Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Another Division: Do we need this now?

I must say that this debate has been fantastic, so far excellent to read.

However it has been drawn back into the murky world of name calling and clan bashing and admin intervention. How sad that what started as a debate of language and dialect has been turned into professing ones clan ideology or exposing closet clan fascist’s.

Speaking for myself I have never heard a worse clan diatribe than what comes out of the mouths of so called respected leaders in Hargaysa. To hear Faisal Warabe and Edna one wonders how such people can lead, one pities those souls being led.

There is no need to hide behind the UNION or the so called fake referendum or the elections that never took place in PUNTLAND SSH.

Who is the closet clanist’s those who burn the SOMALI flag, hate Mogadishu and chant “no more XAMAR” “Burn XAMAR” or those who strive for a united Somalia a federal Somalia where the men in GAROWE will make the laws for PUNTLAND and those in BADOA will make local laws for the SOWTHWESTERN state and etc ?

Lets cover some old ground shall we

Somaliland is divisible if Somalia is divisible. Single groupings in Hargaysa can’t determine who secede and who do not, those who support such madness are clanist.

Democracy and the hope of East Africa and a great army and SNM mujahidin are all well and to some extent true. But your leaders are as criminal as others found in the south, your SNM caused pain and heart ache as the USC and SSDF, remember what happened in AWDAL.

Your leaders are corrupt and grow rich while they heat up racist rhetoric about BRITISH partition and a UNION. Do you not understand that 1 July 1960 British Somaliland became null and void and what you are talking about has no legal basis?

To ignore the truth, is to be A clanist to hate Mogadishu and a flag is to be A clanist to hate diversity, the MAY Somali language, the Bantu’s the Somali Arabs the South is to be A clanist. So my friends it is you who need to look in the mirror to learn about Somalia and to give up this sectarian, baseless hatred which you so passionately champion.

Sophist,

Brother what you have said is out of order,

“In order to succeed we need to rise above our differences” Nelson Mandela

Baashi   

I second the SAW sentiment toward sophist.

Very well AYOUB! I’m more than willing to answer your questions and if you keep them coming …perhaps we can get somewhere provided they are all relevant to the secession/unity issue. As to the statement about me as someone who is not unaware of being tribalist…well let me just remind you the old adage that perception is not necessarily a reality. BTW nomads in this forum are not here to get approval from other nomads. Let’s leave that at there.

On what bases would I want Somaliland be divided? Is it tribal?

I don’t want it to be divided at all. My preference is to have it as part of Somalia. Before we proceed, two facts are in order: a) Somalia is a tribal society. b) Clans/sub-clans are the only organized (grass roots level constituents) that can wield political power in Somalia – or their tacit support is a prerequisite to any political settlement. In light of these facts, assuming you agree the premise, it follows that a matters of large concern are decided on tribal basis. Whether that is right or wrong is another matter all together. Now! We know SSH folks are not for secession. We also know pro-secessionist claim are grounded on the Somaliland whose borders encompasses SSH areas. The challenge is how you go around denying the self-determination right of SSH and yet claim it is perfectly okay to seek separation from the rest of Somalia on same self-determination principle. Hence ‘if Somalia is divisible so is Somaliland’ proposition stand unchallenged.

What derives my attempts to dismiss…..?

Well I’m not so sure I attempted to dismiss EVERYONE who have good thing to say about Northwest. I did dismiss couple of foreign ‘Folgers’, namely David Shinn, who have a reputation to make political statements in support of divided Somalia. Now! It should be noted that Ambassador Shinn’s have never traveled to SSH areas in effort to weigh both sides of argument. One sided, biased, foreigner lobbying for divided Somalia is not to be taken seriously.

AYOUB   

Baashi, if you did not want Somaliland to be devided why did you ask 'is Somaliland divisible?'. I think you are back-tracking to avoid explaining how you would want it devided. If your feelings for the people of Somaliland are as such that feel concerned for some more than the rest, its ok, i am sure you are not the only one feeling like that. If you try to explain this feeling as 'patriotism' then you are being economical with the truth because there is a minority even in Hargeisa who want to be part of Somaliweyn but your 'patriotism' is only concerned with the ones in parts of 'SSH'.

I see this 'lets devide Somaliland' cry as part of land snatching attempt, which started with Siad's moving of people to fertile lands in south Somalia under the cover of Dabadheer droughts. This robbery attempt might have worked if we were still in the refugee camps and not where the Almighty wanted us all to be. Let's quit hiding behing some bushes, make your case and explain how you would devide Somaliland. I say you can not devide it because a majority said so. If Somaliland ended with the British mandate, has the British mandate not ended in Kenya? Why are Kenya's and Djibouti's borders like they have always been? I think you all think Somaliland is easy to dismantle, i hope we never find out what the truth is.

Mr Oodweyne, the SNM never missed no opportunity. They passed their tasks with flying colours and they have my respect and gratitude. If the intent was other than removing the occupation of Siad's army, Sophist would not be talking about 500 'innocent' killed but tens of thousands in the villages he listed as part of 92% of Sanaag ;) and surrounding arrears. I do not agree with some of the statements you made especially the last paragragh of your last post.

Mr Sophist it is hard to imagine some of your potsts could come from someone who's lineage includes Mr Kombe and MR Kablalla. :D

Sophist   

This is Disgrace. I have to say that Most of what is written here are not FROM ME> I have already explained that I used some's computer and left without logging he posted this vile filth wasaqkh that reeks in this place.

Wal Ciyaadu bilaah, ma nin Caqli xoogaa yar leh ayaa waxan qori kara waaba yaab?