Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Faroole is right, Sharif must sign the Galkacyo Accord

ElPunto   

^Taking all of this at face value(very hard to do with you :D ) - the $64,000 dollar question is - since you said ur to the rest of Somalia - why the undue interest in how Somalia's jackpot is divied up?

Oodweyne,

I can certainly understand M Yare’s frustration with me. I have mastered how to flush rascals like him out of the SOL political woodworks. His feign is no longer, and the man we knew is back digging SOL archives to put up a defense against the rigorous analysis he has been subjected to.

One also understands what is eating you up awoowe. After twenty years of isolation, and humiliation in the hands of powers that be, you are still doing what you always do best, praying others to fail.

Sharif is the president of tfg. Faroole is the head of PL. Very important portfolios indeed. They are in the business of debating the federal structure of future Somali state. What you hear is indeed the birth pangs of Somalia’s rebirth. You are reduced to comment on the style of these two men. We are offering a meaningful content, putting things in context in the hope that the grieve stricken snm boys like you, who after telling the world that they are indeed a sovereign nation seem to be still fighting the boys from the east, can see the big picture. In the hope that you realize that men in leadership capacity do things right through negotiation and compromise.

Finally as stakeholders, we pen relevant opinion about the issue at hand. You on the other hand unfortunately remain the prisoner of the past, under the shackles of what happened in 1980s. Yet one can notice the apatite to participate in Somali politics. Hence your predicament ya Oodweyne is real :D .

Dacawaatuna macakum ya ikhwannaa :D

Juje   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Juje,

Why the president's signature is not required here? Why the accord is not implemented?

1) There is already an execuive signature on it and the ink hasn't dried yet.

2)If you go back to the accord you will notice what was agreed on is not something that is implemented overnite.

Xiin sxb 'ohinta ohin orgi ka weyn' what ever sparked Farole to embark on this uncalculated and rueful step will emerge as we progress. However the Galkacyo accord will be implemented as agreed on and the TFG government is not, at the present, considering making or adding amendments to it.

Originally posted by Juje:

quote:Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Juje,

Why the president's signature is not required here? Why the accord is not implemented?

1) There is already an execuive signature on it and the ink hasn't dried yet.

2)If you go back to the accord you will notice what was agreed on is not something that is implemented overnite.

Xiin sxb
'ohinta ohin orgi ka weyn'
what ever sparked Farole to embark on this uncalculated and rueful step will emerge as we progress. However the Galkacyo accord will be implemented as agreed on and the TFG government is not, at the present, considering making or adding amendments to it.
Juje,

I am not a mind reader. I was however one of those who defended the Accord, and Sharif’s stance on it. In light of Sharif’s deafening silence, however, Faroole’s protest is legitimate and has a merit. The president needs to articulate what are the sticking points if any and the timelines to implement this accord. What is the role, and dare I say the use, of TFG if it can’t even implement simple interim arrangements with a stable region awoowe. Much was expected from this entity in terms of reconciliation of Somalis. I can understand the necessary security arrangement against those who are resolved to fight it. But inserting ambiguity where one is not needed defeats the purpose.

If Faroole is asking new amendments to Galkacyo Accord Sharif should say so publicly. But the information I have is that Faroole is asking the implementation of Galkacyo Agreement.

Juje if the accord will be implemented then why create unnecessary animosity. When Sharif and Faroole met, it will have been an excellent opportunity to hold joint press conference to showcase how the TFG is working with states in the peaceful parts of Somalia. This will advance the clout of the TFG and pave the way for more support inside and outside. Sharif needs to take charge of this issue and show leadership.

Juje   

Awoowe, the already signed accord called for or centred on making Puntland the base for establishing a naval force in countering sea pirates and foreign fishing trawlers that loot the Somali seas. To establish such institute or force requires a great lenght of time and allocation of funds. Hence the question of implementing. On the other hand in the recent media drive by Farole he argues that the cabinet never discussed the accord nor was it presented to the TFG parliament. He is right but what he does not know is that it will never go before either of two organs purely on the basis cause it is not necessary.

Awoowe the accord was amid a Federal Government and a regional government under its jurisdiction. And I think you will agree with me it does not warrant a Federal Parliament discussion.

Nevertheless seeking its funds, establshing a technical committe for means and ways of establishing and other related factors is duly in process.

What is bewildering is to seek additional amends to an accord which he already complains has not being implemented and worst of all to play the media card. There is lack o genuity on his side and my dear awoowe trust me it is better the President is silent on this.

Farole would have to seek an alternative route to find solution which is not the microphone of Universal TV and numerous Somali journalist in Nairobi. Eventually he will come to the table and that is where he knows he doesnt have that much to bargain with.

^The establishment of naval force and serious re-allocation of meager resources does not warrant parliamentary discussion-at the very least, the parliament must have hand in the budgetary process, otherwise what kind shop is Sharif running?

So Faroole wants to amend the accord, says who? It is more likely some warlord ministers who started this media war are pushing Sharif around. Sharif needs to show strong leadership, either state the obvious or tell us why the accord is bad for the TFG.

Meiji   

Qanyare is right on this issue.

Puntland has its share through the artificial 4.5 quota system. Through that clan system they are represented in the TFG and as such they can have their input on how resources are allocated through that system. But to behave like an independent state on it its own, that can enter agreements with foreign powers and actors and expect to enter a direct negotation with the TFG is absurd to say the least.

When the federal states are fully operating and the country is stabilized can one talk about sharing of resources through a federal formula.

Sh.Sharif must not break under the pressure of regional chieftains who have only their selfish clan interest at heart.

Splittist Oodweyne and his familiar rhetoric is not something new at all. The man is resisting the signs of new era and the men who are leading it.

Are you filling in for M yare today?

If you really want to chime in the current discussion about the emerging federal structure for Somalia, you need to ditch this intellectual cowardice of yours where you cant even admit the existence of those who beat you in the political maneuverings of the large region. You need to realize that TFG is real, PL is not a Pirate Land, and Nairobi discussions are not about ransoms :D