomplish that. In this case, too, personal interests supersede justice.

Or more particularly to Somalis, punishing the defenceless (in terms of clan lineage) and the poor whilst the accused and even guilty from the armed clans are always given leniency when caught or conveniently can never be found. Hasn’t our prophet warned us against this (giving that nations before us were destroyed for practising these of forms of penal systems: where justice was only meted out on the weak and those of lower class, whilst those of wealth or status were let free)

The examples are legion. Yet we ultimately face the very same truth: even if some people believe in the necessity of justice, they may violate it when their interests are at stake (these interest include ‘peace at all cost’ defence). Since some people with such mentalities are in the majority in some societies, justice remains an illusionary concept. For due administration of justice, a morality which will enable people to set aside their personal benefits for the sake of justice is needed. It has being said: The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

I part you with a question: Since when do you have to agree with people to defend them from injustice? And Remember; History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.

Ibtisam   

Sayid do not expect them to line up behind you in support.

In this place, justice means nothing, its egos and clans. At best justice and Somalinimo are gimmicks to be used and abused.

Kamaavi   

^ I second that.

A timely thread on Sol. As we can see those who oppose justice want to create a rotten and undignified system for our generation to witness!!!

In light of the above verse – I am proclaiming in this forum – that I Sayid Somal here by declare that what is happening in North East of Somalia (with Specific regards to the arbitrary arrests, proclamations about identity of others and the pervious attempts and actual handing over a muslim/somali to the cadowga) is the epitome of injustice. Injustices absence of justice; violation of the rights of another person - Justice is the concept of moral rightness based on ethics, law (of Allah), rationality, natural law (of Somalis), fairness and equity.

Hear Hear!

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Sayid do not expect them to line up behind you in support.

In this place,
justice means nothing, its egos and clans. At best justice and Somalinimo are gimmicks to be used and abused.

i don't expect or even want for some to lie on here by saying they are for justice. this is my rant and i hope it educates some as to thier position about disregarding the clear and instructions of Allah (SWT) and yet call them selves believers. btw - i understand the surah a quoted is refering to different level of imaan than what is displayed here.

^^

Originally posted by Halyeey 11:

duke, this people do not understand politics , puntland should keep its interest at first then comes the others. puntland can not avoid war with ethiopia so it its intereset to have freindly ties with addis to survive in this rough wheather.

so atleast puntland can help onlf secretly but not publicly because addis ababa can harm puntland interest.

and i wrote

What often distances people from justice is their rejection of it. They may concur in principle, but they reject it when it conflicts with their own interests.

Imagine seeing people trudging through life carrying a heavy backpack. When you ask them what is in it, they reply, "I don't know." "Well, then, why are you carrying it?" you ask. They give the same answer, "I don't know." You see, they have been carrying it so long, they don't recall how it got on their back, what's in it, or why they're carrying it. What a shame it is to needlessly carry such a burden. What exactly is the burden? Often it is SHAME.

until you can forgive yourself, you will be forced to carry that backpack. May your burden be light.

kyz   

I think if you would have been the president of puntland you would have taken same decision as faroole did, the things are not easy as they seam puntland can not support onlf rebels this time and the acusations that puntland handed over some onlf youth to Ethiopia is proved to a fabricated lies,

so there is no any thing to say not in my name and make all these noises.

Thankful   

Remember how the story was first that 5 ONLF teachers who came from studying in Yemen were arrested and sent to Ethiopia. Then the story changed to 5 ONLF rebels were sent to Ethiopia by secret plane and then final the story is....they were never sent to Ethiopia but left in Bosasso where one man has died. Get the stories right, I can't wait until the twist.

^that is beside the point - the point is justice or just cause should be the overriding objective here - not your interest of pleasing the bad guy who might come to beat you up if you don't do as he orders.

Thankful   

The point is nothing has been varified and until there is something tangible then lets stop with the imaginary stories that you are believing. What is the alleged person name that was killed? Do you have a picture of him?

What are you exactly denying/contesting?

1. That there was story of fluctuating details but nevertheless confirmed (by Gen. Ilkajiir) story of five being detained without being brought before court – one dies in captivate – the minister is unsure of where the one of the said man is now?

2. same time last year 5 Somali guys were arrested in Bossaso and on their way to be transported to garowe (for unknown but suspected reasons) were turn back from Qardho back to Bossaso – never to be heard again what happened to them.

3. Three months before that - incident where 2 men were caught in Garowe and given to an agent of the state of Ethiopia.

4. The arrest of a supposed governor of mudug was taken for questioning by agents of Ethiopia and realised after intervention of his cousin.

5.The fact that a supposed patriotic Somali questions the identity of other Somalis?

6. all of the above?

Thankful   

What is your sources for all this? The is the name of the alleged person that died? We don't know any details except one person has died? You must be careful about what articles you believe. So if a minister is "allegedly" unsure of the one said man, you presume he's dead?

My point is that since as you admit the "story of fluctuating details" is developing still, dont't try and fill in the holes to suit your own agenda's against Puntland. He may have died in custody, but until their is concrete proof we need to wait.

But it seems you and many that love to grab hold of certain stories are enjoying this and hoping that it will be some sort of rallying cry that will cause a war in Puntland.